PDA

View Full Version : AC Moments That Made You Cry

RinoTheBouncer
12-25-2012, 12:04 PM
As the title said. List the most powerful moment(s) that brought tears to your eyes.

Here are my moments:

Ezio (AC:R, Masyaf): "Desmond?!"

Ezio (AC:Embers, Ending): "Mia Sofia, forever yours, Ezio"

Ezio and Assassins (AC:B, To Cesare and the rest): "Victori agli asesini!"

Ezio meets Altair in the Library

Altair, after old age meets his allies in Masyaf when they don't recognize him and talk about Altair

Desmond and William Miles hug in Abstergo

Maria: "Strength Altair!"

Connor: "ESSTAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

Connor (To Charles Lee): "To find you"

GoldyTart
12-25-2012, 12:10 PM
The last Homestead mission where you had to bury Achilles while in the background you hear his voice from the letter talking to Connor on how proud he is to be a mentor. That really did it to me.

pirate1802
12-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Achilles's last letter to Connor

Connor's return to his deserted village in the epilogue

Ezio: Requescat en Pace Altair..

Connor's mother to Ratonhnhake:ton : You must go..

:'(

Lass4r
12-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe the most obvious one, but only because it's true.

The title scene for AC2.

Federico: "It is a good life we lead, brother"
Ezio: "The best. May it never change!"
Federico: "And may it never change us!"

*cue AC2 title*

It's even more impactful when you go back to AC2 after playing the game or even after ACB and ACR, because you know everything will change. Ezio continually gets pulled into battles he doesn't want to fight and isn't really ever at peace, not even in Embers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EoOojQkwOw

XLT sMasHerZZX
12-25-2012, 01:11 PM
That moment when I pushed a Redcoat off a building and the way he fell... So sad, he had a family!

I later killed his family.

she-assassin
12-25-2012, 02:06 PM
The Lost Archive DLC. Don't even ask...

shobhit7777777
12-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Lots of them in the Ezio trilogy

a few notable ones -

ACR - When Ezio meets Altair

ACII - The hanging of Ezio's brothers and father

MatejPuk1997
12-25-2012, 03:22 PM
The moment when Cristina dies in Ezio's hands realy sad :'(

TheSpong
12-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Nothing about the games has ever made me emotional, but then I don't play for the story, I never have, I play for the game. Here's a revelation that will probably stun most of the people here; I skip 95% of the cutscenes during my first playthrough. The only time I leave a cutscene playing is when I want to go and make a drink.

@Rino
Are you the same Rino I once knew at the Eidos forum?

Fez.S
12-25-2012, 03:54 PM
1. Connor running to his burning village crying
2. When I discovered Connor is scared of fire. He covers his face when u get close to a fire (he doesn't do this when he's a kid).

playassassins1
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
1. Ezio's death. The music from AC II in the background and his speech just made it an unforgettable moment.
2. Altair's Death in ACR. After all he went through, he finally had a moment of peace.

There's many other moments, but these are the ones that I really hold dear, and will never forget.

SixKeys
12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
The only moment where I even came close was the scene in AC3 when Desmond gets frustrated with Juno's vagueness and finally reflects on the fact that he killed Lucy.

TheSpong
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
1. Ezio's death. The music from AC II in the background and his speech just made it an unforgettable moment.

That's something I did actually watch, and I have to admit it was quite well done. I'd been playing as Ezio since AC2 so it seemed only right that I at least do him the justice of not skipping his final act. Altair's presence in those scene meant nothing to me though. I've never played AC1 and his sections in Revelations were, quite frankly, rubbish, so I never felt anything but indifference towards him..

MasterRaynor
12-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Not really cried but I am super pissed when Conner killed his own father

Dejan507
12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
None, but granted I can never cry unless there is some kind of sad melody in the background, only time it came remotely close was when Clay's father left him a last message, and I didn't even play that but watch it on youtube..

Poodle_of_Doom
12-25-2012, 09:17 PM

The title scene for AC2.

*cue AC2 title*

It's even more impactful when you go back to AC2 after playing the game or even after ACB and ACR, because you know everything will change. Ezio continually gets pulled into battles he doesn't want to fight and isn't really ever at peace, not even in Embers.

This. This was my favorite moment to. I knew as soon as Federico spoke that line that nothing would be the same. That everything would change. Forever.

I knew right in that moment that the two had a very powerful connection, and that they meant a lot to each other. And yet, it was tragic, almost hurtful to know that Federico was going to die, and there was absolutely nothing you could do about it.

The only thing I would add to this is that the music really helped to make the moment for me here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBUiu_m70KQ

None, but granted I can never cry unless there is some kind of sad melody in the background, only time it came remotely close was when Clay's father left him a last message, and I didn't even play that but watch it on youtube..

I don't recall having seen that part. Do you have a link to the video?

pacmanate
12-25-2012, 09:38 PM
the lost archive dlc. Don't even ask...

lol!!! Hadhhahshahhaijkjajakakak jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kriegerdesgottes
12-25-2012, 09:41 PM
ACIII is the only AC game that managed to get close. It was the part where Connor is running into the burning house to his mother. That part gets me every time.

Kaschra
12-25-2012, 10:10 PM
- The ending of Revelations with Ezio meeting Altair's skelleton, Altair's death and Ezio talking to Desmond - I cried like a waterfall
- Some of Clay's glyphs (his desperation, his pain... urgh ;__; )
- The Lost Archive
- Assassin's Creed Embers - the ending with Ezio's death. His letter combined with the music and Ezio's last smile. NO. NO. NO ;___;
- Achilles' death (especially Connor talking to his grave...)
- The deaths of Haytham, Ziio and Yusuf (characters I love... they just... die...whyyyyyyyyyy)
- The mentor's return (especially when Altair sees the visions of Maria...)
- the Auditore execution

And this, oh this so much

The title scene for AC2.

*cue AC2 title*

Dejan507
12-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't recall having seen that part. Do you have a link to the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjvejFm0Ykg

It starts at 09:30, always gets me, the way he says "Let me know you're okay"..

Kaschra
12-25-2012, 10:31 PM
I forgot one from AC3:

Desmond: Hey Dad, when this is all over, can I... you know... come home?
William: I would like nothing more.

I already knew at that time that Desmond would die, which makes it worse.

OmegaRomik
12-25-2012, 10:52 PM
AC3: little conner in the beggining right before he turns teen. I cried.

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Connor`s Village burning, Achilles` grave digging and Yusuf`s death..

Did not really cry with Yusuf, but just...it was so unexpected...

pacmanate
12-25-2012, 11:00 PM
AC:R, at how GOD DAM BAD IT WAS

ACfan443
12-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Nothing has made me cry in the AC series. I was expecting some tear jerking from AC3, but I wasn't fazed by anything, not even the death of Connor's mother. I really wanted her death to be emotional and moving, but for me it wasn't. Also, I find it weird how a six year old doesn't cry while witnessing his mother about to be burned alive.

If anything, the ending made me cry, and for completely the wrong reasons.

I forgot one from AC3:

Desmond: Hey Dad, when this is all over, can I... you know... come home?
William: I would like nothing more.

I already knew at that time that Desmond would die, which makes it worse.

I think the part where they were discussing holidays was the most obvious foreshadowing of his death, poor Dessie.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-26-2012, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjvejFm0Ykg

It starts at 09:30, always gets me, the way he says "Let me know you're okay"..

Thanks!

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Nothing about the games has ever made me emotional, but then I don't play for the story, I never have, I play for the game. Here's a revelation that will probably stun most of the people here; I skip 95% of the cutscenes during my first playthrough. The only time I leave a cutscene playing is when I want to go and make a drink.

@Rino
Are you the same Rino I once knew at the Eidos forum?

If he's a RinoTheBouncer then I'm the very same xD OMG I never thought I'd meet someone from back there again! AAAAAA glad to meet u again. I remember the name well xD

The Lost Archive DLC. Don't even ask...

The Lost Archive and the AC:R Desmond's Journey levels to me are an experience not just a DLC or extras. They're absolutely emotional and touching! I agree with you.

Extrarium_v1
12-27-2012, 10:34 AM
#1 Being when Ezio tells Desmond that his life had no other meaning or purpose in life but to just be a messenger for Desmond. It was as if that no matter what Ezio achieved, his only true purpose was just to be the means of communication for the first civ to Desmond, and his life had no true value beyond that. Actually made me say out loud "Wait wait wait, no no, Ezio you were more than that! You're life has more to it than that!".

LoyalACFan
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Also, I find it weird how a six year old doesn't cry while witnessing his mother about to be burned alive.

To be fair, it hadn't really sank in yet. Last year, I walked into my granddad's living room and found him dead from a heart attack. I freaked out, panicked, called 911, but I didn't cry until many hours later. In an unexpected moment of crisis like that, I think Connor's behavior was hauntingly realistic, trying to drag her out from under the rubble even when he knew it was a lost cause...

So yeah, perhaps because of my experiences with my grandfather, that scene hit me pretty hard. But the Revelations/Embers death scenes made me bawl like a child on several occasions for the same reason, since I played them like a week after my grandpa died. Yusuf and Altair were hard, but Ezio's death was almost unbearable. I was an emotional wreck. Seeing Sofia and Flavia turn around and see him there in the market like that... By God. I saw myself in them.

ACfan443
12-27-2012, 04:33 PM
To be fair, it hadn't really sank in yet. Last year, I walked into my granddad's living room and found him dead from a heart attack. I freaked out, panicked, called 911, but I didn't cry until many hours later. In an unexpected moment of crisis like that, I think Connor's behavior was hauntingly realistic, trying to drag her out from under the rubble even when he knew it was a lost cause...

So yeah, perhaps because of my experiences with my grandfather, that scene hit me pretty hard. But the Revelations/Embers death scenes made me bawl like a child on several occasions for the same reason, since I played them like a week after my grandpa died. Yusuf and Altair were hard, but Ezio's death was almost unbearable. I was an emotional wreck. Seeing Sofia and Flavia turn around and see him there in the market like that... By God. I saw myself in them.

Wow, that's sad, must've been awful having to walk in on something like that. I've not had the experience of a family member dying yet, which is why I don't know what it's truly like. The only reason I found it weird that Connor didn't cry is because he was a kid, and I thought he would be emotionally distraught and flooded in tears at the sight of something so awful with such a fragile mental state. But I guess like you said, it probably didn't sink in for him at that moment

Rogue-Eaglet
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
I've only really cried for that scene with Ezio walking to find Altair's skeleton.

Other than that, I did get my heartstrings pulled with the deaths of Yusuf, Maria, and Haytham. That moment where Desmond asks his father if he can return home afterwards. Flavia turning around to find her father dead. Achilles' letter after his death and especially when one realizes what the name Connor truly meant for him. Replaying the burning of Connor's village, knowing full well what awaits - and him returning to it years later for the epilogue.

the_atm
12-27-2012, 04:53 PM
The beggining to ACII when his family is hung.

AC3's begining when the village is on fire, than when his mother tells him to go. yes twice.
end of homestead missions... "Press [ ] to dig..." AND when you hang the picture...
When you return to the the village after the game...
When you kill the evil templar after the... kinda drunk battle at the fort...

yes i'm trying to keep away spoilers.
and these arn't full on "wha!!! I can't see the screen through my tears of pure manlyness. my tears of pure testosterone that burns through metal!" It's just... tearing up, maybe a single tear escapes my clutches.

it was funny after the homestead stuff and hanging the picture because I looked outside and saw some kids playing soccer and I thought to my self "How could you be having a fun time right now! do you not know what I have just gone through!" lol

ToughGuy31
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
I don't cry, I'm too tough for that. But I did think the last conversation between Connor and his mom was sad.

ToughGuy31
12-28-2012, 08:00 AM

Sorry for your loss, if that makes it any better.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't cry, I'm too tough for that.

First thought that came to my mind:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3toweSXDukc/TUIJSI2IpoI/AAAAAAAAAAw/yVNunl65HYI/s1600/fist-pump-baby.jpg

lothario-da-be
12-28-2012, 06:53 PM
First thought that came to my mind:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3toweSXDukc/TUIJSI2IpoI/AAAAAAAAAAw/yVNunl65HYI/s1600/fist-pump-baby.jpg
haha i <3 facebook memes!

lothario-da-be
12-28-2012, 06:55 PM
I never realy cried, but christinas and Ezio's death let roll some tears.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-29-2012, 04:51 AM
Seriously guys, let's quit with the double posts....

Paribissee
12-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Connor`s Village burning...

I just play replayed that mission yesterday and it did it for me when Connor had to leave her mother to die:(

Lass4r
12-29-2012, 01:08 PM
I never realy cried, but christinas and Ezio's death let roll some tears.
I never really cry, but I did cry twice? :p

zacksporen
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
The last Altair flashback from AC:R when he's talking with his son. Darim turns to him and says "All that is good in me. Began with you, father." I wept like a baby, still do.

pacmanate
12-29-2012, 03:14 PM
You lot are crybabies. Why not at least cry at AC:R! IT WAS HORRID!

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I never really cry, but I did cry twice? :p
I'll explain the differince, crying:http://www.google.be/imgres?q=crying+man&num=10&hl=nl&newwindow=1&tbo=d&tbm=isch&tbnid=9j5GXIwv97vK9M:&imgrefurl=http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/60029-Crying-Men-Attractive-Or-A-Turn-Off&docid=q7DLd9Q7COO9HM&imgurl=http://www.imnotthatdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/crying-man2-290x290.jpg&w=290&h=290&ei=Sj_fUPGeDsbRhAehzIC4BA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=372&sig=106380265024264048727&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=139&start=0&ndsp=47&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0,i:129&tx=73&ty=39&biw=1575&bih=989
some tears rolling:http://www.google.be/imgres?q=crying+boy&hl=nl&newwindow=1&tbo=d&tbm=isch&tbnid=aeescMLH8Vn3CM:&imgrefurl=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3172354/The-Curse-of-the-Crying-Boy-is-solved-by-Steve-Punt.html&docid=DDtWo81ns4wlcM&imgurl=http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01140/boy_1140711a.jpg&w=280&h=390&ei=JEDfUI2fEcW0hAfL8oD4BQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=197&vpy=258&dur=2634&hovh=265&hovw=190&tx=148&ty=104&sig=106380265024264048727&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=103&start=0&ndsp=54&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:107&biw=1575&bih=989
I mean it were maybe 2-3 little tears

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I`m replaying it now. I`m amazed at Constantinople`s beauty..

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:33 PM
The only bad thing about revelations was its lenght and amount of side missions.

lothario-da-be
12-29-2012, 08:34 PM
And assassin-M, your signature fits you realy well :p

IronEagl3
I wouldn't say I ever cried, but I got that feeling inside that I did wanna cry

AC1 - Nothing
AC2 - Beginning when Ezio and his bro climb that church
ACB - Nothing
ACR - Altair's death; Ezio giving the speech in Altair's library; the assassination of the under cover Janissary
AC3 - Connor's mom's death; killing your friend; death of Haytham; death of Charles Lee; when Connor removes the axe; when Connor goes back to his village in the epilogue and noone is there; Going back to the Abstergo room as Desmond; Pretty much the whole ending

Assassin_M
The only bad thing about revelations was its lenght and amount of side missions.
Yeah..

didn't find much else to cry about really.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
And assassin-M, your signature fits you realy well :p
Thank MT4K..

He gave it to me for Christmas :p

Said it fit me very well too xD

Thanks, bro

RinoTheBouncer
12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
The last Altair flashback from AC:R when he's talking with his son. Darim turns to him and says "All that is good in me. Began with you, father." I wept like a baby, still do.

Me too! this one was so **** powerful!

Chariflame
12-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I've shed a few tears during the series ("May it never change..." "And may it never change us.") but I'm gonna be real here and say that Revelations made me cry the most. Call it a bad game or have your negative opinions about it, but it was emotional as hell. The fact that ACIII didn't have much of an emotional impact on me at all is probably the main reason why I favour Revelations.

Yusuf, Sixteen's deletion, the entire ending from Darim and Altair onwards (especially Ezio talking to Desmond), most of The Lost Archive, and Embers... :'(

ToughGuy31
01-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I've shed a few tears during the series ("May it never change..." "And may it never change us.") but I'm gonna be real here and say that Revelations made me cry the most. Call it a bad game or have your negative opinions about it, but it was emotional as hell. The fact that ACIII didn't have much of an emotional impact on me at all is probably the main reason why I favour Revelations.

Yusuf, Sixteen's deletion, the entire ending from Darim and Altair onwards (especially Ezio talking to Desmond), most of The Lost Archive, and Embers... :'(
While it isn't on par with the rest of the AC franchise, your right, it is pretty good in terms of story. And emotional.