PDA

View Full Version : I've been hoping for this feature since number 2!!

the_atm
12-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Imagine this:
Your Ezio running through the streets, you clamber over some boxes and make your way to the roof tops. You running on the rooftops, jumping from roof to roof, you stop and look down, you see your target, you only want to take only one out so you can do what ever, you leap from the building but alas, you can't control yourself and out pops 2 hidden blades and you kill both targets...

Or this:
Your Ezio walking through the busy streets in Rome. crowds are pushing you all over the place, you see the guards ahead of you, due to the crowd, the normal 4 guards are spread out a little bit to much, one guard is hanging back, you go for the assassination but instead you kill 2 civilians to his left...

It's not hard to imagine this because... well it happened and still happens. imagine this:
Your Connor, running through the trees and quickly and nimble as a ghost. you come across your target, the officer. You want to take him down first so you can prolong the fight to see some sweet kill animations. Your positioned perfectly, you have your tomahawk at the read, you lock on and you leap from your tree perch... but alas! the hidden blades come out and you take out the Officer and one of his men.

Again... not hard to imagine. Ever since number 2 i've always wanted an option to, on the fly, pick whether I want a double assassination or a single. In Assassin's creed 3 it's been made easier because with the tomahawk or sword or fist or what ever you can only single assassinate, but from the sky it's atomatically double, which is a shame because the tomahawk air assassination is so cool. I know the fist air assassination is single but the tomahawk air assassination is, again, really cool!

What do you guys think?

ToughGuy31
12-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Yes. I want.

Bashilir
12-22-2012, 03:27 AM
I've tried several times to air assassinate from a tree or little perch with the tomahawk equipped ,but NO the game wants me to use hidden blades.. I don't understand why it's like this. :l

MT4K
12-22-2012, 10:42 AM
You can only assassinate with the Tomahawk on a single individual guard... It's quite annoying because it's not very often you will have a single guard with no others around him lol. It seems like if there is another guard anywhere near the guard you are after he will use the hidden blades to kill them both grr.. They should have locked dual air assassination to the high profile button and single air assassination to when using low profile.

Sushiglutton
12-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah that is weird. I think the tomahawk always killing one and the hidden blade two (if possible) would have been a good solution. Would make the two a little different. The game taking away control and changing weapon mid air is really lame.

Btw I'm having trouble double assassinating while I'm on the ground close to two guards with the hidden blade (or tomahawk) selected. Is this feature gone, because I can't get it to work? Or is it just less forgiving than before?

You can only assassinate with the Tomahawk on a single individual guard... It's quite annoying because it's not very often you will have a single guard with no others around him lol. It seems like if there is another guard anywhere near the guard you are after he will use the hidden blades to kill them both grr.. They should have locked dual air assassination to the high profile button and single air assassination to when using low profile.

Downside of that is that the coolest air assassinations are the ones where you are running and then trigger the kill. Like when you are stalking some troops, run up a fallen tree and then jump into the fight. But in that scenario you may still want to kill just one guard with the tomahawk.

MT4K
12-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah that is weird. I think the tomahawk always killing one and the hidden blade two (if possible) would have been a good solution. Would make the two a little different. The game taking away control and changing weapon mid air is really lame.

Btw I'm having trouble double assassinating while I'm on the ground close to two guards with the hidden blade (or tomahawk) selected. Is this feature gone, because I can't get it to work? Or is it just less forgiving than before?

Muhahaha an excuse to use this gif i made before lol. You have to hold the high profile button even if just for a split second while you press the kill button :p.

http://i.imgur.com/vVf8v.gif

Sushiglutton
12-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Muhahaha an excuse to use this gif i made before lol. You have to hold the high profile button even if just for a split second while you press the kill button :p.

Oh my that looks awesome :D! Ok bye for now I have to fire up the game and kill a bunch of guards. Thanks a lot!

lothario-da-be
12-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Thanks realy missed that too.

pacmanate
12-22-2012, 01:52 PM
This is why AC3 needs a manual :|

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 02:50 PM
This is why AC3 needs a manual :|
It does, it's inside the game somewhere.

lothario-da-be
12-22-2012, 04:19 PM
It does, it's inside the game somewhere.
It's inside somewhere... yeah, somewhere

ace3001
12-23-2012, 03:34 AM
It's inside somewhere... yeah, somewhere

It's in the Animus Training menu. But it doesn't explain much.

LoyalACFan
12-23-2012, 03:41 AM
If you REALLY want to Air Assassinate a single target, you can do it with your fists, then chop him with the tomahawk after the battle :p