PDA

View Full Version : If the Animus existed in reality.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Just think about it!Animus in real life.How fun that would be,we would be able to see our ancestor's memory through his/her eyes..compete with other players if such a mode existed.I wish some scientist invents an Animus by 2040 or something.What would you want your ancestor to be?I did like him/her to be one of hashashin.Some guy in the Red Indian tribe,one of the participants in Indian Freedom(which i probably would play as my great grand dad or grand dad).Pfft its going to be costly once it is made IRL.

Bashilir
12-28-2012, 10:34 PM
My ancestor who was in the Cave Man times. Maybe I'll learn their language..

MT4K
12-28-2012, 10:41 PM
If such a thing was real it would be incredibly dull and boring for a majority of people. Not everybody has awesome assassin or hitman or famous or any other interesting ancestors.

solarhalfbreed
12-29-2012, 12:24 AM
I wish an Animus existed but until that happens, I'd recommend researching your family tree.
The furthest I've managed to date back to on my family tree is the middle 1500's. I've got ancestors who I can't seem to find any more information on so I'd love to find out more about them through the Animus if it was real.

exkrima
12-29-2012, 03:55 AM
^it would be awesome to find the truth about our history , we may not have the same ancestor as desmond, but you will learn many things as long as you jump to the animus and of course don't die or gone crazy as daniel cross. particularly i want to travel in jerusalem for a particular reason. but my ancestral tree i guess its impossible.

cmrggamer
12-29-2012, 04:58 AM
I was going to say the same thing as MT4K, most people would probably not find it that interesting...but upon reading more of the comments I have to admit that I would probably still love to experience a different time in history, in a different part of the world.
It could also hypothetically provide a more accurate depiction of history, considering the winner writes history, and the Animus might provide the other side of the same coin, which would be interesting.

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I traced my family tree back to the 1400, and my Scottish Ancestor was the King Of Scotland :S When I traced back my roots completely to the 1100AD, my ancestor was an Hashashin, so I guess it would be cool going into the Animus and checking out those time frames.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I have Ancestors on my Mother`s side who were from Salamiyah and Masyaf in Syria :rolleyes:

I`m serious.....

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I have Ancestors on my Mother`s side who were from Salamiyah and Masyaf in Syria :rolleyes:

I`m serious.....

The Hashashin's were primarily based in Masyaf haha!

MohMurad
12-29-2012, 10:22 PM
I traced my family tree back to the 1400, and my Scottish Ancestor was the King Of Scotland :S When I traced back my roots completely to the 1100AD, my ancestor was an Hashashin, so I guess it would be cool going into the Animus and checking out those time frames.

How do you trace family trees anyway? I know how to make one, but not trace one.

If I could go in an Animus to one of my ancestors hundreds of years ago, I'd still find it interesting to see how it was like in those times. But when you die, you respawn right?

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 10:27 PM
The Hashashin's were primarily based in Masyaf haha!
I know:p

Their main base was in Iran, though...

MT4K
12-29-2012, 10:37 PM
But when you die, you respawn right?

You desyncronise :rolleyes:.

solarhalfbreed
12-29-2012, 11:50 PM
How do you trace family trees anyway? I know how to make one, but not trace one.

If I could go in an Animus to one of my ancestors hundreds of years ago, I'd still find it interesting to see how it was like in those times. But when you die, you respawn right?

A lot of census records are uploaded online. I'd recommend joining a few ancestry tracing sites. I had a lot of family records based in a lot of different countries so I found this real helpful. And the obvious best starting point is to start asking your oldest living relatives the names of so and so and what they did etc. That's how I began anyway. :)
I downloaded a nice free family tree building program from www.myheritage.com.

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 03:34 AM

Go to a family tree website and imput your details from your father's side, then see. Then type in details from your mother's side, and you'll see it further back.

If your ancestor dies like he did back then, all it would do is end the session and you would just get up and walk away.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-30-2012, 08:27 AM

Masyaf was an fortress of Hashashins.Alamut was their main base in Iran.I am so mad at mongols why did they have to destroy their books?!?!By the way I don't think the Hashashin vanished in 14th century AD they must have disappeared from history records...I am kinda believing they still exist.

Assassin_M
12-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Masyaf was an fortress of Hashashins.Alamut was their main base in Iran.I am so mad at mongols why did they have to destroy their books?!?!By the way I don't think the Hashashin vanished in 14th century AD they must have disappeared from history records...I am kinda believing they still exist.
13th Century actually and yes...extremely stupid of the Mongols to burn their Libraries. Just imagine..all that knowledge and History..gone. just like that. We could`v learned their Ideologies, their leaders, their inner works, their plans....Thousands of pages of so much knowledge -_-

Their Descendants still exist (Obviously:p) I`m not sure about the Order it self, though...The final traces of them were during Babiers` reign. he used them as Mercenaries and when he died, some of them left for Hungary and most went back to Persia, Syria and the Levant..

AjinkyaParuleka
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
13th Century actually and yes...extremely stupid of the Mongols to burn their Libraries. Just imagine..all that knowledge and History..gone. just like that. We could`v learned their Ideologies, their leaders, their inner works, their plans....Thousands of pages of so much knowledge -_-

Their Descendants still exist (Obviously:p) I`m not sure about the Order it self, though...The final traces of them were during Babiers` reign. he used them as Mercenaries and when he died, some of them left for Hungary and most went back to Persia, Syria and the Levant..
Maybe the guy leaving next to your apartment is an assassin?Who knows lol.
Also anyone can help me trace my family tree?myheritage.com needs some info one can't dig out that easily.

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Maybe I am a Descendant of Alta´r then ;D

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Yeah, but back then, for the Mongols, it was a smart move. Some Hashashins actually still exist in Europe, the U.K and the U.S..

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Has anyone else got a major craving for Assassin's Creed I now?

AjinkyaParuleka
12-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah, but back then, for the Mongols, it was a smart move. Some Hashashins actually still exist in Europe, the U.K and the U.S..
Can you tell how that was a smart move by burning thousand pages of knowledge?

xboxauditore
01-01-2013, 12:25 AM
The Hashashins are in the U.K? Suddenly I actually care about being British.

AntiChrist7
01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
if the animus existed in real life....

It wouldnt work, cause memories are stored in the brain, and not the dna (so your memories die when you die)