PDA

View Full Version : Does that amazing kill animation even exist?

the_atm
12-27-2012, 05:07 PM
You know what I'm talking about, Connor hits the musket out of the soliders hands, it lands in the ground, connor smashes the mans head onto and fires...

but does it exist? I've never seen it but I've heard people swear to me they have seen it, yet I've had people swear to me it doesn't exist. have you guys seen it? I've killed many guards to find it but to no avail.

ACfan443
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM
The one that was in the reveal trailer? That animation isn't in the game, it was pretty amazing though.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Never seen it. Link please?

Aphex_Tim
12-27-2012, 06:17 PM
It was also in the target gameplay video but didn't make it in the final game.

i WiLL aM
12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
I think it was shown in a video during alpha/beta gameplay, but wasn't included in the final version :(

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 08:48 PM
didn't you already ask that question ??

XBO Metal
12-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Try using different clothing options, I've seen Conner do some crazy kills after changing the coloring of his robes. Also remember once you are in a kill cam you are still in control so don't just mash the one button switch it up a little and create epic combo moves.

ACfan443
12-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Just wanted to add, there were actually quite a few amazing kill animations in the target footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wSqTQ3fwqw

dxsxhxcx
12-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Just wanted to add, there were actually quite a few amazing kill animations in the target footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wSqTQ3fwqw

is it just me or combat and tree running looked better in this video than in the final game? :p

dewgel
12-28-2012, 12:33 PM
is it just me or combat and tree running looked better in this video than in the final game? :p4

It generally would on a pre-rendered animation

There's another kill animation I wanted, one of my favourite new ones, in the Gameplay trailer we first saw where Connor runs towards (who we now know is John Pitcairn) and he kills 2 soldiers with the hidden blade. The first move is missing, he does an Ezio style jumping assassination, but carries on rolling and sprints into the next soldier. That was amazing. They should've kept that style, for scenes like that

ACfan443
12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
is it just me or combat and tree running looked better in this video than in the final game? :p

It's not just you :D
Bear in mind that it's just target footage, but the game would've looked even more amazing if it was like this

dxsxhxcx
12-28-2012, 12:51 PM
It's not just you :D
Bear in mind that it's just target footage, but the game would've looked even more amazing if it was like this

that part where Connor recognizes his target from a certain distance is really cool.. IMO little details like this make the experience much more enjoyable.. I feel that Ubisoft is stopping to care about these little details, some years ago it was all about everything making sense in the game, almost everything had an in game explanation, now we have screens showing up messages like "Mission Complete", this isn't a big deal, but it could be a lot less intrusive and certainly break the immersion (at least for me)

ACfan443
12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
that part where Connor recognizes his target from a certain distance is really cool.. IMO little details like this make the experience much more enjoyable.. I feel that Ubisoft is stopping to care about these little details, some years ago it was all about everything making sense in the game, almost everything had an in game explanation, now we have screens showing up messages like "Mission Complete", this isn't a big deal, but it could be a lot less intrusive and certainly break the immersion (at least for me)

I also really liked that "identity confirmed" prompt, it was really cool and would've looked great in the game

dewgel
12-28-2012, 02:38 PM

I hear you, although I sort of disagree. They've added plenty of those little details and things to make the experience better, but I think they've made it too "sandbox" if you know what I mean..

Too much stuff was optional, and often never explained. The combat system, for instance, was poorly explained. Everything that's explained is just flown past you.

ACII was much clearer in explaining everything, like controls and whatnot, and things like noteriety

AjinkyaParuleka
12-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Hell...that was pretty amazing but the character doesn't looks like Connor at all and it still had the previous game's Interface and a kewl looking Hidden blade design.I hope they manage to add the combat moves in the next game if they are featuring Connor again.I am seeing it again in HD.
P.S:The game lagged o.O
Edit:What we saw was obviously a pre production,the combat was like the first Prince of Persia game(I mean the way the redcoat fought and how Connor dodged his attacks).And the musket kill,which looked cool doesn't actually looks realistic,I mean comeon try flipping a musket in the air and it landing and perfectly still on the base,in real like 90% chances says it won't land always like that,but the tree climbing was real cool.
Edit 2:Connor really looked like Desmond in their and i guess it is their "thin and medium build" connor before giving me a more Big and Muscular build.
And you can't jump kick or dual counter in that :>

UncappedWheel82
12-28-2012, 10:52 PM
I think a one point I may have wanted that animation in there, but to be honest, there are so many kills that are cooler than that one that it not even an issue.

Getting any of the double kills, followed by a double chain kill with rope dart or gun takes the cake for me.

iS-iP4d
12-28-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yii8J7Yfu20&feature=youtu.be

FIrst Assassin's Creed vid and commentary everyone please watch and subscribe :)