PDA

View Full Version : YES!!!!! Great news for ac3 that everyone needs to see!! No spoilers!

Wolfmeister1010
12-29-2012, 07:45 AM
My fellow assassins! Finally, some good news. Im pretty excited. After a few conversations and suggestions with ubisoft support, i discovered that not only is ANOTHER oatch coming out in january, but they have "adressed the issue............. Of ambient music!!!!!!!!! They have read and thought about our complaints and they are working to put back ambient music within a month. I still dont know whether the lack of music was on purpose or a bug, but no matter. The reason i am putting this up is because i am seeing more and more angry posts about the lack of ambient music every day. So.....there you have it. Not the most important thing ever, but it makes ME happy at least. Remember the music from the e3 boston demo? Thats what i hope they put in. I hope they also make a separate track for NY too.

So, ambient music will be put into the game within a month with a january scheduled patch, as said by ubisoft support. Have a good new year.

(this may be just me, but 2013 doesnt sound good to me. It doesnt roll off the tongue as well as 2012. Oh and that reminds me... We all survived the apocalypse! So... Thats good)

IronEagl3
12-29-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't have internet on my Xbox so I won't be able to patch it D: but when my father allows me I'll patch it and replay the whole game just to get a new feeling (hopefully a better one)

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 07:51 AM
I`m an Optimist...I`ll believe you..expect this thread; however, to be riddled with posts asking you for the conversation..

VitaminsXYZ
12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Please let this be true...

And yes, I would also like to see this conversation, or at least the part where they confirm it. I want to believe you so much.

TheSpong
12-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't believe this for one moment. I'd be overjoyed to be proven wrong, but the OP sounds waaaay too wishy-washy. Hoping they put specific music tracks in? It's not DLC, they won't be adding anything, merely fixing what was intended to be there in the first place and nothing more.

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah! Hope you are not joking though hehe.

AdrianJacek
12-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't really care. I kinda like both.

TheSpong
12-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Ubi would never "suggest" or hint at anything, they don't even acknowledge problems when you submit a ticket. If they acknowledge anything in respect of problems & bugs, they're effectively admitting culpability. The closest they come to admitting there's a problem is when one of their advocates here offers us an inconclusive "we're working on it" or if it appears in patch notes once it's solved.

ACfan443
12-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Please let this be true. I hope you're not making this up.

MT4K
12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
This is great if true... but as a PC gamer i'm still waiting for the last patch that stopped the dual pistols changing when fast traveling (Default outfit). Still i guess beggars can't be choosers....

Please sir. I'm sick. Could you spare some patches? *throws rock*

AjinkyaParuleka
12-29-2012, 12:38 PM
meh,Ubi are totally into Consoles,they are gonna release like,4 patch for console and 1 for PC.Even if they do make a PC patch hope they cover up FPS issues.Btw i can use two same guns on different outfits but in Assassin's Outfit that seems impossible.

pacmanate
12-29-2012, 01:12 PM
This is great if true... but as a PC gamer i'm still waiting for the last patch that stopped the dual pistols changing when fast traveling (Default outfit). Still i guess beggars can't be choosers....

Please sir. I'm sick. Could you spare some patches? *throws rock*

Thats what you get for being a PC gamer. And I don't really care either. I like the animal noises.

ACfan443
12-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Thats what you get for being a PC gamer. And I don't really care either. I like the animal noises.

You've the option to carry on enjoying the animal noises by turning off ambient music in the options menu.

pacmanate
12-29-2012, 02:39 PM
You've the option to carry on enjoying the animal noises by turning off ambient music in the options menu.

I'm not saying I prefer it, I am saying I don't care. If they change then I will keep it, its not a big deal to me.

montagemik
12-29-2012, 05:29 PM
meh,Ubi are totally into Consoles,they are gonna release like,4 patch for console and 1 for PC.Even if they do make a PC patch hope they cover up FPS issues.Btw i can use two same guns on different outfits but in Assassin's Outfit that seems impossible.

Probably because Console versions were released First - Console versions get the patches First .

PC Launched with patch 1.02 fixes - (which actually incorporates 1.01 & 1.02 ) so that's effectively 2 patches in 1 update for PC.

You shouldn't expect PC patches to be released on par with console patches - PC format was Ubisofts Secondary market for AC3 after the Console market ,
So console has the bugs / glitches fixed first = Then they'll get around to coding these patches to work for PC.

The guns glitch while wearing the Blue/white default Assassin outfit - Assassin outfits/colours from general stores works fine.
It seems to be the default Assassin outfit causing the 'Missing Quiver' glitch on other outfits too,
Before i unlocked the Default Assassin outfit My Native / 100 feathers outfit Used to include the Quiver on his back (but without decorative eagle feathers) -
As soon as i unlocked the Default Assassin outfit & put it on = My native outfit No longer has the Quiver attached .
(2 Different gamesave files - Both lose the Native outfit quiver once i unlock the Assassin outfit.)

Frank9182011
12-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Where did OP go?

And, of course, can we at least see your correspondence with Ubisoft?

ACfan443
12-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Where did OP go?

And, of course, can we at least see your correspondence with Ubisoft?

I agree, I'm going to remain sceptical until the next patch is released / evidence is given by the OP.

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:14 PM
I'am getting the feeling its not true...

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I have my doubts but I hope it's true. A source would be nice.

UncappedWheel82
12-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Is ambient music really that big of a deal?

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:57 PM
yes, it ads a LOT of atmosphere when just free-roaming. The world feels kinda empty without music.

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 09:02 PM

To me it is......

SkiesSeven
12-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Why would Ubisoft ONLY answer the OP when there is a 50+ page thread on the topic that hasn't received any acknowledgment?

Dosenwabe
12-29-2012, 10:53 PM
How I wish you wouldn't fool us. Hope you are right, that would be really great news!

pacmanate
12-30-2012, 12:29 AM

To some people, I personally didn't notice.

dewgel
12-30-2012, 12:59 AM
To some people, I personally didn't notice.

I don't think it's that big an issue to be fairly honest. I don't think AC3's setting deserves ambient music. It's not the same. The music suited AC2 because of the Renaissance period. The American Revolution is supposed to be grim, the Frontier is supposed to be quiet. The whole idea of the Frontier is that it's a peaceful area for hunting. Music would ruin the immersion of the hunting / exploring.

Although I would be interested to see what tracks they use, I'm fairly sure the OP is talking bull though. As stated before, Ubisoft would never hint or say "Yeah we've sorted it there's something coming in 2013", from a business point of view, they're admitting that their product was flawed and incomplete. Not a good move. They would never do it.

They would simply hear your thoughts, thank you for your feedback and that's it. End.

We can hope though! Like I said, interested to hear what they use if so.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't think it's that big an issue to be fairly honest. I don't think AC3's setting deserves ambient music. It's not the same. The music suited AC2 because of the Renaissance period. The American Revolution is supposed to be grim, the Frontier is supposed to be quiet. The whole idea of the Frontier is that it's a peaceful area for hunting. Music would ruin the immersion of the hunting / exploring.

Although I would be interested to see what tracks they use, I'm fairly sure the OP is talking bull though. As stated before, Ubisoft would never hint or say "Yeah we've sorted it there's something coming in 2013", from a business point of view, they're admitting that their product was flawed and incomplete. Not a good move. They would never do it.

They would simply hear your thoughts, thank you for your feedback and that's it. End.

I`m fairly sure the time of the crusades was not a "calm period" of Art and peace either. But we had Ambient music there AND we could turn it off....NOW we do not have a choice...Why the hell not ?? You don't think we deserve a choice ??

DELTA Kristian
12-30-2012, 01:07 AM
That we survived the apocalypse- AC4 coming 2014?! Desmond seems to be real... lets go find him in the temple! :)

DELTA Kristian
12-30-2012, 01:08 AM
I totatally agree...

ACfan443
12-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I`m fairly sure the time of the crusades was not a "calm period" of Art and peace either. But we had Ambient music there AND we could turn it off....NOW we do not have a choice...Why the hell not ?? You don't think we deserve a choice ??

This.
The time period should have no effect on whether you should use ambient music. Hell, it's the music which makes you feel like you're in the time period. And also, if you didn't like the music you would've had the options menu to suit your preference.

Wolfmeister1010
12-30-2012, 01:50 AM
wow, no one believes me.... so here is the copied response from ubi:

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in a future update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive in January."

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 01:55 AM
wow, no one believes me.... so here is the copied response from ubi:

"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in a future update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive in January."
I told you I believe you in my first post D:

Wolfmeister1010
12-30-2012, 01:58 AM

response from ubi

Wolfmeister1010
12-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Please let this be true...

And yes, I would also like to see this conversation, or at least the part where they confirm it. I want to believe you so much.

here is the response from ubi: "Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in a future update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive in January."

Dosenwabe
12-30-2012, 02:14 AM
At least it sounds like they're looking at it but I won't get excited yet. It's not clear if there will really be a change, just the possibility. And I think the whole lack of ambient music problem is just about the two cities. At least for me. I never wanted music for the frontier. It has to stay silent but music can be turned off anyway.

SkiesSeven
12-30-2012, 03:03 AM
here is the response from ubi: "Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in a future update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive in January."

This is a standard reply from Ubisoft support. Probably automated too. Nowhere in that response does Ubisoft even mention the words 'ambient' or 'music'. About the only new info you've received is to do with a January patch (which is expected). There was no point in getting our hopes up by saying:

So, ambient music will be put into the game within a month with a january scheduled patch, as said by ubisoft support.

Notice Ubisoft's words: "IF any changes are made...".

rileypoole1234
12-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Sweet.

poptartz20
12-30-2012, 07:54 AM

I must say I agree... I kinda like the fact of no music. And just the sounds of nature. It gives a more realistic feel maybe? I don't know but it would be interesting to see as long as I could turn it off and on.

dewgel
12-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Personally, I think Boston deserves the "ambient" music, or some sort of track. To give it a better feel, but the Frontier doesn't need it. It wouldn't suit the "nature" feel it's supposed to give.

I don't get it mind, the E3 demo's had music behind them. The Boston one was a little soft guitar strum and the Frontier was the theme you hear from Fort Wolcott.

Boston ambient music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvv2-uQBJ8 , looping the starting bits softly

Dosenwabe
12-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Personally, I think Boston deserves the "ambient" music, or some sort of track. To give it a better feel, but the Frontier doesn't need it. It wouldn't suit the "nature" feel it's supposed to give. I don't get it mind, the E3 demo's had music behind them. The Boston one was a little soft guitar strum and the Frontier was the theme you hear from Fort Wolcott. Boston ambient music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvv2-uQBJ8 , looping the starting bits softly You mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-djc0YCawc It's all in the game but only in missions

lothario-da-be
12-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Maybe Lorne baffle was more expensive then Jesper and they had no money for music left.

dewgel
12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
You mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-djc0YCawc It's all in the game but only in missions

You are aware you basically linked the same track, slightly differed lol

Dosenwabe
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
You are aware you basically linked the same track, slightly differed lol Yes? This is the slowly looping ambient version you were talking about.

HellSniper666
12-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Thats great news, But what about us huge Altair Fans? They need to redo Altair's Outfit in this game. It is terrible.

Dosenwabe
12-30-2012, 11:02 PM
The Boston music reminds me a lot of the Illusive Man's theme from Mass Effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBLOvSb56Vc

ACfan443
12-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Personally, I think Boston deserves the "ambient" music, or some sort of track. To give it a better feel, but the Frontier doesn't need it. It wouldn't suit the "nature" feel it's supposed to give.

I don't get it mind, the E3 demo's had music behind them. The Boston one was a little soft guitar strum and the Frontier was the theme you hear from Fort Wolcott.

Boston ambient music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMvv2-uQBJ8 , looping the starting bits softly

The Boston ambient music in the E3 demo was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltK9T-2EE8

dewgel
12-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Thats great news, But what about us huge Altair Fans? They need to redo Altair's Outfit in this game. It is terrible.

I've got a really weird idea, which might shock you. Grab your AC1 disc and put that in the tray. This isn't AC1. This is AC3. The outfit is done. They will not waist resources on re-modelling a high-res model they've already went to the trouble to make. It's not as simple as just doing it overnight.

exkrima
12-31-2012, 04:15 AM
ambient music is not a big deal to me, but i still remember how lively it is when you free run, I remember in AC2/ACB, when there is time trial free run like in the contest and then Venice rooftops plays, it adds more feeling in the game, (now that i think of it why did they not add time trial free run in trees here, i was expecting it with a couple of mohawks tribe race contest after hide and seek, if they add a side mission of deliver letter they should have add time trial free run, much more sense than just press e start mission and deliver and press e interact) there is also a Tree Climbing in AC3 while connor is still a teenager and there is also a music there where like a tribal music, which add the feeling like you are part of the tribe. but only in that part.

BATISTABUS
12-31-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. Also, if you guys really don't want ambient music...just turn it off.

MT4K
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
I'll just say that people should still take this with a grain of salt until some official info is posted :p. Don't want people getting disappointed if it turns out false.

HellSniper666
12-31-2012, 10:50 PM
I've got a really weird idea, which might shock you. Grab your AC1 disc and put that in the tray. This isn't AC1. This is AC3. The outfit is done. They will not waist resources on re-modelling a high-res model they've already went to the trouble to make. It's not as simple as just doing it overnight.
Wow, You seem really upset........ LMAO

pacmanate
12-31-2012, 11:14 PM
They had 3 years to redesign Altairs outfit. It wasn't like they had to redesign it from scratch again. They already know what it had to look like. They made the outfit look like it had been laminated, then glued his robe to his foot. That is LAZY.

ACfan443
12-31-2012, 11:23 PM
They had 3 years to redesign Altairs outfit. It wasn't like they had to redesign it from scratch again. They already know what it had to look like. They made the outfit look like it had been laminated, then glued his robe to his foot. That is LAZY.

Very true, It's even more absurd considering it's supposed to be a reward for achieving 100% sync

HellSniper666
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Very true, It's even more absurd considering it's supposed to be a reward for achieving 100% syncTrue, That outfit needs to be updated

montagemik
01-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Maybe Lorne baffle was more expensive then Jesper and they had no money for music left.

Why are you permitted a SIG picture 640 x 354 ?? I Didn't realise we could have WALLPAPERS as a sig . :p