PDA

View Full Version : Hud intel question

kaloochi
12-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between the different kinds of enemy location intel on your hud? There's the red dot fire indicator which i know, but i would like to know how long it lasts as it seems to vary. Sometimes its only there very briefly and other times it stays there for a good few seconds. The other kind is the arrow which stands out a lot more. (both red)

PublicVermin
12-26-2012, 05:46 PM
I believe that when the red dots show up, thats any type of "enemy fire" not sure if it shows up when you use grenades/equipment, though). I would assume it only last on your map for maybe 2-3 seconds after you STOP firing, so thats why it would vary (again, not sure on the exact time of this, just speculating). The red arrows are when the enemy is detected, either through a sensor, data hack or a camera.

FAULTvFRACTURE
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
This does sound like an excellent aspect to test, I may do so in the near future...

tr3ntmc89
12-27-2012, 03:45 AM
I believe that when the red dots show up, thats any type of "enemy fire" not sure if it shows up when you use grenades/equipment, though). I would assume it only last on your map for maybe 2-3 seconds after you STOP firing, so thats why it would vary (again, not sure on the exact time of this, just speculating). The red arrows are when the enemy is detected, either through a sensor, data hack or a camera.

Thats correct.......to avoid becoming a red dot on enemy huds, only run suppressed guns (the suppressed comment is aimed at newer players, not you three blokes), or lay jammers everywhere.

tr3ntmc89
12-27-2012, 03:46 AM
This does sound like an excellent aspect to test, I may do so in the near future...

What is there to test????????

kaloochi
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks all. I thought that was how it was. The reason i asked is because i'll usually check my hud full screen when i respawn and i've seen the red arrow intel but no one seemed to be detected. Maybe they were back in their spawn or something.

mzkina
12-27-2012, 12:16 PM
When the enemy is detected, the mini map will shows an arrow for the enemy.
You can't see the red outline because you are too far away from enemy, the outline is just for maybe 50M I guess.