PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 3= downgraded

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:03 AM
**i really hope the game developers see and read this**

first off im a huge assassins creed fan. i have every game, the collectors edition of assassins creed brotherhood, revelations, and 3. i even went out the first day i saw the commercial to preorder ac 3 to get the collectors hardcase. i have the hidden blade and i recently ordered to get the tamahawk replica. i even have all the achievements for the first three games and im working on finishing up for the last 2. i really love the story line and the games, and after playing revelations i thought man theres no way ubisoft can top revelations. and boy was i right. honestly i think that assassins creed 3 was a backstep. i did not like it all that much. i mean revelations came out and i was stoked. i loved the graphics, how it was so alive and in your face. i love the fighting style, how the kills and blood look realistic, the story line, the new things you could do like the bomb crafting, the animus training area where you focus on one thing at a time, and the ziplines. and most importantly how the game was fast at loading up things like the menu, map, missions, etc. and when i herd assassins creed 3 was comming out i was super excited. as soon as i got to the home screen i was already disapointed. 12/21/12? come one guys, its bad enough i have to see it on social media. i thought you guys had the time in the future like 2050 or something like that, and then once i get into the game i was serriously let down. first off i liked the graphics, it looks more real, but i wished it could be more vivid like revalations. but here are the cons. number 1: i completely hate how you guys changed the lock on system and edited the high/low profille. i have to do so much to lock on to a person and when i am locked on it completely takes away my view of everything else so i cant see anything else. the high/low profile is annoying. i miss seeing it in the top right corner of my screen, and i feel like im limited to doing things since the X and Y buttons ( square and triangle for those who have ps3 ) suddenly disapeared. secondly the fighting style. why is it that i have to hold the B button to block then be able to do whatever? i think its dumb. why does the fighting slow down? personally i prefer the revelations fighting style better. i was able to fight continuously without having to be hit without a proper notice or having to slow down the game play and lose *** adrenaline i once had playing the game, another thing is how come the jaggers and the grenaders ( the ones with the green kilts) always have to block every attack and do damage to you, it ruins not only your kill streak, but lowers your momentem. in ac revelations yes the janissaries could block you too, but they didnt do damage which eventually de-syncronized you are ruined your killing streak. i miss having the option to counter kill, counter steal, taunt, throw, counter throw and whatnot all in real time with out the game slowing down for me to pick only 2 options. thirdly, the free-run/climbing. i remember reading in the emails that rebecca made them so its easier to control and so your not jumping at the wrong time. it completely did the opposite. now connor wants to climb on everything that is near him when i dont want him to, not only that he jumps in directions that are completely opposite from where i wanted him to do. at least in ac revelations i could hold A to control wheher i wanted ezio to climb or jump and he jumped in the ways i desired with ease. and might i add why did you changed rebecca's face? she looks horible now. two more things i disliked where the mapping system. its dumb how i have to actually go and explore an area for it to become avaliable on the map. and the radius of which becomes avaliable is extremely small, the viewpoints dosent even make much of a difference. and i especially like how the impossible happens way to often. like that one mission where im chasing lee, it is impossible for me to shove someone that is laying on the ground, when im running after lee the guard always hit me causing me to fall down when not a single inch of their bodies nor their guns actually touch me. and that new feature where i can suppossibly be able to assassinate while running, that hardly works, and when it does it slows down connor alot. and since when does the horses have stamina? other than what i just said, i actually like the game. though honestly in my opinion i prefer assassins creed revelation's animus version the best. i for one would love to see that version in the next assassins creed.

and by the way if you guys do make another assassins creed it should follow up innokenti (kenya) orelov after he killed his father in assassins creed the chain. he should be able to go back to the soviet union and what not. i know daniel cross was killed so lets say there was a relative of daniel like a lost sister or something that shared the same d.n.a. and that new main character can stop juno from her 'world domination' (and for this game use the same animus version like in revelations)

overall im still a huge ac fan! and i love ubisoft :)

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 12:05 AM
email it to them or message them on facebook, then they would see your message.

In all honesty, I feel like the only reason why people put things like this on forums is because they want to gain attention from their peers.

utriej
12-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Sorry to be rude, but that wall of text with very little punctuation or proper English will likely not be read by anyone. It's an eyesore. I didn't read it and likely anyone you "want" to read it won't either.

the_atm
12-22-2012, 12:10 AM
to long... didn't read. Really though, stop with the attention grabs people, This was an awesome game, no doubt about it. It improved on almost everything! sure there were a few more bugs but than the other games but there is way more great new stuff.

Honestly I'd love to see these kinds of people make a game... I don't think it would ever be finished.

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Just read the thing.

You don't lock on to targets anymore.
Precision mode (previous the locking on mechanism), is now used to gain range on ranged weapons
the High profile/low profile system doesn't really exist that much anymore, except for when you want to do a dual assassination, where you have to press the run/high profile button to do them.

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:16 AM
ok guys first thanks for actually responding, and yes i know there are some grammer mistakes. and for the record im not trying to be an attention grabber. im only 17 guys i was just trying to voice my opinion.

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm only 17.

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:22 AM
yeah thanks for the correction^. sorry my brains fried from the finals i took today.

the_atm
12-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Just read the thing.

You don't lock on to targets anymore.
Precision mode (previous the locking on mechanism), is now used to gain range on ranged weapons
the High profile/low profile system doesn't really exist that much anymore, except for when you want to do a dual assassination, where you have to press the run/high profile button to do them.

most of that is like saying "Laptops and Computers are no where near the same thing, except they both do the same things..."
just saying. But I did watch the behind the scenes video (which ever one it was) that said why they got rid of the locking machanique and streamlined everything, they said it was... well to streamline it, locking is now one less thing the player has to worry about. the profile system is still there in the same capacity as before, you press R1 to to run, sprint, assassinate and what not, and don't press it when you want to blend.

and think of the "lock on" system as a... focus system, Connor is focusing more on his target, thus why it zooms in...

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 12:26 AM
yeah thanks for the correction^. sorry my brains fried from the finals i took today.
..no, I'm saying that I am 17.

I am also 17.

-_-

kuled2012
12-22-2012, 12:29 AM

I am also 17.

-_-

We need a lol smiley on this forum.

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:30 AM

I am also 17.

-_-

sorry about that,

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 12:30 AM
most of that is like saying "Laptops and Computers are no where near the same thing, except they both do the same things..."
just saying. But I did watch the behind the scenes video (which ever one it was) that said why they got rid of the locking machanique and streamlined everything, they said it was... well to streamline it, locking is now one less thing the player has to worry about. the profile system is still there in the same capacity as before, you press R1 to to run, sprint, assassinate and what not, and don't press it when you want to blend.

and think of the "lock on" system as a... focus system, Connor is focusing more on his target, thus why it zooms in...

..so you agree with what I say?

Bashilir
12-22-2012, 12:32 AM
The game's time isn't in 2050.. You obviously don't pay attention to the game. The game is about the Apocalypse IN 2012, genius.

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:35 AM
The game's time isn't in 2050.. You obviously don't pay attention to the game. The game is about the Apocalypse IN 2012, genius.

ok read that again, i said i was expecting for it to be in 2050.

the_atm
12-22-2012, 12:37 AM
..so you agree with what I say?

well I'm confused... I thought you pulled that quote from the OP, but when I tried reading it... well try is the keyword, it's hard to read a wall of text. all I know is that when people say things like "there's not locking system" or "there's no high/low profile" they are wrong. their still there.

and from what I could read of the garbled mess of the wall of text (sorry OP it's true, I found it very hard to read) it seems like he was just posting what ever came to his head, he jumped from connor climbing everything to rebecca's face to horse stamina... I'm still stuck on what he meant by Connor wants to climb everything...

For all we know there could be spoilers in that post and we would never know!!

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:46 AM
well i wasnt making anything up as i was going, i actually was listing things i didnt like, sorry that i use proper transitions to separate each topic. and no i did not intentionaly attempt to put in spoilers.

psychopath315
12-22-2012, 12:55 AM
honestly i had no intentions of posting something like this here, i only did it because i emailed ubisoft support to ask how i could voice my opinion and one of the support staff members redirected me here.

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 01:04 AM
well I'm confused... I thought you pulled that quote from the OP, but when I tried reading it... well try is the keyword, it's hard to read a wall of text. all I know is that when people say things like "there's not locking system" or "there's no high/low profile" they are wrong. their still there.

and from what I could read of the garbled mess of the wall of text (sorry OP it's true, I found it very hard to read) it seems like he was just posting what ever came to his head, he jumped from connor climbing everything to rebecca's face to horse stamina... I'm still stuck on what he meant by Connor wants to climb everything...

For all we know there could be spoilers in that post and we would never know!!
but there really isn't a locking system...

the_atm
12-22-2012, 02:29 AM
but there really isn't a locking system...
How do you figure? not angry lol, but how do you figure? I mean... the locking system is optional I guess you could say, but I much prefer the "locking system" over previous games.

Bashilir
12-22-2012, 03:24 AM
ok read that again, i said i was expecting for it to be in 2050.

If you own every other game in the series then you would know it's not even CLOSE to set in 2050 or anywhere near that.

L3377MA573R
12-22-2012, 05:52 AM
1. Jesus christ, if you're going to ask people to read that much text, at least have the decency to use proper grammar, capitalization, etc.
2. I actually kinda agree. The new movement system constantly has me jumping up things I don't want to, and there's a surprising amount of objects that Connor seems incapable of vaulting over, instead just standing there with his hands out. Looking at you, wheelbarrels. >.> And that ending.....

pirate1802
12-22-2012, 06:31 AM
They already topped Revelations long ago. In AC2. Actually Brotherhood and revelations were downgraded versions of AC2.

On topic, no I love the new combat system and controls. It has you actually do something rather than sit there with your counter button pressed in and just button mash. It's still easy as **** but atleast a little more challenging than before. After you enter that slowdown period you have a range of options available to you whereas before you could only counter kill someone. Now you can counter kill, counter disarm and counter throw people. Very handy while dealing with tougher enemies. Some people didn't like the change.. *shrug*

Jexx21
12-22-2012, 07:17 AM
They already topped Revelations long ago. In AC2. Actually Brotherhood and revelations were downgraded versions of AC2.

On topic, no I love the new combat system and controls. It has you actually do something rather than sit there with your counter button pressed in and just button mash. It's still easy as **** but atleast a little more challenging than before. After you enter that slowdown period you have a range of options available to you whereas before you could only counter kill someone. Now you can counter kill, counter disarm and counter throw people. Very handy while dealing with tougher enemies. Some people didn't like the change.. *shrug*

opinions aren't fact >.>

Brotherhood was better than AC2, and Revelations was equal to Brotherhood in my opinion.

pirate1802
12-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Most of what we talk of here are opinions anyway. We don't have to state that explicitly when we speak. Yes that's my opinion. Confining to a single city seemed like a huge downgrade. And the stories were smaller too. Felt like expansions.

Black_Widow9
12-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
Please post your feedback here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

Thanks