PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AC3 install.

Meelocheck
12-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I got the game free with the purchase of a new gfx card. I am having issues with the install. I dl'd the game with no problems. I was able to change the directory and dl the game to my B: drive instead of my C: because my C: drive is getting a little short on space. After the download the thing starts to install all by itself - and it starts installing to my C: drive. Naturally it stops because it runs out of space giving me a "disc is probably full" error or something to that effect. Great - it leaves me less than 1 free gig on my C: drive.

I looked for the directory where it says it is installing the files to and nothing - it doesn't exist. Maybe it is hidden somewhere else or something, I have no idea. I tried to make some room on my C: drive and install again but it stops, running out of room. Now I am stuck with a 1/2 installed game that I can't find - or even delete for that matter. I have almost no space left on my C: for anything. I want to be able to install the game on my B: but there is no way to do so that I can find.

Basically I want to know how I can delete the files the game tried to install on my C: drive and how can I install this game to another drive other than my C:? Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading or taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

YazX_
12-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Go to control panel --> program and features then search for it, select it and hit uninstall.

P.S: if you cant find it, which windows you have and is it 64 or 32 bit?

Meelocheck
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
I tried that. It just doesn't show up on the list. I am guessing because it isn't fully installed. It quits at step 7, or section 7, or something 7...Leaves me with little room on C: and no way to free it up.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit. I even tried the search feature at the bottom when you click on start and it can't locate it either. It says it is installing, or putting this crap in: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\AC3

There is no "appdata" folder and that's where the trail comes to an end. I have gone into my Windows folder and found a Temp folder, emptied that, and tried cleaning up the C: drive, but none of that did anything.

Now the AC3 folder I created is on my B: drive, which is where I downloaded the game to. In this folder is the SetUp Part 1 file. It has the little .exe icon next to it. The rest of the items are .rar files about 716,000 bytes in size. There are 23 all together. This is all on the B: drive so it shouldn't matter. I want to know how ot get what is partially installed off of my C: drive.

Thanks for the reply.

YazX_
12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
OK, you need to tick Show hidden folders in windows explorer, to do that, you need to bring up the menu bar by going to Organize --> Layout --> Menu Bar.

Then you need to go to Tools --> Folder Options ---> View Tab.

OR

Organize --> Folders and search options --> View Tab.

Then Select the Radio Button which says "Show Hidden Folders, Files and drives". After that you will see the AppData folder under that path.

And i think its not installing, it just unzips the files you have downloaded to that location, then it would run Setup.exe from the extracted files to install the game. i read in other posts that you cant change that location unless you extract it yourself by using Winrar program -its the best and free-, so you must freeup disk space to install the game, when the installer runs, you can choose the folder to install to. then you can safely delete the folder inside appdata folder after installation is completed.

DONT DELETE APPDATA FOLDER, you will damage your windows installation, just remove the temp folder for AC3 extracted files. if i were you, i would download winrar and extract the files myself on the location i want. its up to u though.

Meelocheck
12-22-2012, 08:28 PM
OK, you need to tick Show hidden folders in windows explorer, to do that, you need to bring up the menu bar by going to Organize --> Layout --> Menu Bar.

Then you need to go to Tools --> Folder Options ---> View Tab.

OR

Organize --> Folders and search options --> View Tab.

Then Select the Radio Button which says "Show Hidden Folders, Files and drives". After that you will see the AppData folder under that path.

And i think its not installing, it just unzips the files you have downloaded to that location, then it would run Setup.exe from the extracted files to install the game. i read in other posts that you cant change that location unless you extract it yourself by using Winrar program -its the best and free-, so you must freeup disk space to install the game, when the installer runs, you can choose the folder to install to. then you can safely delete the folder inside appdata folder after installation is completed.

DONT DELETE APPDATA FOLDER, you will damage your windows installation, just remove the temp folder for AC3 extracted files. if i were you, i would download winrar and extract the files myself on the location i want. its up to u though.

Awesome. I want to try this but I am stuck at the first step. How do I get to Organize\Layout\MenuBar? I've tried searching as well as looking in the control panel and I don't see that anywhere. The rest I am sure I can handle. I have already done some searching on this topic and have Winrar ready to go so I can install to another directory...That shouldn't be a problem. I appreciate the help - get me through the first step and I am golden from there.

YazX_
12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
open any folder (its called windows explorer :) ) and you will see the Organize at the top below the path

Meelocheck
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I found it. I used "Godmode" and found the show hidden icons feature that way. Sure enough that did the trick. I deleted the AC3 folder in there and I have that space on my C: drive back. Thanks very much for the help.

YazX_
12-22-2012, 08:53 PM
np , if you need any further help please let me know.