PDA

View Full Version : Have any of the AC Devs responded yet?

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Has anyone seen anything where the devs respond to any of the criticism from AC:III? I'm curious to hear what they think of all the backlash.

Thx

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 05:31 PM
They should just ignore it cause most of the critic is nonsense. I'm glad that the game sold so well.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 05:32 PM
They usually come out for interviews / pod casts so we can get more info. Regardless of how well it sold, it doesn't make it flawless.

ProletariatPleb
12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
They should just ignore it cause most of the critic is nonsense. I'm glad that the game sold so well.
CoD sells well too...

ACfan443
12-28-2012, 05:35 PM
They've been doing Q&As on Reddit and Kotaku, and have responded to some stuff

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I hate reddit, I can't seem to follow wtf is going on that site. I know i know, lame lol.

Thanks though, I'll see if I can find things on there.

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 05:44 PM
The negative community reaction is unfair and nearly complete nonsense as I said. I have no clue where this disappointment is coming from. The high sales are totally deserved.

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 05:47 PM
The Reddit Q&A was great! They answered many questions about the story and historical backgrounds, and it was a nice positive atmosphere.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Curious, why do you think the negative reaction is unfair?

You can't imply that everyone who bought the game was satisfied since you don't know if you like it til you play.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
The Reddit Q&A was great! They answered many questions about the story and historical backgrounds, and it was a nice positive atmosphere.

Do you have a link to that?

ProletariatPleb
12-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Do you have a link to that?
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134w2f/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iii_ask_me/?sort=top

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134w2f/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iii_ask_me/?sort=top

Awesome, thanks yo!

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 06:02 PM
@zerocool: Instead of appreciating the historical accuracy, the atmosphere, the music or the things this "game" teaches us about history, life, morality and human nature, people just complain about glitches, bad gameplay (wtf?), bad story (yeah... serious people **** YOU!) or unimportant technical crap and forget about the rest . I don't want to go into detail cause it makes me sick.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Yah I'm with you on the overboard reactions but you can't discredit other views just because it differs from yours. I'm sorry but I don't see why you think it was unfair, can you elaborate more?

Sushiglutton
12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Not to my knowledge (besides the reddit chat posted above). They obv don't have any obligation to say anything, BUT I'm super curious to hear what they think :). Especially about the lack of focus and that the core mechanics are still so weak. I'm also curious why they decided to make the campaign so restriced. Just want to hear the thought process behind developing these things the way they did.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Not to my knowledge (besides the reddit chat posted above). They obv don't have any obligation to say anything, BUT I'm super curious to hear what they think :). Especially about the lack of focus and that the core mechanics are still so weak. I'm also curious why they decided to make the campaign so restriced. Just want to hear the thought process behind developing these things the way they did.

+1, thas what I'm looking for :D

ACfan443
12-28-2012, 06:22 PM

They answered the same boring and generic questions. Over and over.
Also calling the negative community reaction "complete nonsense" is complete nonsense in itself. Yes there were some stupid complaints, but disregarding those, there were actually some very valid and credible points which the devs should totally take into account. You can't sugarcoat something and pass it off as faultless and amazing. Because AC3 wasn't faultless.

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Yah I'm with you on the overboard reactions but you can't discredit other views just because it differs from yours. I'm sorry but I don't see why you think it was unfair, can you elaborate more? No I can't cause most of the complains doesn't make any sense to me, I don't know where they are coming from, it's like I played a completely other game.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
They answered the same boring and generic questions. Over and over..

You think its worth reading then?

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 06:30 PM
No I can't cause most of the complains doesn't make any sense to me, I don't know where they are coming from, it's like I played a completely other game.

Fair enough. I would try and see things from others point of view, it might help. If you have specific complaints you don't get I can try an help you see their side.

dewgel
12-28-2012, 06:31 PM
I thought the Reddit was a really awesome Q&A, they were very honest. Yeah it's worth reading.

Hutch himself admits that he wishes they had a few more months to flush out bugs and stuff. Obviously stuff like that isn't their choice, it's Ubisoft's marketing / CEO who need shouted at for being so eager. They released it earlier than normal which Hutch was happy with. They sort of had to release it on Oct 30/31st to coincide with the in-game dates they worked hard to set up (To give the Desmond missions a real feel of timeline to them)

I agree by the way, I don't understand where all the criticism is. I played it start to finish with minor bugs, rarely had any FPS drop and if I did it was in New York when it was crazy populated. The game was awesome.

zerocooll21
12-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Cool, thanks bud. Reading now :D

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 06:45 PM
They answered the same boring and generic questions. Over and over. Also calling the negative community reaction "complete nonsense" is complete nonsense in itself. Yes there were some stupid complaints, but disregarding those, there were actually some very valid and credible points which the devs should totally take into account. You can't sugarcoat something and pass it off as faultless and amazing. Because AC3 wasn't faultless. I'm not sugarcoating anything, just saying that this always cynical, negative reaction is unfair and not objective, and it overshadows everything else. It's always the same. People feel superior when being cynical and complaining, instead of just enjoying. Just don't talk everything bad when it's in fact just a ridiculous flaw that can be lived with

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Fair enough. I would try and see things from others point of view, it might help. If you have specific complaints you don't get I can try an help you see their side. Thank you. :) But I don't want to possibly ruin the game for me, I'll just try to stay out of all discussions about this. At least for now.

AdrianJacek
12-28-2012, 07:17 PM
@zerocool: Instead of appreciating the historical accuracy, the atmosphere, the music or the things this "game" teaches us about history, life, morality and human nature, people just complain about glitches, bad gameplay (wtf?), bad story (yeah... serious people **** YOU!) or unimportant technical crap and forget about the rest . I don't want to go into detail cause it makes me sick.

People actually complain about the story? Oh my ****ing God... Seriously? Hey! Hey people! The story is a O-****ing-K. And even more than that. It's amazing.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
People don't understand Connor,the story of ACIII,and what i read from the above post, bad gameplay(they must be corrupt game reviewers) and mostly this series is the only series which is historically accurate except where and how Charles Lee died.I feel like this game deserves Best Story,Best Character and GotY

ProletariatPleb
12-28-2012, 11:15 PM
You're telling me you don't want me to care about the gameplay in a game? :mad:

UrDeviant1
12-28-2012, 11:45 PM

Are you for real? yes this was a good game...but to think Ubisoft should just Ignore valid complaints Is down right ignorant. How are the games supposed to get better If everyone has the same attitude as you? "mmmm the game is perfect in every way, please don't don't change a thing, ubisoft".

I love the AC series but am under no illusions that there are things that NEED to be improved upon. You know, you can still like the series but have critical things to say about it?

Elite_scam
12-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Are you for real? yes this was a good game...but to think Ubisoft should just Ignore valid complaints Is down right ignorant. How are the games supposed to get better If everyone has the same attitude as you? "mmmm the game is perfect in every way, please don't don't change a thing, ubisoft".

I love the AC series but am under no illusions that there are things that NEED to be improved upon. You know, you can still like the series but have critical things to say about it?
The fact that hè doesn't want to take part in discussions with critical thinkers says enough don't ya think?

zerocooll21
12-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Lets keep civil guys/gals. Proper discussion is one without ripping each other. Keep it cool calm collective :p

I have to agree with the above, with no disrespect to you AirPrince but your thinking is on par with a ostrich with its head in the sand.

Dosenwabe
12-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Writing with the PS3 browser that I use is a pain. @UrDeviant1: I want the games to get better, but I'll just say Ubi should keep the way of evolving the series they took with AC3. They did a great job. And they haven't promised too much. When I played the game first, I enjoyed any bit of it. I loved learning about all these historic events and person, the story made me think about right and wrong, the whole world looks incredible beautiful and atmospheric, etc. After finishing it, I was blown away. It was AC like I always loved it, like it ever was. I had HUGE expectations and was not disappointed. I avoided reading or hearing other opinions until I finished it, but I knew even before release that there will be much complaining cause that's just how people are. And I can't comprehend most of the critic, as expected. I'm not putting my head in the sand or whatever, I just didn't see those bad things people are talking about in my playthrough, as I enjoyed the game nearly 100%.

Dosenwabe
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
@sidspyker: The gameplay in AC isn't really that important. It has to work ,to drive the story further. And that is done very well like always in AC. The combat is like always, but there are some more options and all is more fluid, as is the navigation. Tree running is in and works as promised and is much fun. But it's still AC as it was ever, only a bit more polished. And it still works, I see no reason to complain here too.

Gi1t
12-29-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm not sugarcoating anything, just saying that this always cynical, negative reaction is unfair and not objective, and it overshadows everything else. It's always the same. People feel superior when being cynical and complaining, instead of just enjoying. Just don't talk everything bad when it's in fact just a ridiculous flaw that can be lived with

The thing with criticism is that a lot of people see it as something that's universally 'right' and they think the more harsh it is, the more likely people are to understand it, and I think that's a complete load, personally. The kind of criticism that doesn't belong is criticism for the sake of criticism; criticism that has no positive aspect to it whatsoever. People who think fans of something they don't like are just airheads with no taste probably aren't being honest with themselves about the games THEY like. You can't enjoy a game if you're sitting there obsessing over flaws, obviously, so you ignore them and focus on what's good. That's normal, that's how you enjoy something. XD It doesn't mean they aren't aware that the game needs improvement. They just don't want the experience ruined by getting focused on problems that are normally overshadowed by qualities they appreciate.

I DO think the series has problems these days, but I don't think it's any help to offer criticism if you haven't got any solutions. If you can't break down the problems you're having into good and bad components then I can't see the developers learning anything from your complaint. Saying the gameplay is 'bad' has very little meaning. Saying it's too scripted or something like that is far more helpful, and tossing pointless detrimental phrases into your complaint doesn't add punctuation to your argument or make it resonate more. All it really does is muddy it up and make readers who disagree feel defensive and not want to think about your point. (Because they're focused on your insults instead, which is actually an entirely different subject.)

ProletariatPleb
12-29-2012, 04:10 AM
@sidspyker: The gameplay in AC isn't really that important. It has to work ,to drive the story further. And that is done very well like always in AC. The combat is like always, but there are some more options and all is more fluid, as is the navigation. Tree running is in and works as promised and is much fun. But it's still AC as it was ever, only a bit more polished. And it still works, I see no reason to complain here too.
It's hardly Polished... and no I don't remember AC being about running a community, it's ASSASSIN'S CREED, and there are hardly any assassinations in the game.

Two steps forward, three backwards.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 05:36 AM
The Devs only respond to Praise and barbecue...

zerocooll21
12-29-2012, 05:39 AM
mmmmm bbq