PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Xbox360 Controller Fix

R3YNO720
12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Hello,

My Xbox 360 controller does not work for this game, I have the current driver installed and everything is plugged in properly but the controller can not be selected in the in game menu. Is there an easy fix so I can use it?

dogamongkorn
12-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Perhaps a silly question. Do you have the wireless receiver for the controller? Do you have your XBox controller powered on and active before you launch the game? I have found that if my controller goes to "sleep" before I have a chance to launch AC3, it doesn't always find the controller in game and I have to close AC3, power on the controller again and re-launch.

Godz_Mercenary
12-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Yeah, make sure controller is on and windows sees it before launching the game.

R3YNO720
12-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Yes both where working with skyrim earlier.

dogamongkorn
12-27-2012, 07:25 PM
That is a really strange issue. If the 360 controller is working in other games, it should work just fine in AC3. By default AC3 supports 360 controllers. I am using a PS3 controller (motionjoy) and I have to use 360 emulation to make it work. I choose the 360 controller under the controls menu and it works great! Sorry, don't have any ideas right now.

Schwacker
12-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Guys, I'm in the same boat. After years of not playing PC games, I decided to get back into the PC gaming after buying a new video card that came with AC 3. I've played AC 2 and wanted to experience AC3 on the PC (instead of the Xbox 360)..

So I did some research and decided to get the wireless Xbox receiver. I received it today and installed it on the PC. I installed the driver which, I think, are the most recent. The receiver is listed on my Windows 7 Devices list. I have it synced up to the receiver but every time I have gone into AC3, it's not an option for controls. Only keyboard and mouse.

Am I missing something??? I thought it would be pretty cut and dry.

Thanks!!!

Schwacker

Schwacker
12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Disregard my earlier post. Duh - since my controller wasn't listed in the joy.cpl command, I thought I'd switch my wireless receiver to another USB port and ta-da. It's now working. I should have tried this first before posting.

My bad.