PDA

View Full Version : lumberer homestead mission the fight

Z-Love
12-28-2012, 08:25 AM
i have never ever in my life thought the need to complain about a ****ty mini game ever before. but i came here to say that this break up the fight using wasd and the direction keypad is the single worst way i have ever encountered a mini game. apsolutly god awful. sorry. but its ****.and you should hit whom ever designed it in the nads. with a keyboard.

LadyPatricia
01-10-2013, 06:12 AM
i have never ever in my life thought the need to complain about a ****ty mini game ever before. but i came here to say that this break up the fight using wasd and the direction keypad is the single worst way i have ever encountered a mini game. apsolutly god awful. sorry. but its ****.and you should hit whom ever designed it in the nads. with a keyboard.

I totally agree. It is impossible with keyboard. Totally pointless and ruins the game.

Anykeyer
01-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Its really easy with KB once you get what game actually wants from you. You just need to keep key tips above moving colored marks. Move left one with A/D (W/S are in the controls tip but you dont have to use them at all) and right one with left/right arrows

binglis
01-10-2013, 07:12 AM
I just started this mission as well about 5 minutes ago and I could not for the life of me break up the fight, very annoying.

Razrback16
01-10-2013, 05:13 PM
That's a painful mission (and not fun at all), no doubt.

guardian_titan
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I ended up spending quite a bit of time on this mission as well. Went hunting around the internet for tips on how to do it and made it really easy. Bit of a no brainer once you figure it out. :p Just wish it was explained better in the game. Rather confusing with the 4 keys shown on both sides and you only need 2 of them.

Assuming playing on the PC (no idea what the console keys are):
The ONLY keys you press are A and the right arrow key. You really have no need to press any other key. To begin, just focus on the one side such as left. Then focus on the other after you get the first side to the far edge of the screen. You know when to hit the key when you see a flashing arrow on it. It flashes for a second or two, disappears, and reappears a few seconds after. So be aware of that. If you press the button at the wrong time or hit the wrong button (such as W or up), then the bar might skip past your "key barrier" and head back to the middle resulting in you starting over.

For example:
You want to focus on the left side first. So you only want to hit A. When the A key on the bar gets a little arrow on the left side, hit A. Don't hit any other key and only hit A when the flashing arrow is shown. Repeat this on the right side with the right arrow key.

If you focus on both sides and try to hit every key, of course you won't get it. Our brains aren't wired that way. Try rubbing your belly in a circular motion and tapping your head at the same time. You might be able to do it for a few seconds before you start to screw up. Throw in hopping on one foot and whistle a song and you certainly won't be able to coordinate yourself for very long. Trick to this is focus on one side first, get that one to the outer edge, then focus on the other. As long as you time the key press right, the little bar won't head back to the middle.

I think many of us over complicate this mission. It's actually really simple once you figure it out.

Ferrith
01-10-2013, 11:04 PM
That's a painful mission (and not fun at all), no doubt.

For some reason Ubisoft thought that including the concept of Witcher 2 mini-games would be a good idea. I bet no one told them we found Witcher 2 mini-games annoying as hell.

nekitbro1234567
01-10-2013, 11:33 PM

No offense, but cmon play with a controller.. this game isnt rly meant for keyboard. Even so it was a little tricky.. you just gotta get "your" bars behind "their" bars and like a pair of hands intercepting a fight gently push outward. Baby steps. tap.. tap.. tap

Anykeyer
01-11-2013, 06:41 AM
For some reason Ubisoft thought that including the concept of Witcher 2 mini-games would be a good idea. I bet no one told them we found Witcher 2 mini-games annoying as hell.

I hate minigames in this game. I wasted more than 1h to beat that fat innkeeper in his game to get achievement. This game he plays... it resembles tic-tac-toe because there is no way to lose if you dont make mistakes (unlike more complex games like chess). Problem is - Expert AI almost never makes any mistakes, it plays nearly perfect..

Ferrith
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I hate minigames in this game. I wasted more than 1h to beat that fat innkeeper in his game to get achievement. This game he plays... it resembles tic-tac-toe because there is no way to lose if you dont make mistakes (unlike more complex games like chess). Problem is - Expert AI almost never makes any mistakes, it plays nearly perfect..
I hate them too. After a few tries I gave up. Besides, I don't care much about achievements, it is not what makes my game entertaining.