PDA

View Full Version : So, that's why Lucy had to die *end AC3 spoilers*

WarriorAegis
12-21-2012, 02:25 AM
If Lucy had lived, and gotten the Apple of Eden, the Templars actually would have SAVED the world.

That's why Juno had Desmond kill Lucy, so she (Juno) could take control.

I was blown away by the ending. I really liked it, I just want to know what happens NEXT. o.o

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Look! Someone who actually likes the ending :eek: :eek: :eek:

DarthViscer
12-21-2012, 05:27 AM
If Lucy had lived, and gotten the Apple of Eden, the Templars actually would have SAVED the world.

I was blown away by the ending. I really liked it, I just want to know what happens NEXT. o.o

Although close, that is actually not the case. If Lucy had lived she would have delivered the Apple to Abstergo and Eye Abstergo would have failed. Therefore the Apple never would have been used by Desmond to gain entrance to the Grand Temple. Juno's motivation for killing Lucy was for Desmond to be able to release her.

TinyTemplar
12-21-2012, 08:21 AM

Hah! I knew that Lucy was good girl... now everything becomes clear. And I'm starting to like the ending too.

I've never been obsessed by present time story, but now I understand, thanks to you.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Add me in your "someone who likes the ending" please.

Inorganic9_2
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I think the trouble with the ending is that's it not entirely clear what happened. The more people analyse and explain it, the more I like it because I realise what was actually going on. I still have to fathom:

Why anyone (though if the answer is that Juno's release requires a sacrifice, why Desmond) had to die to release Juno

What Minerva meant by "you would see our gift to them returned" (I thought the gift was the 6th sense, but she could mean mankind's freedom)

What Juno actually did to save the world.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I have only one question regarding the ending. What did Minerva meant when she said "Its centuries late"? If she wanted to save centuries whouldn't she better tell Ezio all this than contact Desmond?

Any good folk looking to clarify this for me? :(

TheHumanTowel
12-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Very cool idea. I didn't think of that. But how would the templars have saved the world? They were just going to use the apple in the satellite launch. On top of that, how did Desmond save the world? He released Juno but how did that stop the solar flare?

TinyTemplar
12-21-2012, 02:23 PM
He released Juno but how did that stop the solar flare?
maybe some kind of shield

medavroog
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM

It seems humans are still rather enjoy to be the "slaves of another creature group who called themselves as the gods" instead of the "slaves of a certain group of humans who called themselves as the elites"...

TinyTemplar
12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
It seems humans are still rather enjoy to be the "slaves of another creature group who called themselves as the gods" instead of the "slaves of a certain group of humans who called themselves as the elites"...

Apparently your big signature positions you as "Elite".

cmrggamer
12-21-2012, 03:24 PM
I think the trouble with the ending is that's it not entirely clear what happened. The more people analyse and explain it, the more I like it because I realise what was actually going on. I still have to fathom:

Why anyone (though if the answer is that Juno's release requires a sacrifice, why Desmond) had to die to release Juno

What Minerva meant by "you would see our gift to them returned" (I thought the gift was the 6th sense, but she could mean mankind's freedom)

What Juno actually did to save the world.

I think Desmond had to die because he has a higher concentration of the First Civ DNA (and maybe that's why Juno wants him...especially if she needs a vessel?)

@pirate1802: In the same vein, I don't think any of the other assassin's had as high of a concentration of First Civ DNA.

I think Minerva meant freedom--freedom to experience the good and bad.

I still am not sure how Juno saved the world. Since she tells us they failed with each attempt.

medavroog
12-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Apparently your big signature positions you as "Elite".

Ah, that explains as of why I am always get killed in the MP...

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Regarding Desmond's sacrifice, Juno said about the mind-upload process: That it requires something "wrong" to complete. I thought that indicates killing another human or TWCB sacrifice to complete. That is maybe why Desmond was sacrificed. And that also means we'll probably see the return of Desmond as Juno's vessel xD

WarriorAegis
12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Regarding Desmond's sacrifice, Juno said about the mind-upload process: That it requires something "wrong" to complete. I thought that indicates killing another human or TWCB sacrifice to complete. That is maybe why Desmond was sacrificed. And that also means we'll probably see the return of Desmond as Juno's vessel xD

I agree with that one.

Desmond as Juno's vessel? Uh oh... o.o

TinyTemplar
12-21-2012, 04:19 PM
the return of Desmond as Juno's vessel xD

That would be cool.

And Daniel Cross should be returned as Minerva's vessel

AjinkyaParuleka
12-21-2012, 07:31 PM
I'd love to see Cross again but I guess that it would be stupid...man he's 10 times cooler than Desmond.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Agreed. Cross fo life!

TinyTemplar
12-22-2012, 10:11 AM
At least I want the next main hero to be look like Cross. Please please please.

I don't care what ancestors will he have, american, arabic or italian, but let him to be like Cross, he's so cool)

medavroog
12-22-2012, 02:51 PM

I don't care what ancestors will he have, american, arabic or italian, but let him to be like Cross, he's so cool)

Naaah, let's have Juno as our "next character"...dressed in Desmond's physical body, of course!

xboxauditore
12-22-2012, 03:52 PM

I agree. Cross the boss.

WarriorAegis
12-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Well, I *sorta* like the ending.

But I little motivation to play AC3 anymore. The Epilogue missions are... cutscenes (well, Evacuation Day was)? And I can't use the pivots because I don't have an internet connection I can use for my Xbox. :(

Although close, that is actually not the case. If Lucy had lived she would have delivered the Apple to Abstergo and Eye Abstergo would have failed. Therefore the Apple never would have been used by Desmond to gain entrance to the Grand Temple. Juno's motivation for killing Lucy was for Desmond to be able to release her.

I agree with the reason of why Juno had Desmond kill Lucy. While you have a point, I don't see how the Eye would have failed. Yes, Juno talked about using Apples to protect the earth the first time around, but it's VERY likely she could have been lying.