PDA

View Full Version : Question: Meat Shield

PieterVR96
12-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey guys
I just bought AC3 on PC and I'm really enoying it but somehow I don't manage to use others as meat shield. I did it once but after that one time I never succeeded again. I know you need to use your spacebar, but do I have to hold space or double tap it or anything like that?
If someone can give me the link to a tutorial for the PC it's also fine, but I really wanna know how it works because sometimes it takes away like 1/2 of my health when I can't use the meat shield.

Thanks in advance.

Sushiglutton
12-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I play it with a gamepad, but double tap helps a lot! Also żou need to do it after the yellow icon appears (and before they shoot obv).

medavroog
12-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys
I just bought AC3 on PC and I'm really enoying it but somehow I don't manage to use others as meat shield. I did it once but after that one time I never succeeded again. I know you need to use your spacebar, but do I have to hold space or double tap it or anything like that?
If someone can give me the link to a tutorial for the PC it's also fine, but I really wanna know how it works because sometimes it takes away like 1/2 of my health when I can't use the meat shield.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, tapping stun-disarm key (spacebar) is better than holding it. As of the second, the "meat shield" is not easy to perform because it needs the enviroment and situation, there must be at least one enemy ready to shoot you with pistol or musket, and there must be an enemy standing near you which allows you to take him as the shield.

What I do for the "meat shield" combat is, use the "three key spam" method: attack key, then defense key, then stun-disarm key, then attack key, and attack key again...so on...etc. I spam the keys in fast taps which usually will allow me perform "meat shield" automatically when I am about to get shot, and I also can get automatic disarms of the enemies during the key spams, as well as it is possible to get chain-kills when combined with the directional movement keys. Nevertheless, there will be enemies that this method will fail unless the said enemies are disarmed first, or else, only the counter-kill with tools (pistol, bow-n-arrow, poison darts, trip mines, snares) will work.

Razrback16
12-24-2012, 01:47 AM
I use a controller, but I basically angle my left stick toward the closest enemy and press the "A" button on my XBOX controller repeatedly until he grabs the guy.

Scystab
12-24-2012, 10:45 AM
First of all, tapping stun-disarm key (spacebar) is better than holding it. As of the second, the "meat shield" is not easy to perform because it needs the enviroment and situation, there must be at least one enemy ready to shoot you with pistol or musket, and there must be an enemy standing near you which allows you to take him as the shield.

What I do for the "meat shield" combat is, use the "three key spam" method:....

Medavroog has exactly right, except for his second paragraph I would like to share my experiance on the method.
It's not that hard, really:

Everytime the guards are about to shoot you, you can firstly see everyone moving away from you and secondly, they shout "I got him in my sights" or "Ready your weapons!" etc.
If you still don't notice this the camera usually pans in the way the fire is coming from.
And even if you notice it at that moment, it takes them some time to actually fire, so you can simply strife to the nearest enemy and TAP the space bar (once is enough). If the closest enemy is not close enough you can simply RMB-run to them and then tap space.

But keep in mind, like Medavroog said, that the meatshield will only work when the guards have a yellow triangle above them (and a firearm in their hands)

medavroog
12-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Everytime the guards are about to shoot you, you can firstly see everyone moving away from you and secondly, they shout "I got him in my sights" or "Ready your weapons!" etc.
If you still don't notice this the camera usually pans in the way the fire is coming from.

This is true indeed.

If the closest enemy is not close enough you can simply RMB-run to them and then tap space.

...or, run and line-up yourself with another enemy or a horse (or even a civilian)...etc...and they will get shot instead..."get ready...aim...fire!"...then a "civilian" drops...we should get an "achivement" for this...

Scystab
12-24-2012, 02:06 PM
...or, run and line-up yourself with another enemy or a horse (or even a civilian)...etc...and they will get shot instead..."get ready...aim...fire!"...then a "civilian" drops...we should get an "achivement" for this...

Exactly :) now all we have to do is come up with a name for it :D

medavroog
12-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Exactly :) now all we have to do is come up with a name for it :D

I suggest this "Achivement" to be called "The Civil Dodger"...unlock this "achivement" by successfully dodge behide a civilian and make the civilian take the shot for you 10 times. As for the "horse version", call it "The Horse Shield"...

tcplotts
12-25-2012, 04:30 AM
This is true indeed.

this is how I do it. I just manualy mak the shield by moving my character. the bullets will hit whatever's in front, so just get behind anything before they fire. I treat muskets like mages; when I see the line, I break contact and rush that line. once you get close tothem, they go into melee mode and they can get into the frigging slaughter line like everyone else...:)

medavroog
12-25-2012, 02:39 PM
this is how I do it. I just manualy mak the shield by moving my character. the bullets will hit whatever's in front, so just get behind anything before they fire. I treat muskets like mages; when I see the line, I break contact and rush that line. once you get close tothem, they go into melee mode and they can get into the frigging slaughter line like everyone else...:)

I believe All of Us do this tactic already; however, what I suggested is an idea that is for pure fun.