PDA

View Full Version : The (important?) prequel of ACIII... take a look.

Booksgames
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I posted a review on my blog about the official book that tells us the story of Haytham Kenway... You perhaps want to know a bit more about that very important character :confused: :

http://www.booksandgames.net/wordpress/2012/12/26/assassins-forsaken-creed-two-modern-antiheroes/

Thanks for sharing and reading if you feel like :nonchalance: .

Booksgames
12-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Anyone got a few thoughts on Haytham? Did you preferred playing Haytham or Connor?

Their fighting moves are similar but they have a real different style :). I mean Haytham behave like a noble/English gentleman, and Connor has more the temperament of wild and rebel Indian.

BraveDude8
12-27-2012, 02:36 PM
At least Haytham has a cool hat :>

Booksgames
12-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Connor got one too... When he is on his boat only :confused: .

It's like "in the navy" , we don't accept saucy assassin's robe :D .

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I loved playing as Both...

Booksgames
12-28-2012, 01:00 PM
So far the books is only available in French and English after a few research. It will be released in early February 2013 in German. I think that they should release a DLC with Haytham, based on the book. That would be cool.

Booksgames
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Bump

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I loved playing as both. I think it would've been cool is Haytham wasn't a templar, or was converted over to the assassins, and we had an actual main story as him. Anyone agree? They could have done an England setting etc. I would've loved to have saw that and a Connor game. :/

Booksgames
01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Yes, an English setting would be awesome ! We only had the opera of London in Assassin creed 3 :(. We need Big Ben and things !

YuurHeen
01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Haytham > Connor

AjinkyaParuleka
01-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Haytham > Connor
No,Connor=Haytham.

Assassin_M
01-04-2013, 08:07 PM
No,Connor=Haytham.
That`s Subjective ? ;)

Booksgames
01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Their story has some similarities; for example the choice of ideology and how to apply it. The son is doing the contrary of his father. They also start to doubt on their taught faith, because Connor see the interests in his Indian civilization that collide with Assassins' interests, and Heytham was first destined to be an assassin, but then decided to rest in the Templar's path.

But both never really understand for what they are fighting for, and only Desmond will know a few centuries after.

kuled2012
01-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Haytham > Connor

Here we go again..

TrueAssassin77
01-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Connor > Haytham/Ezio Jr.

Kaschra
01-05-2013, 01:57 AM
I got my book a short time ago. So far I've read 140 pages and really like it, which was unexpected since I'm not a big fan of Bowden's writing style. Maybe because it doesn't just re-tell the game's story from Haytham's point of view, but adds a lot of background for him? His childhood, how he came in contacts with the Templars etc.
Well, I definatelly like it.

zMrFahrenheit
01-05-2013, 06:23 AM
I have read it and re-read it. I think it is a awesome book and I look forward to the launching of the Revelations novel in Brazil.

Booksgames
01-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Cool guys , thanks for the answer :).

Yes it add some things to the assassin creed story, and you can expect to have some surprise if you missed a few details in the main game plot.

For example the book permitted me to more precisely understand why Lee ordered the withdrawal of his army during a part of the game -the battle of Gettysburg. I missed that during my first game walk through. So if you read the book your personal understanding might change.

UncappedWheel82
01-05-2013, 09:56 PM
@Booksgames:

I read your blog, and I plan to read/listen to the book sometime in the near future. Anyway...question...2 of them.

Why do you not include Connor into the Assassin's brotherhood? And why do you see Connor's decision to continue going after Lee, after "the reveal", as "irrational", and as Connor still seeking revenge?

Yes, initially after finding out that Lee was a Templar Connor most likely felt that he would be killing 2 birds with one stone in going after him, but by the time of the reveal, Connor's thirst for revenge had kind of taken a back seat to doing what he felt was right. And him choosing to do things the way he did proves that. By that time, Connor's quest for equality had taken on a more encompassing view to include the colonists as well. Connor choosing not to go down the path of vengence was what that scene was all about.

Unless I missed something since I haven't read the book.

Assasseffect
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Haytham was a pretty awesome character, but he turned into a HUGE *** when he got older(Not to mention he couldn't fight for crap. I can only imagine how pissed Ezio would have been at him). Connor was better than him at that point

iArfal
01-06-2013, 12:12 AM
I think Connor is the worse character of the series,he is cold and boring, unlike Ezio or Alta´r. I hate the way he speaks, and he's so blinded by his will to protect his village that he ends up losing it anyway. Maybe it's just the execution of the story that sucks. They could've find a better plot.
Haytham however was really cool at the beggining of the game, he was kind of an 18th century ACR Ezio. I think that if he was the protagonist of AC3, the single player story would have been more enjoyable.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 12:14 AM
I think Connor is the worse character of the series,he is cold and boring, unlike Ezio or Alta´r. I hate the way he speaks, and he's so blinded by his will to protect his village that he ends up losing it anyway. Maybe it's just the execution of the story that sucks. They could've find a better plot.
Haytham however was really cool at the beggining of the game, he was kind of an 18th century ACR Ezio. I think that if he was the protagonist of AC3, the single player story would have been more enjoyable.
You basically wanted another Ezio...

Mute.

iArfal
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
You basically wanted another Ezio...

Mute.
Well someone with similarities, what's wrong with that?
I've been used to a him as the main character for all the AC2 games :/

theboy9
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
So far the books is only available in French and English after a few research. It will be released in early February 2013 in German. I think that they should release a DLC with Haytham, based on the book. That would be cool.

helll yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be lovely.... i would like to see Haytham's father

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Everything wrong with that, enough of Ezio, it's about time we had realistic characters. If they would keep going with clones, might as well call it Call of Assassins.

MT4K
01-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Everything wrong with that, enough of Ezio, it's about time we had realistic characters. If they would keep going with clones, might as well call it Call of Assassins.

I like "Assasin's Duty" better.

Assassin_M
01-06-2013, 09:50 PM
the wrong, is that you wont be open to ANYONE but an Ezio clone. A joker, flirty playboy. and I`m afraid to appease your likes, they`d drive away a lot of people who actually want a change of character..

poptartz20
01-08-2013, 05:55 AM
I think that it's awesome that Haytham was a Templar. Then taking the next step to play as Connor. It was a well needed twist to get away from the Ezio-syndrome. Granted I do love this character, and even though I wished to play as him more and hated the fact he was on the side of "evil" I felt there was still more to him. Which after reading the book, it made Haytham a more of a well rounded character. Which I personally think is awesome!