PDA

View Full Version : Question about content

Lord-Crowmarsh
12-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I have bought the AC's in the past and enjoy them with there story lines bar a few annoying things. Anyway I still haven't bought this version due to the story line.

I posted a question many months ago asking if this version was just completely biased towards the yankie point of view. I was assured this was not the case but since that and the game release all the trailers seem to be talking about the yankee revolution and even the cover has a yankee flag on it.

I really want to get the game but would not appreciate playing in a yankie glory fest. If the story is indeed not tied so much to the yanks why the cover and why the biased trailers? Can someone give me a broad outline of the story? Thank you.

Jexx21
12-24-2012, 06:32 PM
what the hell is a yankie?

can't even spell your own insults right; it's yankee

TheSpong
12-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Unless Ubi decided to throw history away, a game covering the war of independence was never going to be any other way, was it?
I suspect your own idea of what the story contains probably isn't far off the truth. The key players of the war are all there, as are the key events, Ubi just weave their own Templar vs Assassins theme into the mix. As a Brit, I personally don't see or feel any overboard or unwarranted American patriotism in AC3.

GoldyTart
12-24-2012, 06:46 PM
To make it spoilerless, I'll try very hard.
There isn't any kind of RAH RAH U'merica, unless you count the mini game of capturing the fort. All characters have their criticism and no one should trust anybody.

Just play it with an open mind and like an outsider, literally.

Lord-Crowmarsh
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Thank you theSpong and desmond~s17. I might give it a go. Jexx21 I meant no insult to anyone I just get fed up playing games that are so obviously a marketing ploy to keep the yankEEs happy. I don't blame the people I blame the companies.

PS you must be a septic then Jexx21 cause I managed to spell revolution wrong but you took more offence at Yankee, LOL. I have corrected the post just for you. I hope you feel special now.