PDA

View Full Version : Horrible performance in AC3 with two GTX 680's

Kellsa2005
12-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Was working fine and perfectly smooth until I hit Boston. Frame rate sits at about 23 constantly. Very unhappy. Any word on when this will be addressed? I didn't spend over $1200 for this kind of performance...

EDIT: to clarify, I have messed around with all options inside and out of the game. Setting antialiasing on normal seems to yield some results, bringing me up to about 30 FPS. But even with all settings as low as they will go I still cannot break this frame count.

Also tried disabling SLI, messed around with threaded optimization, and also tried different options for alternate frame rendering.

NOTHING WORKS.

hitman47222
12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Game has worst optimization out there ( Only beaten by GTA IV ).

We all need to wait for a patch.

18 FPS on max settings/ 22-25 FPS on lowest.

spectatorx
12-29-2012, 05:44 PM
GTA IV now works fine with mos hardware, personally this game is not a problem to my hardware now. But ac3 is far from good performance....

@ Kellsa2005, if you will try to send a ticket to support probably you will get in 3rd or another response your hardware is not enough for this game and you have to upgrade your cpu and gpu :D But anyway... you should to sent to these @&*$@*& a ticket to support to let them know about your issues.

anidais
12-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Have the developers confirmed a patch for the frame rate issues or not? I know there will be a patch in early January to fix general game issues, but no mention of optimizations.

spectatorx
12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
There is no confirmation of patch fixing performance, only thing pc gamers know about it is "devs are aware", nothing more, nothing less.

anidais
12-29-2012, 05:55 PM
There is confirmation of patch fixing performance, only thing pc gamers know about it is "devs are aware", nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully "aware" means they are working on a fix.

spectatorx
12-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm aware of this they are aware, i'm aware of it since.... too long time.

Kellsa2005
12-29-2012, 06:19 PM
My sources tell me this is a problem with how the game utilizes the CPU and has nothing to do with GPU. So the problem is the game isn't running on all cores of my processor, hence the low fps. It's being bottlenecked.

I'm not sure if this is completely accurate, only what someone else told me.

Mr_Shade
12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi there,

If the latest Nvidia Drivers 310.70[with AC3 optimisations] have not helped - you can also try disabling SLI for the time being - you may well see an increase in FPS [since some users seem to have issues using multi GPU setups]

Nvidia are working to correct the driver issues, so you should continue to update drivers as soon as they are released.

abohamed
12-29-2012, 06:32 PM
hi there,

if the latest nvidia drivers 310.70[with ac3 optimisations] have not helped - you can also try disabling sli for the time being - you may well see an increase in fps [since some users seem to have issues using multi gpu setups]

nvidia are working to correct the driver issues, so you should continue to update drivers as soon as they are released.

....................... Amd go to hell !!!!!!!!!

Kellsa2005
12-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Hi there,

If the latest Nvidia Drivers 310.70[with AC3 optimisations] have not helped - you can also try disabling SLI for the time being - you may well see an increase in FPS [since some users seem to have issues using multi GPU setups]

Nvidia are working to correct the driver issues, so you should continue to update drivers as soon as they are released.

Hello Mr Shade, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, if you read all my post, I have tried disabling SLI and I get the same performance. I have the latest official 310.70 drivers.

If I turn down the settings to absolute minimum I get barely manageable performance, at least to the point I can play it. But I really find this unacceptable for a machine I have spent thousands of dollars on.

My only hope is that Ubisoft don't pull a DICE move and blame nvidia when it might actually be a problem on Ubisofts end.

I really, really hope the next set of drivers fix this issue. And it is a BIG issue for me.

Anykeyer
12-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Overclock your CPU :)

Kellsa2005
12-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Overclock your CPU :)

Seeing as how it isn't bottle necking in any way, no.

Plus, I have been doing research on this problem and people with much different setups, including people who have massively overclocked CPU's with the same GPU config, and still the same thing happens.

Anykeyer
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
What made you think CPU isnt a bottleneck? CPU that is enough for this game just does not exist yet...

iNvid22
12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
wait until the pc dev team have finished their new year celebrations, then wait a couple of weeks for them to fix the poor optimization (maybe, if we're lucky). if not this issue will go unresolved for another month or two where it could be included in another update.

new drivers wont have any significant impact. if you're willing to compromise right now, overclock your cpu/gpu and lower a lot of in game settings and you'll be able to get 60fps with random drops - its as good as its going to be without input from the devs

Kadotus84
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Phenom II X4 965BE, GeForce 660GTX 2GB and 8GB of DDR3. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit and 1920x1080 resolution, running assassin's creed 3 @ max settings, no performance issues anywhere in the game, always smooth and silky. Running the latest nvidia-drivers. Had no problems with the earlier drivers either.

Perk5
12-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow, when did this game come out? And it still hasn't been patched to correct the framerate issues? LOL!

Razrback16
12-31-2012, 03:24 AM
Phenom II X4 965BE, GeForce 660GTX 2GB and 8GB of DDR3. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit and 1920x1080 resolution, running assassin's creed 3 @ max settings, no performance issues anywhere in the game, always smooth and silky. Running the latest nvidia-drivers. Had no problems with the earlier drivers either.

Ya I have a similar setup and no issues here. Wish it would get figured out though for the folks who are having problems.

Vista 64-bit
ASRock 990FX Extreme4
Phenom II 955
GTX 680
16GB DDR3

I just upgraded my processor to an FX-8350 8-core, but haven't played AC3 with it yet. (In the process of re-playing all AC games, and currently on ACB, so I will try it out with the 8-core in a few weeks and see if things are even better, but the 955 BE seemed to handle AC3 just fine)