PDA

View Full Version : Why were pre-production gameplay removed?

AjinkyaParuleka
12-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I saw most of the pre-production gameplay videos,so many feature in it were removed....tree climbing was 5 times better than the final product,the graphics where you can get your clothes covered in snow,fluid free running,bodies flowing in rivers,and patriot camps in the frontier looked more lively.Jumping on bodies.Was there a reason they couldn't reproduce the gameplay in the final product?

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah...Outdated hardware

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah...Outdated hardware

Not really, as Ubisoft has always tested their Assassin's Creed games on the PlayStation 3..

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Not really, as Ubisoft has always tested their Assassin's Creed games on the PlayStation 3..
No..They don't..care to prove me wrong with proof ?? And actually Yes, the hardware is outdated. Just look at AC III is it running perfectly fine ?? they had to pull off many exploits for the game to work and operate, but after all this, they still have FPS issues and bugs. The specifications are over 5 years old...That`s why everyone is anxious for the next gen...

MT4K
12-29-2012, 09:26 PM
The pre-production footage was created purely for the sake of impressing higher ups and as a target for them to try and achieve with the actual game. It wasn't like somebody actually "played" that and recorded it. It was just them creating it all as far as i know.

I may be wrong of course but pretty sure no pre-production stuff on games is ever an actual "playable" thing. I'm sure people with more knowledge than me though could prove that wrong or correct though :p.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:31 PM
The pre-production footage was created purely for the sake of impressing higher ups and as a target for them to try and achieve with the actual game. It wasn't like somebody actually "played" that and recorded it. It was just them creating it all as far as i know.

I may be wrong of course but pretty sure no pre-production stuff on games is ever an actual "playable" thing. I'm sure people with more knowledge than me though could prove that wrong or correct though :p.
Pre-production test gameplay can indeed be playable. These days mostly designed specifically for the PC, but seeing as the one for AC III had a PS3 format, I`m inclined to say that it was not played by someone..

MT4K
12-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Pre-production test gameplay can indeed be playable. These days mostly designed specifically for the PC, but seeing as the one for AC III had a PS3 format, I`m inclined to say that it was not played by someone..

Ahh ok. Still it's a shame when you see that how cool a full game could have been if truly like that.

Still AC3 did a good job all the same.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Ahh ok. Still it's a shame when you see that how cool a full game could have been if truly like that.

Still AC3 did a good job all the same.
Yeah I was like "Why the hell are they showing this ??" They really should not have done that In my opinion...It just increases the anxiousness for next gen..more so than it already is xD

MohMurad
12-29-2012, 10:12 PM
It was completely CGI and it was what Alex Hutchinson (correct me if I'm wrong) created so him and his team could work on the game from that example.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 10:17 PM
It was completely CGI and it was what Alex Hutchinson (correct me if I'm wrong) created so him and his team could work on the game from that example.
Correct..

It was definitely not rendered in real time..

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 10:19 PM
No..They don't..care to prove me wrong with proof ?? And actually Yes, the hardware is outdated. Just look at AC III is it running perfectly fine ?? they had to pull off many exploits for the game to work and operate, but after all this, they still have FPS issues and bugs. The specifications are over 5 years old...That`s why everyone is anxious for the next gen...

They do, it was stated by an Ubisoft Montreal worker. Even at E3, the Ubisoft Montreal's Boss (I dunno the technical term for the title) was demanding for the PS4 so that they may test new physics for the AC franchise. So yeah.

Actually, that only stands for the Xbox side, Xbox has always been inferior to PlayStation. (It's the truth. PlayStation's spec are better than Xbox's).

Bashilir
12-30-2012, 01:29 AM
They do, it was stated by an Ubisoft Montreal worker. Even at E3, the Ubisoft Montreal's Boss (I dunno the technical term for the title) was demanding for the PS4 so that they may test new physics for the AC franchise. So yeah.

Actually, that only stands for the Xbox side, Xbox has always been inferior to PlayStation. (It's the truth. PlayStation's spec are better than Xbox's).

Okay but that "pre-production" was obviously not on PS3. That was definitely PC.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Okay but that "pre-production" was obviously not on PS3. That was definitely PC.
It`s pre-rendered...It was not played by anyone..

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 01:45 AM

He said he wants X-box 720 AND PS4...

Not just PS4

Bashilir
12-30-2012, 02:01 AM
It`s pre-rendered...It was not played by anyone..

I didn't mean played on PC. I meant it was made on PC.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 02:05 AM
I didn't mean played on PC. I meant it was made on PC.
Everything`s made on PC:p

montagemik
12-30-2012, 02:34 AM

So , is there Any reason the PC version isn't running without glitches / bugs & FPS issues ?
PC specs aren't 5 years outdated.

Doesn't matter which format it's on - If AC-3 had come out on PS4 / X720 with any glitches /bugs , They'd then use the excuse "it's new tech - will take time to learn how to utilise it fully"
Either way - they have an excuse for less than perfect gameplay.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 02:42 AM
So , is there Any reason the PC version isn't running without glitches / bugs & FPS issues ?

Poor Optimization

AjinkyaParuleka
12-30-2012, 08:18 AM
PC>all consoles ktnxbai.I won't buy a console,never, PC is just fine,its multipurpose :D.PC graphics are better than consoles.DX11 ftw

rego00123
12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
its pre production, nothing has been finalized and they are still shooting for the moon as to what the final product may be. the only thing they have a firm grasp on at this point is the main goal of the project and working assets for the base of the game. as the production goes on things are cut for relevance, space or the technical limitations.