PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV - Idea, setting.

Poorte2211
12-25-2012, 01:27 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyglY7gBahegvM_MpoXor7v56pa0uhQ VhtrH7zsHZnqTVON77NucVzfLY6yA

After all the games have sequels, i've been thinking about a prequel or at least a setting that steps back in time,
showing us the very first beginning of the templars in the age of Maya, their civilization, their calender and most importantly the ancient Assassin.

Wouldn't it be awesome to play as an Assassin in ancient Mayan cities?

Let me know what you think!

ToughGuy31
12-25-2012, 02:55 AM
I want fuedal Japan more. I'm not to interested in playing that far back. Cool idea though.

Auditore8
12-25-2012, 06:12 AM
So many people want Feudal Japan, but in all Ubisoft's interviews they say they won't do Japan because the era is "boring and not a pivotal moment in history" sure it'd be cool to be a Samurai Assassin but that's so highly unlikely. There are reports that the next setting will be Brazil, and again Ubisoft has stated that they don't want to create trilogies so seeing Connor again wouldn't be likely. But Brazil could bring something cool, I don't know much about the history but I'm sure there's something cool there...

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 06:14 AM
So many people want Feudal Japan, but in all Ubisoft's interviews they say they won't do Japan because the era is "boring and not a pivotal moment in history" sure it'd be cool to be a Samurai Assassin but that's so highly unlikely. There are reports that the next setting will be Brazil, and again Ubisoft has stated that they don't want to create trilogies so seeing Connor again wouldn't be likely. But Brazil could bring something cool, I don't know much about the history but I'm sure there's something cool there...
No such thing as "Not a Pivotal time in history"

Also, that Brazil report, it`s been refuted.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-25-2012, 07:59 AM
French Revolution or another setting?Someone needs to make Connor a master assassin.And Mayan isn't the very first beginnings of the Templar or Assassins.Probably the aftermath of first disaster or even the TWCB era.It depends on Alex and Corey.I'd love french or Indian setting,both have an interesting history.

souNdwAve89
12-25-2012, 08:52 AM
I am good with any time period, but I would like to see a game involving Shao Jun.

ToughGuy31
01-01-2013, 10:22 PM
I am good with any time period, but I would like to see a game involving Shao Jun.
That would be pretty cool.

Sushiglutton
01-01-2013, 11:58 PM
I watched the movie "Apocalypto" for the second time a few weeks ago. First time I saw i,t back in 2006, I didn't thought it was that special, but now I though it was super, super awesome. Given the quality of the frontier in AC3 I would love a Maya-game :D!

No such thing as "Not a Pivotal time in history"

Also, that Brazil report, it`s been refuted.

Are 100% you sure it was refuted (source)? I know the site changed the quote without saying why (Kevin Van Ord who is editor at Gamespot confirmed that the article on the Portugese site changed the wording).

exkrima
01-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Well for me, decisions are always final, but always subject to change. =)
btw guys, awesome ideas!

I watched the movie "Apocalypto" for the second time a few weeks ago. First time I saw i,t back in 2006, I didn't thought it was that special, but now I though it was super, super awesome. Given the quality of the frontier in AC3 I would love a Maya-game http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png!

^jaguar! or jagar? whatever. awesome hunter, poison frog plus needles plus straw equals kill

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 01:49 AM
The creator of the Assassins is Al Mualim, Altair's mentor in AC I. So there would be no other story other than Al Mualim's.

Feudal Japan would be interesting. It marks the day when Japan became independent from Korea (True fact) and the fact that Ubisoft made a game centered around the American Revolution, is just annoying. Why can't we learn about Japan's past?

And I bet Ubisoft will make an AC game where the Ancestor is an Assassin during WW I or WW II. I want to be a Samurai Assassin, as that's just epic. Or even if Ubisoft can give us a two handed Katana in AC III, it would be awesome! I just want to use a Katana in an Assassin's Creed game!

playassassins1
01-02-2013, 01:59 AM
The creator of the Assassinsis Al Mualim, Altair's mentor in AC I. So there would be no other story other than Al Mualim's.

Not really. The founder was Hassan I-Sabbah.

LoyalACFan
01-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Not really interested, because there was no formal Assassin Brotherhood in the New World until John De La Tour came over. Which means no Assassins vs. Templar war, which is kind of a big part of the series. Plus, no hidden blades. So no.

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Not really interested, because there was no formal Assassin Brotherhood in the New World until John De La Tour came over. Which means no Assassins vs. Templar war, which is kind of a big part of the series. Plus, no hidden blades. So no.

There would be Hidden Blades, hell, Hidden Blades don't even exist in real life, so Hidden Blades could be added anywhere in time..

Not really. The founder was Hassan I-Sabbah.

In the AC Universe Al Mualim is the creator.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 02:40 AM
In the AC Universe Al Mualim is the creator.
Actually, No...We dont have a definitive name for the creator of the Assassins` Ideals, but the Order present during the Crusades was indeed created by Hassan Il-Sabbah. both in real life and in the game universe.

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 03:17 AM
Actually, No...We dont have a definitive name for the creator of the Assassins` Ideals, but the Order present during the Crusades was indeed created by Hassan Il-Sabbah. both in real life and in the game universe.

I heard from Robert De Sable in AC I that Al Mualim and the other 9 'Templars' were once Allies, but Al Mualim wanted the Apple Of Eden for himself and betrayed the other 9. Then he created the Assassin Order to oppose these so called 'Templars'.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 03:25 AM
I heard from Robert De Sable in AC I that Al Mualim and the other 9 'Templars' were once Allies, but Al Mualim wanted the Apple Of Eden for himself and betrayed the other 9. Then he created the Assassin Order to oppose these so called 'Templars'.
Robert never said that Al-mualim created the order to oppose the Templars. The Assassins existed since BC and the creator of the Order itself was Hassan il-Sabbah. It`s all in the AC encyclopedia book

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Robert never said that Al-mualim created the order to oppose the Templars. The Assassins existed since BC and the creator of the Order itself was Hassan il-Sabbah. It`s all in the AC encyclopedia book

Robert still said that Al Mualim created the Assassin Order. Maybe he meant Al Mualim created the Assassin Order during the Crusade?

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Robert still said that Al Mualim created the Assassin Order. Maybe he meant Al Mualim created the Assassin Order during the Crusade?
Show me when Robert said such a thing...

I recently finished AC I and i`m certain Robert says nothing of Al-Mualim creating the Order..

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 03:56 AM
Show me when Robert said such a thing...

I recently finished AC I and i`m certain Robert says nothing of Al-Mualim creating the Order..

He tells you it at the very end, once you kill him. That's why you rush back to [enter cities name] and speak with Malik. Then they rush to Masyaf and see what Al Mualim's done to the place due to the Apple.

I've literally just this second finished AC I.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5Zd_m3RII

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 04:06 AM
He tells you it at the very end, once you kill him. That's why you rush back to [enter cities name] and speak with Malik. Then they rush to Masyaf and see what Al Mualim's done to the place due to the Apple.

I've literally just this second finished AC I.
I guess you either have the memory of a fish, or you dont pay attention to the plot, because that`s the second mistake you`v done in the story`s structure. Altair goes to Malik first before going to arsuf, then kills Robert and later returns to masyaf. He never goes back to Malik in Jerusalem.

Also, Point out the second he mentions Al-Mualim creating the Order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWixjQQA5YQ

Death_Aflame
01-02-2013, 04:19 AM
I guess you either have the memory of a fish, or you dont pay attention to the plot, because that`s the second mistake you`v done in the story`s structure. Altair goes to Malik first before going to arsuf, then kills Robert and later returns to masyaf. He never goes back to Malik in Jerusalem.

Also, Point out the second he mentions Al-Mualim creating the Order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWixjQQA5YQ

I must'a made a mistake lol, yeah, you're right haha