PDA

View Full Version : Downloader/Install problem

colacubes
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Since yesterday I have downloaded this game FOUR times and EVERY time it extracts past rar23 then its error town. Everything to follow fails to extract.

I'm not downloading another 15gig until I get an explaination.
I got FC3 via digital download 2 weeks ago which worked fine from your service so I doubt its a prob my end really.

Here is the red txt that pops up in the installer every time. Get told to close everything and restart the computer and try again. Ive done this 3 times per download, so thats 12 attempts.

Cannot create ISSetup.dll
Cannot create setup.exe
Cannot create Support\DirectX\DSETUP.dll
Cannot create Support\DirectX\dsetup32.dll
Cannot create Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe
Cannot create Support\GameLauncher\UplayInstaller.exe
Cannot create Support\PunkBuster\pbsvc.exe
Cannot create Support\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe
Cannot create Support\VCRedist\vcredist_x86_2008SP1.exe
Cannot create Support\VCRedist\vcredist_x86_sp1.exe
Cannot create _Setup.dll
Cannot create Autorun.exe

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi, I suggest opening a ticket with our Technical Support team http://support.ubi.com/

colacubes
12-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Got it working. Had to download and install it on another pc, drag it into my external HDD and copy it over to my PC. This didn't actually run, but it DID trick UPLAY into recognizing the game and left me download it AGAIN within Uplay, except this time it worked....

If UPLAY just let you input the product key FIRST, so I could download a working copy straight away, there would have been no problem. The whole back to front style of downloading, then linking to your account makes no sense to me. Maybe Uplay wants to approach things differently than Steam, but Steam dominates this corner of the market for a reason.
At least it's not as complex as Origin which took me through SEVEN steps to purchase. install and play BF3...

Though it is up and running, there seems to be a 30% chance or so that the game blue screens my PC when it auto saves after a sequence ends. No other game has ever done this to me and that includes most of your titles.

tl;dr The effort to fun ratio is not worth it.