PDA

View Full Version : Equip/Unequip button?

AdmiralCole
12-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Why is it so hard for ubi to add an equip/unequip feature!?
We are in the fifth game already, and this simple feature is still not added! It feels like a curse to buy a heavy weapon because I know then I am stuck with it on my side,
I also want to unequip my bow, especially since now people want that quiver to show that will ruin outfits, but Ubi simply won't let us equip/unequip items at our will!

What do you think of an equip/unequip feature so we can just charge into combat with our fists and hidden blades if we wanted to, or get that ugly axe or bow off of us?

DrBlutengott
12-21-2012, 04:54 AM
I agree, this is needed. Especially since all you need for combat are the ****y hidden blades. The stats really dont do much after a certain point. And in a game where the main weapon (the one in the promos) are either the hidden blades or a tomahawk, its just annoying to have unwanted weapons (and armor).

Grandmaster_Z
12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
i really want to unequip the bow.

AdmiralCole
12-21-2012, 07:46 PM
I hope Ubi has plans to add this simple feature that we've been begging for for YEARS.

the_atm
12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
... troll? but really though that's a dumb idea, no offence it is. where would you put your bow? your running around in new york and your just going drop it? and don't like the heavy weapon... ummm don't use one, get a sword instead? wow there's an idea. and as far as the bow goes It's what makes Connor Connor, otherwise he's jsut another assassin...

AdmiralCole
12-21-2012, 08:32 PM
@the_atm Uhm, I meant you can equip/unequip stuff from the homestead weapon room...

Sushiglutton
12-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Would be a good feature. I don't want to carry any big weapons, but sometimes I pick up one by misstake when looting. Then I have to get an axe and slam it into some poor guards head to get rid of it lol. The bow I want to always have as it's kind of a signature weapon. However if someone doesn't I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be allowed to unequip it. Anyway it's not a big deal either way for me.

Grandmaster_Z
12-21-2012, 08:59 PM
should be able to do this thru the homestead. Every AC has has a home base. should be able to leave it on a weapon rack or something. Should be able to unequipe every weapon and leave them on a weapons rack (besides the hidden blades). with how amazing this game is, don't f*cking tell me this would be so hard to implement. if you can free run on freaking trees and show 2000 people on screen, unequiping weapons should be easy to implement.

AdmiralCole
12-21-2012, 09:19 PM
^That's what I am saying. Having all these weapons ruins the look, you should be able to choose which to take. Not have all at once.
It should be a simple feature but Ubi keeps ignoring it!

Dizzy0214
01-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm very annoyed by this as well. Five games into the series, people have been nagging about it since AC2, and it's still been brushed off. And now it's just worse with all the special outfits you can get. I'm sorry, but running around in traditional Native clothing with a pistol dangling at your side, or being dressed up as a naval commander with a bow strapped to your back just isn't very aesthetically pleasing.

Unfortunately, if Ubisoft is anything like Volition, they're going to use post-production complications as an excuse not to patch in this apparently simple fix, to which I say: if you guys had listened the first 3 times you wouldn't be catching these complaints now. Seems AAA game companies think because they have big titles they get to brush off little stuff like this. It's poor practice.

SixKeys
01-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Agreed. I hate having to carry all the stuff I buy with me. Makes me feel stupid trying to blend into the crowd with swords, daggers, pistols and bows hanging off me.

the_atm
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm not annoyed by this, "it ruins the look"? umm.... the look IS with his equipment... Connor is not connor without his bow and arrows, that's what makes him, him.

Dizzy0214
01-27-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm not annoyed by this, "it ruins the look"? umm.... the look IS with his equipment... Connor is not connor without his bow and arrows, that's what makes him, him.

No, his ability to use a bow - along with a list of other things I don't feel like typing out - is what makes him, him. Saying that he isn't Connor without the bow is like saying Ezio wasn't Ezio without the crossbow just because Altair didn't have it.

Beyond that, it isn't like adding this feature would be a hindrance to those of you who like it just the way it is. That's the point of having the option.

Black_Widow9
01-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Please make sure you also post this here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979

x___Luffy___x
01-28-2013, 10:45 AM
i agree . there should be option to unequip weapons if somebody dont want to use it..
i personally dont like to carry swords or any heavy weapons on connor and i didnt bought any because if u buy u ll have to carry it on the belt.
i accidently picked a sword from a dead soldier and couldnt unequip it..
finally someone posted it somewhere that if u put a sword in ur hand and pick lock of a chest then connor throws it.. thats how i got rid of it . there should be an option for it.