PDA

View Full Version : UBI's mod link policy..... Time to reassess.

Bearcat99
12-23-2012, 09:15 PM
In light of the reality of the day .. Is it possible that the mod policy of this board can be reassessed to allow links to mod sites.. I mean... Oleg split.. Ilya split... Maddox Games? Where are they..? 1C has merged with 777 on the next project.. CoD is in purgatory right now and it's ongoing developement, even if by modders, is still in a wait and see state but the devs have jumped ship.

It seems silly as all get out to me for the same policy that was set in July of 2008 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/521827-Revised-forum-policy-concerning-the-discussion-of-mods-on-these-boards) to still stand.

IMO that policy needs to be revisited and amended. The fact that this sim is still getting new users nearly 12 years after it's release is in itself an amazing thing to me.. but 4 years later.. it is a different world.. Heck the official site for the sim

How about it UBI?

Bearcat99
12-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Hmmm 94 looks and no responses.. I thought sure a mod would at least pop in here with something.

gothkrieger
12-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I guess there are other forums on the web that deal with mods and mod issues and the idea may be to keep this open for the basic version of the game without having to address the extra variables introduced with mods.

Heliopause
12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
No changes to my knowledge Bearcat (maybe next year..who knows??? :p)

oho...back to the dinnertable

Bearcat99
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
goth.. I understand that there are other forums (duhh :o) .. but the change that I was talking about was in allowing links.. so that any questions can be sent directly to the source.. The disclaimer could still stand and the policy on direct support for the mods them selves would not have to change .. Just a suggestion for an inquiry.. Considering how the evolution of allowing the discussion of mods in the first place came about.. I thought that it might not be as difficult as some might think.

I hope you guys had a Merry.. :) Thanks for responding..

gothkrieger
12-28-2012, 07:41 AM
RGR Bear, did not read that carefully enough, overlooked the "links" aspect of your post.

Tully__
12-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I'll raise it again after the xmas break, currently management are all busy dealing with the chrissy pressy support rush or on leave. Last time we asked for a review ('bout 12 months back IIRC) they turned us down because the "unofficial and unapproved" status of the mods hadn't changed and allowing any sort of direct mention here might be seen as condoning the mods regardless of their quality. We have to check if the current situation changes this.

gothkrieger
12-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Humm what version of IL2 is considered to be "not modded"? Technically the current version of IL2 v. 4.11.1, is a "modded" version, is it not?
Is it just a case of who the modder is? One can hardly say that everything is right with the current version, so is it a case of who’s best guess is officially recognized here.

Don't get me wrong, I respect all the time and effort that goes into improving and making changes, especially when they have a life and don't get paid for their effort.
All I can do is hope they get it right and base it on best facts and not bias.

Bearcat99
12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking.. but of course whatever is decided.. but i was talking about just being able to say go here .. with a link.. because this is not going anywhere ..it is what it is.. We'll see I guess.