PDA

View Full Version : How Brotherhood leads on to AC3 *spoilers*

kizza545
12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi all, I've been reading the forums for a long time, but have never posted - I've got this question though and wanted to share :D

I read on here recently that the whole Eve in Eden plot that was heavily implied in ACB would be what Desmond would have to do in AC3. Clay tells him to go to Eden and find Eve with Juno also saying "only SHE remains to be found". Does this mean that the original plot of AC3 involved Desmond finding Eve in Eden, but was changed to Juno being the big bad in order to set up further sequels?

But, also in Brotherhood, Juno says "on the 72nd day, before the moment of awakening" - this seems to refer to her being awoken by Desmond at the end of AC3, so does that mean that the major plot point of AC3 was known when they were writing Brotherhood? If so, what happened to the Eve in Eden plot point?

It's just that one line in Brotherhood about awakening that got me, so please share your thoughts!

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi all, I've been reading the forums for a long time, but have never posted - I've got this question though and wanted to share :D

I read on here recently that the whole Eve in Eden plot that was heavily implied in ACB would be what Desmond would have to do in AC3. Clay tells him to go to Eden and find Eve with Juno also saying "only SHE remains to be found". Does this mean that the original plot of AC3 involved Desmond finding Eve in Eden, but was changed to Juno being the big bad in order to set up further sequels?

But, also in Brotherhood, Juno says "on the 72nd day, before the moment of awakening" - this seems to refer to her being awoken by Desmond at the end of AC3, so does that mean that the major plot point of AC3 was known when they were writing Brotherhood? If so, what happened to the Eve in Eden plot point?

It's just that one line in Brotherhood about awakening that got me, so please share your thoughts!
The Series is not over yet..

Juno just says "Only she remains to be found" She never said Eve. Maybe she means the Key...She may also be referring to herself, Hell she might even mean William..Who knows ?? but her saying 72nd day before awakening just closes the door that "AC III`s ending was a last second outing" It`s not. And Clay says find Eve...her DNA...Maybe we did find her...William I mean, Maybe she`s his Ancestor...The Series is still not over and we were not promised ALL answers in AC III just an end for Desmond`s story and we got that...

kizza545
12-27-2012, 09:57 AM
She could have been referring to William, really....? I guess I wasn't paying attention that much to the game, because I didn't notice that William was a woman...

My whole point is that the Juno being the big bad came completely out of nowhere, with the finding Eve originally being the writers' idea but was scrapped in order to set up more sequels - sorry, I'm clearly not very bright and did not realise that AC3 wasn't the last game in the series, so I'm obviously wrong, especially since I didn't know that the key could have a gender and that William was a woman...

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 10:04 AM
She could have been referring to William, really....? I guess I wasn't paying attention that much to the game, because I didn't notice that William was a woman...

My whole point is that the Juno being the big bad came completely out of nowhere, with the finding Eve originally being the writers' idea but was scrapped in order to set up more sequels - sorry, I'm clearly not very bright and did not realise that AC3 wasn't the last game in the series, so I'm obviously wrong, especially since I didn't know that the key could have a gender and that William was a woman...
A Smartass....Brilliant. I`ll explain.

I never said you were wrong. You actually said nothing new for you to be wrong. You asked a question and I gave you an answer, I never said it`s right, If anything, I`m the one that may be wrong. All i`m saying is that the developers may come up with this crazy idea that Eve Is William`s Ancestor and that`s where the "she" thing kicks in. I also said the "she" may be reference to the Key for the temple door. same thing goes for Eve in Clay`s talk. He may also be referring to William...How Eve MAY be his Ancestor, because Clay mentions her DNA...I don't think we have to literally find her DNA flying about..Eve`s DNA refers to someone from her Lineage, so MAYBE it`s William.

Now comes the not the last game in the series. Simple...You cannot say it may have been scrapped, because there`s still more games. Your question may be explained and expanded upon in later games...and yes a key that can be used as an amulet can be a SHE...also as you explained, the eve stroyline was mentioned in the same game where the Juno being evil was born...so I don't see how that affects anything

solarhalfbreed
12-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I read somewhere that Eve is mentioned again in Liberation. Maybe whoever is in the animus with Aveline's memories is Eve? I dunno, I haven't played Liberation yet. Is there even any mention of the present day?

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I read somewhere that Eve is mentioned again in Liberation. Maybe whoever is in the animus with Aveline's memories is Eve? I dunno, I haven't played Liberation yet. Is there even any mention of the present day?
There`s barely any mention of the Present day in Liberation. An interesting little piece of Information is found in AC III`s multiplayer Abstergo Story hacked files. It implies that Paul Bellamy is a Descendant of Aveline who in turn is implied to be a Descendant of Eve, judging by the ending...So the "Eve" mentioned by Clay is not necessarily a Woman..

solarhalfbreed
12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
There`s barely any mention of the Present day in Liberation. An interesting little piece of Information is found in AC III`s multiplayer Abstergo Story hacked files. It implies that Paul Bellamy is a Descendant of Aveline who in turn is implied to be a Descendant of Eve, judging by the ending...So the "Eve" mentioned by Clay is not necessarily a Woman..

Basically it's just go find her DNA? :)

ACfan443
12-27-2012, 01:18 PM

This is what I thought, and probably is the case. After all, it was originally planned to be a trilogy, so they had to change the plot to stretch out the story to future sequels.

Brotherhood was being developed the same time AC3 began its development, so they knew what AC3's ending was going to be and so hinted it in the game.
Also, there's a podcast featuring a writer from AC who says that the Eve stuff hasn't been dropped, and is actually a plot which goes beyond AC3

AdrianJacek
12-27-2012, 06:46 PM

Well, kinda. There aren't any sections outside the Animus but Erudito's presence is quite prominent. From the 2012 perspective the story's about an Animus user who bought Abstergo's product which has a bunch of falsified scenes. E. allows that person to see the truth after some special side missions.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, kinda. There aren't any sections outside the Animus but Erudito's presence is quite prominent. From the 2012 perspective the story's about an Animus user who bought Abstergo's product which has a bunch of falsified scenes. E. allows that person to see the truth after some special side missions.
Yup. So you don't exactly play in modern times. Its just something like Clay`s Glyphs from AC II..

Very interesting, though

kizza545
12-27-2012, 11:47 PM
A Smartass....Brilliant.

I wasn't being a smartass, simply replying in kind to the condescending tone that made up your first post. Anyway, I'm not here to argue, simply to post an idea

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
I wasn't being a smartass, simply replying in kind to the condescending tone that made up your first post. Anyway, I'm not here to argue, simply to post an idea
And I wasn't condescending, I was sharing my views....