PDA

View Full Version : Black creek

lothario-da-be
12-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I only explored this part of the frontier yesterday and i'am blown away! By far the best area in ac3. The atmosphere is just perfect, especialy in the most far point in the area with the mist. Why are there no missions there? a shame, the same with New York.During the main story you barely visit New York.

roostersrule2
12-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Yea I know It's the best area in the game and it was neglected and as for NY I think a lot of missions were planned for the Great Fire but they cut that because of NPC's not reacting correctly.

ACfan443
12-22-2012, 12:30 PM
I love black creek, the tree navigation is awesome because the trees have such a varied structure, and the swampy look and atmosphere is very nice. I think it's the most unique area in the frontier.

pirate1802
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
The entire frontier is just brilliant I'm close to 50 hours into the game and I still find myself stunned by the beautiful horizons that come up while I travel through the frontier. But yeah, Black Creek is one of my favourite. It almost always rains when I'm there, making it even more awesome! xD

Locopells
12-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Yea I know It's the best area in the game and it was neglected and as for NY I think a lot of missions were planned for the Great Fire but they cut that because of NPC's not reacting correctly.

I wondered what happened to that...

xboxauditore
12-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Black creek is amazing, It's almost like an entire different place.

SixKeys
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I wondered what happened to that...

Same here. So many of the things I was looking forward to and that were hyped pre-release ended up on the cutting room floor (the Great Fire, lakes freezing, canoeing, getting desynced if you killed too many animals without taking their pelts...).

pirate1802
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
I once got the "Connor skinned every animal he killed" so I'm guessing if I go down that route I get desynched?

Sushiglutton
12-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah I agree it's the coolest area in the game. That atmosphere :eek:!

SixKeys
12-22-2012, 05:04 PM
I once got the "Connor skinned every animal he killed" so I'm guessing if I go down that route I get desynched?

How many did you have to kill before getting the message? I've sometimes gone on a killing spree with like 10 wolf carcasses next to me and no message.

CalgaryJay
12-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm replaying the game, for some reason I'm forgetting what Black Creek looks like, will have to check it out again. Personally I'm still loving Great Peace Hills, just love the summits & steep inclines, plus all the big game up there.

They really did an amazing job in the Frontier, I had very high expectations for it and it managed to even blow those away. Its a shame there's not more side missions or random quests to do out there. Even small skirmishes or enemy camps to stumble upon. If they re-use that area (which they really should) in the DLC and fill it up a lot more, it'd be incredible.

Aphex_Tim
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
The fort in Black Creek is quite awesome to attack. Especially at night during a thunderstorm; awesome atmosphere.
It's pretty much the only fort in which i can take out most enemies without anyone ever noticing. I just love strangling them with the ropedart from the trees, then hanging the captain.

r4inm4n1991
12-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Ill just say for people who havent find it, the cave where Desmond entered IS in the black creek, look for it.

Aphex_Tim
12-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Ill just say for people who havent find it, the cave where Desmond entered IS in the black creek, look for it.

I've heard this before but i've never found it. Anyone know where it is?

lothario-da-be
12-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I've heard this before but i've never found it. Anyone know where it is?
I don't remember where it was, i was walking in a cave, it was so dark. Made the schreen brighter and then i saw IT.