PDA

View Full Version : AC3 - Secondary Counters

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 12:56 PM
So, did you know that you could counter using your secondary weapon/tool? That being the pistol, bow, etc.?

I made a raw video showing off some of the animations and uses of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=059yAfmEQhg&feature=youtube_gdata

Apologies for the bad framerate, blame Ubisoft for not optimising their game.

ZusupaTanhi
12-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Very cool! I'll have to keep this in mind when I confront those pesky, hard to kill enemies.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Do you also know about the double Pistol/rope dart Attack ?? Instead of pressing the attack button during a kill streak, you press the tool button instead..

diwas13
12-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Is there a semi auto/revolver action pistol we can unlock/upgrade later on in the game? Because I have no idea how you fired in rapid successions with out reloading at 2:24?

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Is there a semi auto/revolver action pistol we can unlock/upgrade later on in the game? Because I have no idea how you fired in rapid successions with out reloading at 2:24?
He just has 2 double barreled pistols...

diwas13
12-27-2012, 01:17 PM
We can equip two pistols at the same time? That is fricking awesome, I haven't had the chance to really get into the game yet, so the vid was definitely helpful. And if you guys know some more tips/trick please do let me know :)

MT4K
12-27-2012, 01:21 PM
1) If you are about to get shot and nobody is near enough to use as a Human Shield. Throw a Smoke Bomb instead.

2) If you are falling from a big height and going to die. Fast travel and you can avoid desyncronising.

3) If you are notorious. Fast travel and it will reset your notoriety.

4) You can drop a weapon by holding it and then going to lockpick a chest. Connor will drop the weapon.

5) Craft Saddlebags for your horse. You can use it to restock on ammunition for free (Should be obvious by the name alone but some people might not realise).

6) Weather related hacks end game don't prevent saving like regular "cheats". Weather, Season and Day/Night hacks can be used freely. You can also use "Thunder Kill".

7) If you use 1 Arrow to kill 2 Guards/Civilians/Animals. You can loot back 2 Arrows.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
^Magic Man knows all

ZusupaTanhi
12-27-2012, 01:30 PM
These are impressive :P I'll have to save this thread. Gives me many awesome bits of advice.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 01:32 PM
7) If you use 1 Arrow to kill 2 Guards/Civilians/Animals. You can loot back 2 Arrows.

What's really magical is that the arrow will still lie on the ground next to the guards :eek:!!!

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
We can equip two pistols at the same time? That is fricking awesome, I haven't had the chance to really get into the game yet, so the vid was definitely helpful. And if you guys know some more tips/trick please do let me know :)

Yep, it is a craftable

EDIT

Do you also know about the double Pistol/rope dart Attack ?? Instead of pressing the attack button during a kill streak, you press the tool button instead..

Just tried that, it doesn't seem like it's a proper move. It just stops the killstreak and uses the tool, it's the same animation as when you normally use the tool.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Hmm I have one trick. When one of the heavy axe guards do a yellow attack, press counter to roll than immidiately hold the stick towards him and press attack. Connor will cut his throat from behind.

This only works when armed with the tomahawk I think.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Just tried that, it doesn't seem like it's a proper move. It just stops the killstreak and uses the tool, it's the same animation as when you normally use the tool.
Not that. When you have 2 Guards nearby..he does a double kill

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Not that. When you have 2 Guards nearby..he does a double kill

I'll keep trying.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I'll keep trying.
Start a streak, Do one attack as part of the streak, then continue streak with the tool button having either the rope dart or pistol equipped..

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Start a streak, Do one attack as part of the streak, then continue streak with the tool button having either the rope dart or pistol equipped..

Right. Got it.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Right. Got it.
Good luck:D

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Good luck:D

It's not working. Arg.

xboxauditore
12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Nice video, and double respect for using the Captain Kidd Outfit.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Nice video, and double respect for using the Captain Kidd Outfit.

What can I say, I love flamboyant hats.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 02:06 PM
It's not working. Arg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg1jti_kj14&feature=youtu.be

Skip to 6:43....He explains and shows how to do it :p

LoyalACFan
12-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Hmm I have one trick. When one of the heavy axe guards do a yellow attack, press counter to roll than immidiately hold the stick towards him and press attack. Connor will cut his throat from behind.

This only works when armed with the tomahawk I think.

Also works with the fists and sword. Haven't tried heavy weapons, but I assume they would be the same as the swords.

LoyalACFan
12-27-2012, 02:17 PM
If you use 1 Arrow to kill 2 Guards/Civilians/Animals. You can loot back 2 Arrows.

o_O You can kill two people with one arrow? How? Or... ahem... "WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?"

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:17 PM
SNIP

Skip to 6:43....He explains and shows how to do it :p

Heh, that's awesome. He didn't show off the trip-mine kill though. Shame.

o_O You can kill two people with one arrow? How? Or... ahem... "WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?"

DON'T DOUBLE POST **** YOU

And I would also like to know.

EDIT - Grats on 10k posts Assassin.

MT4K
12-27-2012, 02:18 PM

It's just about lining up the shot properly where 2 guards/civilians/animals are next to each other.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
It's just about lining up the shot properly where 2 guards/civilians/animals are next to each other.

Next to eachother as in shoulder to shoulder, or one behind the other?

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 02:23 PM

I killed two rabbits and one racoon with one arrow :p. And they weren't even lined up. So yeah the bow is pretty broken in this game.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I killed two rabbits and one racoon with one arrow :p. And they weren't even lined up. So yeah the bow is pretty broken in this game.

http://salviperfidem.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/what.gif

Never had that happen to me. Mind you, I rarely use the bow for hunting. Stabby stabby is more efficient.

MT4K
12-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Next to eachother as in shoulder to shoulder, or one behind the other?

Both have worked for me :p. Although if you use the Bow a lot you will likely do it by pure accident a few times. I use the bow loads :D.

I killed two rabbits and one racoon with one arrow http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/tongue.png. And they weren't even lined up. So yeah the bow is pretty broken in this game.

lol Nice. The bow is one of my favourite weapons in AC3 :D.

POP1Fan
12-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Whoever says this game is bad is out of his mind.

xboxauditore
12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Whoever says this game is bad is out of his mind.

True dat.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:33 PM
True dat.

Meh. 8/10

A point off for not optimising the game. And can anyone forsee practical uses for these? Aside from insta-killing Jaegers, and clearing out crowds of enemies with A SODDING TRIP MINE ATTACHED TO ANOTHER GUARD that is.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Never had that happen to me. Mind you, I rarely use the bow for hunting. Stabby stabby is more efficient.

It was during one of the hunting challenges where you needed to get fifteen (I think) kills with the bow, so I was pretty pleased :).

lol Nice. The bow is one of my favourite weapons in AC3 :D.

I like it as a concept, but the execution is pretty underwhelming to me for several reasons.

1) I can only use it when "locked" to an enemy. I like it in games when you have to account for the drop with a bow. So satisfying when you get the perfect kill.
2) Arrows flies really weird. I was sitting at the top of the mast of a ship and shot a guard patrooling the deck. The arrow killed him, then bounced all the way up to me.
3) I tried to kill a guard behind a waist high cover but couldn't because Connor kept hitting the cover.
4) When you loot enemies and get your arrow back, it will still lie on the ground. Of course it you should interact with the arrow, not the guard.
5) Arrows don't get stuck in enemies the way they should.
6) Lacks oompf and especially it lacks a cool impact when you hit something.

MT4K
12-27-2012, 02:47 PM
True the bow could use some work, but i still like the weapon a lot. Plus you can hold the button for a stronger shot but i would like it improved on in future patches if possible :p.

Sushiglutton
12-27-2012, 02:53 PM
True the bow could use some work, but i still like the weapon a lot. Plus you can hold the button for a stronger shot but i would like it improved on in future patches if possible :p.

Lol, I also love that fraction of a second when you hold the button and Connor pulls the bowstring a bit tighter! We are such nerds :p! This was their first bow attempt and it was decent. If they can just get their stuff together and really focus on the core gameplay for the next game I think we could get an amazing bow.

dewgel
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
So, did you know that you could counter using your secondary weapon/tool? That being the pistol, bow, etc.?

I made a raw video showing off some of the animations and uses of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=059yAfmEQhg&feature=youtube_gdata

Apologies for the bad framerate, blame Ubisoft for not optimising their game.

Awesome video, but don't go blaming Ubisoft for the poor framerate. I think that's your computer mate, mine runs it ace and I've got a mid-range laptop. I might get the occasional drop but nothing like that.

diwas13
12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Its not his rig, the game IS poorly optimized. But lets leave that discussion for the proper thread.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Awesome video, but don't go blaming Ubisoft for the poor framerate. I think that's your computer mate, mine runs it ace and I've got a mid-range laptop. I might get the occasional drop but nothing like that.

AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.6GHz
16 GB RAM
NVidia GTX 550 Ti

I should NOT be having problems with running AC3.

And yes, Windows 7 x64.

pacmanate
12-27-2012, 04:16 PM
2 months later and people only figure this out.

dewgel
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM
AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.6GHz
16 GB RAM
NVidia GTX 550 Ti

I should NOT be having problems with running AC3.

And yes, Windows 7 x64.

If we're playing top trumps, I'm on a AMD A8-4500 1.90 GHz, 8GB RAM and AMD Radeon 7640G.

Windows 8 x64, much worse, yet it runs nicely.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 04:37 PM
If we're playing top trumps, I'm on a AMD A8-4500 1.90 GHz, 8GB RAM and AMD Radeon 7640G.

Windows 8 x64, much worse, yet it runs nicely.

*sigh*

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT A LAPTOP WITH A SUB-2GHZ PROCESSOR IS BETTER THAN MY RIG UBISOFT

ARE YOU

the_atm
12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
best one is the sticky mine counter, check it out ;)

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 04:57 PM
best one is the sticky mine counter, check it out ;)

If you can get the hang of it, you throw the bomb backwards.

exkrima
12-28-2012, 12:32 AM
can you use other tools like snare/tripmine for kill streak animation.

i like the counter snare but its much better if the flow of the battle keeps going on, I even hate guards counter my counter it ruins the fun, but i guess that is challenging part, but i really wanted to try all tool kill streak.

BraveDude8
12-28-2012, 12:36 AM
can you use other tools like snare/tripmine for kill streak animation.

i like the counter snare but its much better if the flow of the battle keeps going on, I even hate guards counter my counter it ruins the fun, but i guess that is challenging part, but i really wanted to try all tool kill streak.

Just the primary weapon, and if you can get it right, the pistol/rope dart combined with primary double kill.

exkrima
12-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Just the primary weapon, and if you can get it right, the pistol/rope dart combined with primary double kill.
yeah i already done that, i was just hoping that someone find out using other tools, i really wanted to have a kill streak like brotherhood but AC3 version where you can use all the tools, create your own variety of combo.

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 12:46 AM
yeah i already done that, i was just hoping that someone find out using other tools, i really wanted to have a kill streak like brotherhood but AC3 version where you can use all the tools, create your own variety of combo.
And what we currently have is not enough ??

exkrima
12-28-2012, 12:52 AM
And what we currently have is not enough ??
its really not about that, i was just expecting to use other tools to be part of the animated kill, something like that, i was even wondering why not use bait to be like sand throw in the last ac series

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 12:54 AM
its really not about that, i was just expecting to use other tools to be part of the animated kill, something like that, i was even wondering why not use bait to be like sand throw in the last ac series
Throw fish and meet at the Soldier`s face xD

That`d be something to laugh about xD

exkrima
12-28-2012, 01:03 AM
Throw fish and meet at the Soldier`s face xD

That`d be something to laugh about xD

how about the coin?

Assassin_M
12-28-2012, 01:04 AM
how about the coin?
What a waste don't you think ??:p

exkrima
12-28-2012, 01:08 AM
What a waste don't you think ??http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/tongue.png
it will still hurt/stun. anyway if there will new moves in battle for you guys to share just post it here, i just finished AC3 in PC.

BraveDude8
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
it will still hurt/stun. anyway if there will new moves in battle for you guys to share just post it here, i just finished AC3 in PC.

New moves in battle? Six level 11 assassins. COMBAT - NULLIFIED.