PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 9 of AC3, thoughts so far.

Reaver129
12-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Honestly I can't say this is very fun. It seems to have taken actions which were very simple from the previous games, like recruiting new assassins or upgrading equipment, and made them needlessly complicated. I've been playing with the same weapons the entire game, because despite finding numerous "recipes" for new weapons, the blacksmith has yet to grace my game with his presence. (along with all the other homestead missions)

the full synchronization objectives often seem arbitrary and often completely random, the missions seem almost on rails (where previous games gave you an objective and let you decide how to accomplish it, you are now forced along a single path) and the characters aren't very well developed. Every other scene is connor and achilles fighting, but little background is provided for these arguments, and I'm left with the emotional investment I would have watching a random child throw a tantrum in a restaurant .

Honestly I'm having trouble bringing myself to finish this, which is a shame considering how addictive the previous games were.

P.S- also, why does making money have to be so ridiculously complicated in a game? let me buy shops and houses, charge rent and forget about it. As it is, you're pretty much screwed with the homestead missions failing to appear like they have in my game.

Lass4r
12-29-2012, 07:41 PM
I agree on alot of stuff being too complicated and/or not explained well enough. It sucks hard to discover mechanics that you could have had good use of once you've already finished most of the missions.

And please please Ubisoft, make systems to increase replayablitity! British convoys are great, but making the forts replayable would be even better. I really wish there had been a system like this for borgia towers in Bhood. Revelations almost did it, but you had to play den defence, and lose, to be able to replay the den attack. And the den defence wasn't great. In AC3 there's really nothing to do after you finished the game, except kill guards.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:04 PM
In AC3 there's really nothing to do after you finished the game, except kill guards.
What about Hunting and Mini-games ??

I mean....That was the case with EVERY AC....not one did we have anything to do after finishing the game...I can`t see how that`s exclusive to AC III..

In regards to the OP......He just hates the change and is unable to find it appealing, because he expected another simple-minded rehash of previous games...I can agree that there are things that should`v used better explanation, but what he`s saying is basically Yeah I hate the change bring back Ezio trilogy..

Reaver129
12-29-2012, 08:38 PM
A simple minded rehash? no, I was hoping for a game that further opened up the ways to complete main objectives by diversifying the assassination system and adding new abilities, rather than one which put every mission on rails and branched out (poorly) to an economic sim game. Also, Nine men's morris on expert. it's like playing against deep blue.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:41 PM
A simple minded rehash? no, I was hoping for a game that further opened up the ways to complete main objectives by diversifying the assassination system and adding new abilities, rather than one which put every mission on rails and branched out (poorly) to an economic sim game. Also, Nine men's morris on expert. it's like playing against deep blue.
First, I was not talking about your plight with Assassinations, just your love for Ezio`s trilogy economic system and hate for AC III`s new and "needless complexity" as you put it..

I agree with the freedom of missions....it`s non-existent..

Reaver129
12-29-2012, 08:51 PM
It's the same system they used with the fable games, and it worked pretty well there. rewards investment, doesn't divert too much attention away from the game itself. If I want a game that involves meticulous planning of resources I could start up civilization or age of empires, where it's actually fun. As it is in Assassin's creed, all you do is pore over lists of items in complicated and ill explained menus that rely on doing homestead missions that may or may not actually appear in your game.

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 08:53 PM
ACIII has more side content that ANY OTHER game in the franchise....... And as for the "lack of freedom", that is true =/. However there something that bothers me, MANY people complained about ACB and ACR in regards of how short the games were due to the fact that many of its missions were tutorials. That was somehow fixed in AC3 and people keep complaining.....

Hard to please everybody.....

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:56 PM
It's the same system they used with the fable games, and it worked pretty well there. rewards investment, doesn't divert too much attention away from the game itself. If I want a game that involves meticulous planning of resources I could start up civilization or age of empires, where it's actually fun. As it is in Assassin's creed, all you do is pore over lists of items in complicated and ill explained menus that rely on doing homestead missions that may or may not actually appear in your game.
I found it way more fun than Ezio`s trilogy Economic system. Homestead missions appear after specific sequences and in ALL the areas, not just the Homestead or the Frontier. maybe that`s your problem..If it`s not, then it`s a bug and you have all my sympathies..

i WiLL aM
12-29-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but you'll need to complete homestead missions in order for more to appear. Look for the homestead icons in New York and Boston as well as the frontier. I thought mine were glitched and none would ever appear until I found one in Boston/NY. Once you get started, they start popping up everywhere. Eventually, your settlers can be used to passively make you money as well, which sorts outs one of your other problems. :)

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I found it way more fun than Ezio`s trilogy Economic system. Homestead missions appear after specific sequences and in ALL the areas, not just the Homestead or the Frontier. maybe that`s your problem..If it`s not, then it`s a bug and you have all my sympathies..
Wait, did you just say there are Homestead missions outside the Homestead? Looks like i found my first real bug:(

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Wait, did you just say there are Homestead missions outside the Homestead? Looks like i found my first real bug:(
Are finished with the game yet ??

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Are finished with the game yet ??
Off course over 35 houers playtime on that profile, only had 3 or 4 Homestead missions.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Off course over 35 houers playtime on that profile, only had 3 or 4 Homestead missions.
What ?? What was the last Homestead mission you did ??

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 09:11 PM
What ?? What was the last Homestead mission you did ??
Searching Prudence and the conversation you unlock afther the mission.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Searching Prudence and the conversation you unlock afther the mission.
did you do all conversations then ??

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 09:15 PM
did you do all conversations then ??
I don't know, but i have no mission or conversation icons on my homestead map enymore

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 09:17 PM
That is really weird, take a closer look in NY and boston!!! Try by removing all the icons but the homestead ones in your map.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:24 PM
That is really weird, take a closer look in NY and boston!!! Try by removing all the icons but the homestead ones in your map.
Try that

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
ok gonna try that thanks.

ToughGuy31
12-30-2012, 01:32 AM
The game has FATAL flaws, and being WAY too linear is one of them, but I don't get why everyone is so negative about the game itself, like the controls and Conner. Those were the best parts. Anyway, the game does have a VERY slow start, is riddled with bugs, and has a VERY BAD ending. But the free roaming, tree running, bad-guy hiding, and bad-guy fighting is terrific, and makes up for the Flaws, in my opinion anyway.