PDA

View Full Version : Why does it seem AC3 gets better per playthrough?

TrueAssassin77
12-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Am i the only one who has felt this? Everytime i replay it, it felt better and better. I use to think ACB> AC3 but in the middle of my 3rd playthrough of AC3 i'm not so sure anymore. Does anyone else feel as if the game gets better the 2nd time around? the 3rd?

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Nope...You`re not alone...Every time I replay it (4th time now) I appreciate it more. I appreciate Connor, I appreciate Desmond more and begin to have an all new fascination with the Story and Characters...You`re not alone..Although it was and IS my favorite game in the series, I can only say that it`s simply raising the bar even higher...

D.I.D.
12-26-2012, 09:10 AM
I find the early half harder to stomach on a second playthrough, so far. Also, like ACR, I'm not feeling inspired to play it again whereas 1, 2 and B were begging me to play them over and over.

Due to the game feeling like a chore, I did try jumping back into old saves of ACB instead and I was surprised at how much I still love it. I thought the graphical differences would be hard to accept after AC3, but in fact I was pleased to see that the game holds up very well.

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I find the early half harder to stomach on a second playthrough
I actually find the start of AC III the LEAST tedious to go through of all the starting Sequences...:p

Except ACB...I love the 2 starts equally

avk111
12-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Agreed all your posts fellas. I just seem to catch things I didn't before. I'm taking a break and reading the forsaken novel once I buy it,.

TheSpong
12-26-2012, 10:49 AM
AC3 blew all the other ACs out the water the first time I played it, so for me it doesn't need to get any better on subsequent playthroughs. For the record, I've only played through it once so far (got 100% synch though).

SixKeys
12-26-2012, 01:51 PM
At first I felt this way too when I started on my second playthrough of AC3. Some things felt easier and more logical once you already knew how they worked (recruiting assassins, crafting). But right now I'm somewhere in sequence 9 and little things have just piled up to a point where I'm so irritated with the game I don't really feel like finishing it again. I've never had that feeling with an AC game, not even ACR. I really hoped my overall feelings about the game would improve with a second runthrough, but right now it's not looking good.

kuled2012
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
4th time nowThought I was the only one of this level of obsession :D

LieutenantJojo
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I've just started my second playthrough yesterday and I have to agree. I'm enjoying it even more than I did the first time. Perhaps it's because I know what's going to happen and I know how to handle the missions now.

I'm also noticing a lot more details. For example: I never really realized how much the Homestead changes! The first time you enter the Homestead in your second playthrough, it's like "WTF? It's so different". All the houses are missing, a lot more trees, it's very nice to see the change that happened there. :)

UncappedWheel82
12-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I would have to agree. AC3 is much better on subsequent play throughs. The reason for that though is because AC3 is more subtle in how it gives you info. Plus it has a more open world feel.

Before this game, all the story stuff was fed to you through dialouge and cutscenes that were triggered by the player. While AC3 is wholy similar, There are also many conversations that just trigger throughout the world that you can listen to, as well as the more random elements that can occur (animal maulings in the frontier). On my second play through there were many things that I saw that I missed before, and having read through some forums and talked to some other people, there is even more still that I have missed.

dewgel
12-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I actually find the start of AC III the LEAST tedious to go through of all the starting Sequences...:p

Except ACB...I love the 2 starts equally

I'm inclined to agree. I felt AC:B had the strongest start of all the games though.

The whole starting at the very second AC2 finished was smart.

AC2 was a good start, I absolutely loved Ezio and Federico's scene as the titles appeared. That was nice.

AC:R was poor. Re-using an E3 Cinematic Trailer after the game had already started was the worst thing I'd ever seen. Ever. I've not seen that since PS1 / PS2 games. I hated it. The introduction to the story was poor, if you hadn't already been following the forums prior to AC:R and you were just a casual gamer, you'd be confused. Yes Ezio explains stuff in the cinematic intro, but it was nowhere near the scale of AC:B.

We should've seen Ezio returning to the Villa, leaving the symbol for Desmond on the wall, saying goodbye to the place, to the people, and most of all, finding the letter in his father's study, and actually seeing why he went after Altair's tomb.

AdrianJacek
12-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Re-using an E3 Cinematic Trailer after the game had already started was the worst thing I'd ever seen. Ever. I've not seen that since PS1 / PS2 games.
Man, putting more effort to create a really detailed cutscene. How dare they!

EaglePrince25
12-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Agreed. It does get better. More than halfway through my 2nd playthrough and it's now my 2nd game in the series.

I do have to say though that the opening sequences are somewhat more boring to me. This however holds true for each of the games save the 2nd. (Its the music that plays when Ezio and Federico are on top of that building that does it!)

AdrianJacek
12-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I already loved playing through the game the first time. But I can say I appreciate it even more on my second walkthrough. Why? Because now I can notice many more details. Like the fact that one of the soldiers eavsdropped on in Execution is Everything was George W. himself. Pretty awesome. I do like when they put an important character that you don't know yet in the background (similar to Savonarola in Forli).
If you find more little details like that feel free to share them with us here, okay? :)