PDA

View Full Version : An AC game set in the First Civ era: how awesome would it be?

ThiagoRichter
12-28-2012, 02:01 PM
I am currently replaying AC III and I love the idea thrown in during a dialogue with Shaun of a game set in the First Civ era. I really do hope we get to see it, at least in part, as it would be a great way of immersing us even further in the game's mythology and would help to build a stronger sense of understanding of it.

I do think that it would have to be done with extreme care to prevent losing the whole historic part of AC games, so maybe something like 50/50 First Civ/other historical period would be a safer bet.

Thoughts? :D

Dosenwabe
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
No, I hope this never happens. I want real history, that's why I play this, not some overly unrealistic fantasy/Scifi setting that is completely made up. Would be a wasted year if this releases. edit: Maybe in some flashback episodes like Altairs parts in Revelations.

dewgel
12-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I am currently replaying AC III and I love the idea thrown in during a dialogue with Shaun of a game set in the First Civ era. I really do hope we get to see it, at least in part, as it would be a great way of immersing us even further in the game's mythology and would help to build a stronger sense of understanding of it.

I do think that it would have to be done with extreme care to prevent losing the whole historic part of AC games, so maybe something like 50/50 First Civ/other historical period would be a safer bet.

Thoughts? :D

I just wish Shaun was a real person and he was in charge at Ubisoft Montreal. In ACII he makes another mention about hopping in the Animus during Desmond's break, but Desmond hesitates and says Lucy probably wouldn't want them messing around haha.

But yeah, his mention in ACIII and Desmond agreeing was quite a nice touch. I hope we get at least something from their days. Possibly even following Adam / Eve and their escape. It would be interesting to see the initial founding of the Assassin order, would it not?

Dejan507
12-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I think it would be amazing, as long as the main story would include numerous myths and legends we have, and show them for what they really were.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 04:36 PM
The reason why AC still runs:Shaun.

AdrianJacek
12-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah... I dunno. If something they will probably give us few memories similar to Cristina and Altair in ACR.

EaglePrince25
12-28-2012, 05:13 PM
No i'm good. At most, i'd only ever want some flashback memories to Adam, similar to Altair's from Revelations.

Sushiglutton
12-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Here's the thing. Tons and tons of games do sci-fi. AC is like the only franchise to do history in the way it does. Therefor I don't hink it will happen. And that's a good thing imo :)

ze_topazio
12-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I play AC because of the more or less faithful reproduction of real cities in historical time periods and the historical events and characters, an AC set in a completely fictional setting would not really be my thing.

zzmorg82
12-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Here's the thing. Tons and tons of games do sci-fi. AC is like the only franchise to do history in the way it does. Therefor I don't hink it will happen. And that's a good thing imo :)

This.

the_atm
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
No, I hope this never happens. I want real history, that's why I play this, not some overly unrealistic fantasy/Scifi setting that is completely made up. Would be a wasted year if this releases. edit: Maybe in some flashback episodes like Altairs parts in Revelations.

I 100% agree with you, it would be cool to see but not a whole game out of it.

ThiagoRichter
12-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, like I said here before, I agree with you guys, the historical part is absolutely crucial to the series, hence me loving AC II more than all others, but I would definitely be interested in learning more from that age by experiencing it through gameplay. I wouldn't exactly want them to be like the Christina Missions, for I thought they were very short, but something like 25-30% of an instalment would be great. Specially if it all referred to a 'realistic' ancient civilisations, such as the egyptians, mayans, mesopothamian or whatnot, in which the game would be majorly settled in.

Kaschra
12-28-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think a whole game about the First Civ will happen, but I think something like the Altair memories in ACR is possible.
And I really want to learn more about the First Civ and Adam and Eve.

lothario-da-be
12-28-2012, 06:48 PM
It would be cool if in the next ac they have to search for Juno's weaknesses in the first civ era. But just short parts like 5 parts of 20 minutes. Just to learn more about the first civ.

stkarim13
12-28-2012, 06:48 PM
I just wish Shaun was a real person and he was in charge at Ubisoft Montreal. In ACII he makes another mention about hopping in the Animus during Desmond's break, but Desmond hesitates and says Lucy probably wouldn't want them messing around haha.

But yeah, his mention in ACIII and Desmond agreeing was quite a nice touch. I hope we get at least something from their days. Possibly even following Adam / Eve and their escape. It would be interesting to see the initial founding of the Assassin order, would it not?

He is a real person, but his real name is Danny Wallace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVcR_5Y294M

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
he is a real person, but his real name is danny wallace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvcr_5y294m
oh ****!!! Did i just see shaun?!?!no way he can exist!

Megas_Doux
12-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I would say a BIG NO!!!!!
I love the historic part of this franchise, explore "exotic" settings and relevant characters!

burtie80
12-29-2012, 03:55 AM
I would like to go back to see this but only in small doses throughout the main game. AC is meant to be historical not pure science fiction, if it were it would be like any other game on the market.

One thing I would love to see is that city from the truth video with adam and eve, the small glimpse we gt was awesome and it looked really interesting, however I was really disappointed when we finally got to the temple in AC3 and it turned out to look like a concrete minimal building like something you would find in a home design magazine

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:16 PM
I would like to go back to see this but only in small doses throughout the main game. AC is meant to be historical not pure science fiction, if it were it would be like any other game on the market.

One thing I would love to see is that city from the truth video with adam and eve, the small glimpse we gt was awesome and it looked really interesting, however I was really disappointed when we finally got to the temple in AC3 and it turned out to look like a concrete minimal building like something you would find in a home design magazine
There was an apocalypse, how would New York look afther one?