PDA

View Full Version : Would this work for the AC game series?

the_atm
12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
So I'm not sure how the "spartan ops" works in halo but would that kinda work in AC? Here's my idea.

Every week Ubisoft gives us a new assassination mission. now these missions aren't simple like the contacts now where it's "kill the target". It could open with a cut-scene of someone telling you that a Templar is beginning to take to much power or something like that and that you need to... "relieve" them of that power. You would than begin with your investigation that would be very reminiscent of the investigations of AC1. You would get way points to your investigation types, eavesdrop, pickpocket, and when that is done you may than proceed with the assassination.

The Templar will obviously not be high ranking officials, but small people who had no place in history. they could be both patriot and loyalist sided but all have one thing in common that Connor would uncover while going through the series.

Each assassination would take place in different places, small marketplaces and all the way up to forts in the frontier.

Thoughts? I think it would be cool to see something like this implemented into Assassin's creed because it would fit so well I think. What do you guys think?

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 11:59 PM
As long as it has Investigations reminiscent of AC I`s, then I`m all up for it...

MohMurad
12-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Sounds like a nice idea but overall it probably won't be worth it for Ubisoft to constantly plan cut scenes and assassination missions more thorough than just "hey go to that guy and kill him" so people will actually be interested in them. But I don't know if they're working on their next game now or if they have the time, but even if they did how would Ubisoft profit from this? It's not just like Halo where the devs just have to plan the multiplayer for most of the time, so they can have enough time to plan Spartan Ops missions, because multiplayer won't require as much time on any game vs the Assassin's Creed singleplayer. Good idea though that would keep me playing every week if the missions don't end up getting repetitive.

SkiesSeven
12-28-2012, 04:32 AM
I think the devs at Ubi can learn from Dishonored. In Dishonored your actions have real consequences. Like AC, you play an Assassin. However your environment changes depending on whether you choose to slice your way through, or choose NOT to kill. And how those choices impacted the game world was done incredibly well.

dbuddy101
12-28-2012, 04:48 AM
I think the devs at Ubi can learn from Dishonored. In Dishonored your actions have real consequences. Like AC, you play an Assassin. However your environment changes depending on whether you choose to slice your way through, or choose NOT to kill. And how those choices impacted the game world was done incredibly well. I very much disagree with this. I believe that it was a major problem in dishonored that if I wanted a specific ending, that I had to play a certain way. It ended up that I played freely and had a blast only to have my experience sullied by the ending. I think that it is safer to give the player a story choice, where you can already see the outcome of your actions rather than a vague "The Ending will be Different!" This way, a player can enjoy the experience of playing how they want, and still receive the ending that they wish to have by picking a story moral choice.

Deadlysyns666
12-28-2012, 05:42 AM
I very much disagree with this. I believe that it was a major problem in dishonored that if I wanted a specific ending, that I had to play a certain way. It ended up that I played freely and had a blast only to have my experience sullied by the ending. I think that it is safer to give the player a story choice, where you can already see the outcome of your actions rather than a vague "The Ending will be Different!" This way, a player can enjoy the experience of playing how they want, and still receive the ending that they wish to have by picking a story moral choice. yeah because in Real life our actions don't change how things occur at all and nothing we ever do in the past comes back to haunt us in the Future Dishonored was Realistic so yeah