PDA

View Full Version : What actually is Assassin's Creed 3 (in a nutshell)

SaBoTourian
12-26-2012, 12:25 AM
In November, 2007, the first Assassin's Creed game was released. The game followed protagonist Desmond Miles as he lived the memories of his ancestors via a machine called The Animus.

One of the key points of the Assassin's Creed series on the whole; is that the game shows you history firsthand.

- In the first Assassin's Creed game you see moments from the Third Crusade in 1189, as well as roughly what basic life was like.

- In Assassin's Creed 2 the player gets the chance to explore Venice and Rome during the time of the Renaissance. A particularly exciting feature is to meet Leonardo da Vinci and see his genius in action as he designs and creates authentic machines that are actually based on real designs sketched by him!

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is similar to the second title; mostly staying in late renaissance Rome and advancing on the previous story.

- Assassin's Creed Revelations explores the Desmond's past more than the previous games and is mainly based in Constantinople (Istanbul), where the player watches the rise and fall of the city as the two brothers Selim and Ahmet both are vying for control.

The most recent title is Assassin's Creed 3; which is what I mainly aim to cover in this post.

Assassin's Creed 3 is set in the 18th Century where the player plays the role of Connor, who's half British; half Mohawk.
As this is the time of the civil war, when playing as Connor, the player sees him go through difficult decisions as he chooses to side with either the British or the American forces.

At the beginning of the game the player explores Connor's back-story by seeing Connor's father, Haytham, in his later years as a British agent. This puts the rest of Connor's story into context and helps the player understand more of the struggle between the various organisations that are locked in this conflict.
When Connor later meets his father, more understanding of the background plot is revealed; helping the player empathize with the protagonist.

Assassin's Creed 3 shows the player many critical events that took place in the war for independence, such as The Battle of Bunker Hill; The Boston Tea Party and the actual signing of The Declaration of Independence.

This third title contains a fair amount of violence as it depicts several key battles in the revolution, there is slight gore; but this will not affect most mature players.
There is also an amount of bad language, however a lot of this is either in French or is of 18th century origin. Once again, for mature players, this probably will not even be noticed.

Overall Assassin's Creed 3 is an excellent sequel to the previous games; where the player will get to understand in detail; historical events and empathize with key figures in the American Revolution for independence. I highly recommend it.

Grovanor
12-26-2012, 06:41 AM
K

DisturbedJim83
12-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Totally Disagree it may well be a sequel to the previous games however there is no way I would call this excellent the only part of the game thats any good is the Naval Missions and even they are flawed .It is not of High enough quality to be worth the $60/40 AAA title price

csmallo
12-27-2012, 01:44 AM
AC3 is a piss poor console game ported to the PC. Never again will I spend one dime on a Ubisoft game. Not after the messes that are AC3 and Far Cry 3. I am a PC gamer, not a 12 year old on a console.