PDA

View Full Version : AC2: After starting the game it flickers for a second then then i get the message:

ckoulatsi
12-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I bought Assasin's Creed 2 today from steam.
After starting the game it flickers for a second then then i get the popup: Thank you for playing 0 Seconds.
I assume the game crashes.I couldn't manage to start it at all. Re installed it 2-3 times.... nothing.
Any solutions?

ckoulatsi
12-30-2012, 05:46 PM
OK i forgot the Specs and Computer Setup. Here we are:

Graphics............ Palit Geforce GTX 660 2G Ram
Mobo.................. Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Processor.......... Intel i5 3570K@3.4Ghz (OC@3.8Ghz)
Memory.............. 8GB Dual Channel
Boot Disk............ Crucial M4-CT SSD2 256GB
Storage Disk....... 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache (ST1000DM003)
Setup.................. Dual Monitor

Software
OS...................... Windows 8 /w all updates performed
Graphics driver.... nVidia Version 310.70 (17-Dec-12)

As i mentioned the game was purchased from Steam.
The steam Directory is on my secondary Hard Disk (Seagate D:\Steam) for the reason that my SSD drive is small to store my games.

Anyone had the same issues?

LambertoKevlar
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
it's the assassin's creed 3 forum,here you can write only if:
your game stutters
have fps drops everywhere
works only with mega-cpu
is ultrabugged
you have paid sixty bucks and your game doesn't work

ckoulatsi
12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
it's the assassin's creed 3 forum,here you can write only if:
your game stutters
have fps drops everywhere
works only with mega-cpu
is ultrabugged
you have paid sixty bucks and your game doesn't work

I posted here...

Forum: Assassin's Creed General Discussion (PC)
Please use this forum for PC General Discussion of Assassins Creed 1, 2, 3, Brotherhood & Revelations.

So either be constructive or STFU

McJobless
12-31-2012, 04:04 PM
So either be constructive or STFU
Look, buddy. I get that you want help for this game you bought, and yes you posted in the "right" forum. Unfortunately, though, with the flaming turd that is AC3 PC, a lot of people in this forum are on edge and are angry and upset and want answers in regards to the newest game which is an Obvious Beta.

Very few people here, if there are any, know how to properly troubleshoot the AC games, and even less are willing to go out of their way to help you fix a game which is a couple years old, which probably has hundreds of troubleshooting documents over the Internet.

Please contact Ubisoft Support. If that doesn't work go anywhere but here.

ckoulatsi
12-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Look, buddy. I get that you want help for this game you bought, and yes you posted in the "right" forum. Unfortunately, though, with the flaming turd that is AC3 PC, a lot of people in this forum are on edge and are angry and upset and want answers in regards to the newest game which is an Obvious Beta.

Very few people here, if there are any, know how to properly troubleshoot the AC games, and even less are willing to go out of their way to help you fix a game which is a couple years old, which probably has hundreds of troubleshooting documents over the Internet.

Please contact Ubisoft Support. If that doesn't work go anywhere but here.

This is a constructive answer. You didn't solve the problem but pointed the right direction. Thank you.

PS: Its the first and last game i bought from UBISoft. Should have done my research before spending my money on this pile of crap software.

MohMurad
12-31-2012, 07:42 PM
This is a constructive answer. You didn't solve the problem but pointed the right direction. Thank you.

PS: Its the first and last game i bought from UBISoft. Should have done my research before spending my money on this pile of crap software.

Have you even searched at all, or are you one of those people who have a good PC for no reason? I've searched "Assassin's Creed 3 keeps flickering" and get nearly a whole page of what looks like relevant answers.

Google it, if that doesn't work, then ask Ubisoft support.

If that doesn't work, then post here.

And there is a Technical Support forum you know.

MohMurad
12-31-2012, 07:45 PM
@xx7xxxPowersxx Yes the one with a lot of pointless X's. How do you know this is OBVIOUSLY a beta? If this was so obviously a beta why was it released as a full game then? Do you work with Ubisoft? You one of the devs? No? Then don't assume.

spectatorx
12-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Obviously it is not a beta, it is alpha or pre-alpha version of game which who knows why been released as final product. This game shouldn't be released in current state.

McJobless
12-31-2012, 10:41 PM
@xx7xxxPowersxx Yes the one with a lot of pointless X's. How do you know this is OBVIOUSLY a beta? If this was so obviously a beta why was it released as a full game then? Do you work with Ubisoft? You one of the devs? No? Then don't assume.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ObviousBeta

How about you stop assuming things I say are literal. I was referring to a Trope that covers games in a similar state to this. I see no reason why this game doesn't apply to this Trope.

ckoulatsi
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Have you even searched at all, or are you one of those people who have a good PC for no reason?.

The truth is that i usually don't post on forums. The reason is because i hate to get answers from smartarses like you. You have no reason to assume IF i'm one of those persons who have a good PC for no reason because this assumption is irrelevant with the whole problem. Or would you just ignore my whole problem and would avoid to answer here if my PC was some 5 years old spec thing?
Yes i searched... and if you had done the same before playing smart here you would have noticed that there is an army of gamers with the same issue, still unresolved so far.
So do yourself a favor.... if you see in a forum someone who ask's for help and you know that very moment that you are INCOMPETENT to provide help to that person, just ignore the post as your contribution will have exact the same effect with all those things that land in /dev/null.

ckoulatsi
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
OK i found the solution to my problem and i will post it here in case someone has the same issues.

On my first post where i describe my problem i mentioned this:

As i mentioned the game was purchased from Steam.
The steam Directory is on my secondary Hard Disk (Seagate D:\Steam) for the reason that my SSD drive is small to store my games.

The only solution i didn't tried and i was also suspicious about being the very problem was the path of the game installment. I didn't tried that solution as my main drive (SSD) has not much of capacity and reinstalling the whole steam directory with all games on the main drive was out of the question.

Till i found this utility: SteamMover

You can download it here:
http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

This utility gave me the opportunity to move ONLY AC2 on my main drive without needing to re-install the whole steam stuff to my main drive (which was also not an option for me because of its size).

I can't understand why the game won't start from D:\drive as all heavyweight games i own reside there and are fully playable, but hey... let UBISoft worry about that.
I just hope that if someone gets the same problem, this post will help him hopefully solve his problem too.

o/