PDA

View Full Version : My correspondence with Ubisoft Support

SixKeys
12-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Oh, Ubisoft. (Don't ever) Change.

20th November:

Me: "Hi, I pre-ordered a special edition of AC3 in August. I was promised by an official Ubisoft representative [note: our very own Mr_Shade] that I could upgrade to an updated version of the game for no extra cost to receive additional content not included on the original disc."
Ubi Support: "No need to worry. All editions of the game come with the extra content, even those ordered before the edition was updated."
Me: "Are you sure?"
Support: "Yes, we're sure."

5th December:

Me: "Hi, I still haven't got access to the updated version of the game I was promised. Any reason why this could be?"
Support: "Hold on, I'll get right back you." (http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/411/949/f0d.jpg)

*telephone music plays until 29th December*

Support: "Durr, did you know there are actually TWO versions of the edition you ordered back in August? And that one of them is actually updated to include additional content not included on the original disc? And that we spent the last 3 weeks finding this info for you? Herp derp?"

cmrggamer
12-30-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience with support. I thankfully have not needed to contact them yet. Were you at least reimbursed with the content you should have had?
Also, I couldn't help but laugh when I looked up at your avatar pic and thought about how fitting it is for what you wrote (apart from the text) XD

SixKeys
12-30-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience with support. I thankfully have not needed to contact them yet. Were you at least reimbursed with the content you should have had?

Nope. Since they obviously don't even seem to realize what exactly the problem is. "Can I have this updated version of the game, please? -Uhh, I'm sorry, but we only sell updated versions of the game here, so I can't help you."