PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

jtburnett
12-28-2012, 03:50 PM
2 Questions.

(1- Rhetorical) Why are there UBI websites spread out everywhere? One for Support. One for Forums. One for purchases. One for buying credits. One for account management. Probably more I haven't discovered yet. Wouldn't it make more sense to have all this on one website? Ignorant User thought, I suppose.

(2) Is there any way to see what you have installed extra, such as DLC's, add on packs, etc?

(Another rhetorical) Shouldn't a PDF User Guide be part of the package? A game of this scope with NO instruction manual of any kind? Really? The downloadable 'manual', as they call it, is nothing more than a keyboard short-cut sheet. Unbelievable.

Thanks

HitchSlapped
10-18-2014, 08:37 AM
I couldn't agree with you more regarding a user manual. I just started playing Black Flag and have never played an Assassin's Creed game before. If I can't find a user manual or something similar which explains how the game works, and what sync points are and why I should use them, etc, then I'm not sure I'll every play this game. I don't want to go through part of the game, just to learn how to use it! All the youtube walkthroughs I've seen so far don't explain much - they just run through the first part of the game as quickly as possible, with no explanation of whether or not I should get all the treasure, whether I should kill the wildlife, what the sync points are for, whether I should get shanties, etc. I can't believe there is no user manual for a game like this. Unbelievable.

Did you ever figure out where to get all this info? Do I need to resort to spending another $20 or more to get one of those "Prima" guides, just to play this game?

AherasSTRG
10-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Chill, guys and let us get all the answers to your questions:

1. (Although it was a rhetorical question) Ubisoft consists of more than 30 studios and therefore division of labor between different people is highly necessary. This practise sometimes results in the use of different platforms (eg websites) in order for it to work correctly.

2. There is a way to check which DLCs you own. While in the Uplay's starting page, click "Games" on the upper left corner. Click on the game whose DLCs you are interested in and then click "DLC" from the catalogue on the left. A list of DLCs will appear and the ones you own will appear "ticked" and they will read "Owned"

(3 I guess?) In Assassin's Creed games, there is always a manual in the Database section of the pause menu. Simply press the Escape Button, go to Database, find the e-manual choice and click on it.
In the beginning of every Assassin's Creed game, there is an extensive tutorial covering around 20% of the game's whole length. Hints also appear on the screen constantly reminding you of what can be done in each situation. In case you have missed what the tutorial says about the Synchronisation Points or any other thing, do not hesitate to ask here in the forums. The PC section of these forums is mostly dead or deals with technical issues for the games, so the Console Section is your best bet.

As far as the Synchronisation Points are concerned, then, in Black Flag:
1. All Sync Points can be used as Fast Travel Stations for Edward.
2. In some cases, Sync Points reveal collectibles and activities around them.
3. They are a fun navigation puzzle, that helps you get better acquianted (is that the word?) with the game's climbing and parkour mechanics and
3. They are cool and an essential part of the series' identity.

HitchSlapped
10-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you! I found the e-manual in the game and that helped a lot too. I've never played a game where the tutorial was so extensive and part of the main plot. I finished the first part last night and am just starting in Havana next. I think I killed 15 pigs before I realized they just keep respawning. Lol

i could not find the Jaguar anywhere. I marked it on the map and went to where the distance was reduced to zero, but I was just standing on a platform. Also, I could not figure out how to get up to the monkey.

I'm glad to hear that I can go back to the viewpoints quickly later in case I need more animal parts, or whatever.

strigoi1958
10-18-2014, 09:05 PM
the jaguar will appear somewhere nearby not the exact location and the monkey you will gain a method to shoot later in the game (if I remember correctly) and it falls to the floor :D

And yes initially entering the series late it is a little bit tricky but as you get used to it, the game(s) evolve and your enjoyment increases immensely. I've played them all and there are still parts I don't understand (or use) such as replaying memories from the menu to get 100% (I'm not good enough to get 100%) but the game is epic and definitely worth the initial effort.

HitchSlapped
10-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the tips about the animals. I will be patient and maybe come back there later.

Normally, I'm a 100% "completionist" but for this game, I may relax my urges and just try to get through with as much treasure as I can get, and try to find all the secrets. I love that a click of the right front button on the controller brings up how much I have completed for the current location.