PDA

View Full Version : Why does cost to craft go up?

merckk
12-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Am i missing something? Doesn't make any sense that it would cost 25 to make a batch of bricks and then the next time around it'll cost 50 and then 75 etc

Also, how do you make any money in this game to buy any weapons or ship upgrades? Pretty much all the money I've found comes from chests. The money you make from convoys and assassin missions doesn't seem worth the time it takes to start them.

UbiVolfbane
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
A nice little method I use to make money is to buy Fur (bear fur sells alot) and send it out on convoy to the highest buyer. Later down the road after all your upgrades you'll be swimming in money as long as you sell the right things to the right people. Also forts generally have some nice loot in their chests as well.

tcplotts
12-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Am i missing something? Doesn't make any sense that it would cost 25 to make a batch of bricks and then the next time around it'll cost 50 and then 75 etc

Also, how do you make any money in this game to buy any weapons or ship upgrades? Pretty much all the money I've found comes from chests. The money you make from convoys and assassin missions doesn't seem worth the time it takes to start them.

no idea about part 1. I limit my production in the rare moments that I craft, which I largely don't do anymore.
As for cash, frankly, my favorite method is to hit the frontier, memorize the hot spots with beavers and bears, and just hunt my tail off while sending my assassins on missions at the same time (you can't use them in the frontier, so it's the best place to do those guild quests). The cash register will ring up pretty quickly doing this. Frontier has some really good hot spots for hunting. THis eliminates the need to manage convoys and risk management as well. There are two stores that are right adjacent to solid hunting areas and those areas will regenerate when you hop in and sell things. Pop out and repeat.