PDA

View Full Version : Please, let's not see the return of Desmond....

Poodle_of_Doom
12-21-2012, 05:42 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_Creed#Future

In November 2012, The Gaming Liberty spotted a supposed Ubisoft survey that suggested another annual instalment could be set for release next year. The survey asks participants how they would feel about a return of Desmond, Connor and the American Revolution setting, and if they had purchase such a title if it were to be released next year, suggesting that Ubisoft has its eye on repeating the Brotherhood and Revelations route of the Ezio trilogy. The survey was also said to ask how participants would feel about the introduction of a co-op mode, and how they feel about Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, possibly suggesting a move to more scripted gameplay.[19] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-19)[20] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-20) Shortly there after, in an interview with Ubisoft Brazil's managing director Bertrand Chaverot, Chaverot revealed that the next game in the series may take place in Brazil, though the magazine Techtudo later updated this to remove mention of the future game's location, bringing the validity of the report into question.[21] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-21)

Why? Why would you do this Ubisoft? I thought this was supposed to be Desmonds end? Just give him a better ending in the intro to the next game...

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 05:45 AM
SPOILERS....that`s first...

Second.....That`s old, man....

Third....This does not mean anything....calm down

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm sure those who are pissed off at the ending would like to see a return of Desmond..

And yeah, that survey is old as ****.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-21-2012, 07:28 AM
I know it's old. But I think you may of missed my intent here. It's more of a conversation point really. We were told this was Desmonds last game. And that's what I want to talk about here.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 07:32 AM
I know it's old. But I think you may of missed my intent here. It's more of a conversation point really. We were told this was Desmonds last game. And that's what I want to talk about here.
Really ?? Sounded more like panicking because a Survey had a question of whether fans would like to see Desmond back...Sorry then

I`m sure a lot want to see him back....I`m not one of them, though, but I can understand...AC III`s ending was poorly presented...left a bad taste in everyone`s mouth regarding Desmond..

Poodle_of_Doom
12-21-2012, 07:49 AM
I`m sure a lot want to see him back....I`m not one of them, though, but I can understand...AC III`s ending was poorly presented...left a bad taste in everyone`s mouth regarding Desmond..

Yeah,.... no joke. I just wish they could of given us more. My only hope is that they will, though I don't think I'd buy any more games.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah,.... no joke. I just wish they could of given us more. My only hope is that they will, though I don't think I'd buy any more games.
Indeed. That final scene was extremely lacking. I`d still buy games really...I`v been going with this for 5 years..I`d hate myself If I stop now...I`m willing to go a couple more rounds

pacmanate
12-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I am glad Desmond is dead. IF they bring him back, IF, it would be the most ridiculous last minute **** ever.

Aphex_Tim
12-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Since the Animus is now synced to the Cloud, couldn't anyone relive Connor's memories?

dxsxhxcx
12-21-2012, 11:37 AM
[SPOILERS]

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to use Desmond as a vessel for Juno, I just hope once they (Ubisoft) deal with her they don't try to resurrect Desmond...

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Interesting.. maybe as a villain Desmond will be far more interesting than he ever was as a hero..

medavroog
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
This does not mean anything....calm down

Nothing is True, and Everything is Permitted...thus, let us continue to freak-out over this "nothing" because it is "permitted"...

Poodle_of_Doom
12-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Indeed. That final scene was extremely lacking. I`d still buy games really...I`v been going with this for 5 years..I`d hate myself If I stop now...I`m willing to go a couple more rounds

No. They're mostly games I'd just rent now. I don't think I'd make the purchase unless they were really good. At that, I don't know if I'll be renting them.

[SPOILERS]

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to use Desmond as a vessel for Juno, I just hope once they (Ubisoft) deal with her they don't try to resurrect Desmond...

I kind of thought that to. But, they did tell us it's Desmonds last game. So, to be honest, I'd feel a little cheated.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
If it was Juno inside Desmond's dead body then it wouldn't technically be Desmond right? I think its a brilliant idea to have the protagonist be put as the antagonist later. Some games have dabbled into it, AC3 did try it, but we need moar. And yeah, resurrecting Desmond as we know him, would be pretty cheap.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-21-2012, 07:17 PM
I'd love Desmond as a vessel for Juno and can someone tell me any historical event in Brazil?They don't have Brazil in history textbooks :(.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't know anything about Brazil either. By the way, interesting news: The AC Initiates site is showing Aveline and what looks like New Orleans, so maybe she has something to do in the next game?

xboxauditore
12-21-2012, 08:25 PM
If Desmond is gone can we at least get replayable Desmond missions?

TOMatXL
12-21-2012, 09:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_Creed#Future

The survey asks participants how they would feel about a return of Desmond

Why? Why would you do this Ubisoft? I thought this was supposed to be Desmonds end? Just give him a better ending in the intro to the next game...

The return of desmond...?

-->>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

AVVSOM3
12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't think Desmond is returning. In Initiates they are building Otso Berg up. I think he will be the new main protagonist. Anyone also noticed that Michael Fassbender could pass as Otso in the Assassins Creed movie?

SixKeys
12-21-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't think Desmond is returning. In Initiates they are building Otso Berg up. I think he will be the new main protagonist. Anyone also noticed that Michael Fassbender could pass as Otso in the Assassins Creed movie?

Holy crap, you're right! It would be way better if Fassbender was going to play a completely different protagonist than what we've seen in the games thus far. I just can't see him as Desmond or any of his ancestors.

ToughGuy31
12-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Holy crap, you're right! It would be way better if Fassbender was going to play a completely different protagonist than what we've seen in the games thus far. I just can't see him as Desmond or any of his ancestors.
He could even be the next protagonist of the games. He sounds very interesting. Or he could even be the villain, the possibility's are endless.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-22-2012, 04:58 AM
The return of desmond...?

-->>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Thanks for that. That was what I was thinking.