PDA

View Full Version : How long will the Tyranny of King Washington be?

EzioConner1
12-21-2012, 01:13 AM
So I bought the Season Pass and then read somewhere that each part of the dlc will be 2 hours?

So your saying for $30 I get 6 hours? Please tell me this isn't true.

I know you get multiplayer pack too but I could care less for that , and If you didn't get a season pass it would be $10 each.

I'm hoping it will be 4 hours at least.

Bashilir
12-21-2012, 01:40 AM
So I bought the Season Pass and then read somewhere that each part of the dlc will be 2 hours?

I know you get multiplayer pack too but I could care less for that , and If you didn't get a season pass it would be $10 each.

So you could care less? You said the saying wrong, sir. Anyway, I don't see the problem with it. Maybe you should've waited to get enough info to decide to buy it or not. Needless to say, I bought it simply because I'm positive that I won't be disappointed with the DLC(s).

EzioConner1
12-21-2012, 01:50 AM
So you could care less? You said the saying wrong, sir. Anyway, I don't see the problem with it. Maybe you should've waited to get enough info to decide to buy it or not. Needless to say, I bought it simply because I'm positive that I won't be disappointed with the DLC(s).

I said I could care less about the multiplayer packs , I was gonna buy the Washington dlc anyway so why not get the season pass. It costs the same but I get it earlier. Even if it 2 hours long I'd still buy but would be disappointed.

Washington DLC without Season pass = $30
Season pass = same price but you get it earlier and mp packs

DiverseGecko6
12-21-2012, 02:04 AM
I said I could care less about the multiplayer packs , I was gonna buy the Washington dlc anyway so why not get the season pass. It costs the same but I get it earlier. Even if it 2 hours long I'd still buy but would be disappointed.

Well, if you actually cared about the MP packs then it would be worth more to you. Personally, I play MP once I get done with Singleplayer as it got really boring. So, the DLC will bring back the life to Singleplayer for me. But, I get where you're coming from.

DemonLordSparda
12-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Good lord saying you could care less means you CAN CARE LESS. The point you are trying to make is you COULDN'T care less about the multiplayer pack. Which when you phrase it as couldn't care less, it means as you may expect that you can't care any less.

ze_topazio
12-21-2012, 02:39 AM

There's no problem then.

zMrFahrenheit
12-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Wait wait, it is already out?

im3jia
12-21-2012, 04:02 AM
You get a piece every month, with the last one in March.

ze_topazio
12-21-2012, 04:17 AM
I'll wait until all episodes are out, kind of i wish they released a retail version too, like Rockstar did with the Undead Nightmare DLC.

im3jia
12-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Undead Nightmare was around 5-7 hours of gameplay, so if the Tyranny of King Washington has that much gameplay, I don't see why they wouldn't release on retail.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Undead Nightmare was around 5-7 hours of gameplay, so if the Tyranny of King Washington has that much gameplay, I don't see why they wouldn't release on retail.
I hope ToKW is of comparable play time and features..

Undead Nightmare felt like a whole different game in itself..

New Music, New Random Events, New side quests, new enemies, new Animals, New Stranger missions..

That DLC was gold

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 04:50 AM

Since I know nothing about RDR and want to compare, how much did Undead Nightmare cost in total?

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 04:51 AM

New Music, New Random Events, New side quests, new enemies, new Animals, New Stranger missions..

That DLC was gold

:( I curse myself everyday for not owning a console..

im3jia
12-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Undead Nightmare (download only) was only $9.99. But the retail version, Undead Nightmare Complete, was $29.99, and included the 2 multiplayer packs.

psf22
12-21-2012, 04:57 AM

Do you have a source?

Jexx21
12-21-2012, 05:01 AM
2 minutes

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 05:02 AM
Hmm.. so if we are going for the season pass we're getting the same deal as Undead Nightmare, but if we're going for the ToKG DLC only, we're getting ripped off?
SP players got screwed it seems :(

Dunno how they're charging 30$ for a six hour (at max) content. That's overpriced as hell.

psf22
12-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Hmm.. so if we are going for the season pass we're getting the same deal as Undead Nightmare, but if we're going for the ToKG DLC only, we're getting ripped off?
SP players got screwed it seems :(

The hidden secrets (all pre-order stuff) is also included in the season pass no?

im3jia
12-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Each pack of the Undead Nightmare was $9.99, and there were 3 of them.

The AC Season Pass has 5 packs: 1 pack is out now, Hidden Secrets, and costs $4.99 (I think), then the 3 ToKW packs, and the 1 MP Battle Hardened pack. People who buy the Season Pass will pay 25% less than they would by purchasing each pack separately.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Each pack of the Undead Nightmare was $9.99, and there were 3 of them.

The AC Season Pass has 5 packs: 1 pack is out now (Hidden Secrets) and costs $4.99 (I think), then the 3 ToKW packs, and the MP pack. People who buy the Season Pass will pay 25% less than they would by purchasing each pack separately.
There was only one UN pack.....Undead Nightmare...3 packs ? Where did that come from ?

im3jia
12-21-2012, 05:21 AM
The Liars and Cheaters pack and Legends and Killers pack were included in the Undead Nighmare Complete, retail edition. They were all released at different times.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 05:23 AM
The Liars and Cheaters pack and Legends and Liars pack were included in the Undead Nighmare Complete, retail edition. They were all released at different times.
Ahhhh You`re talking about the full Undead pack ?? Sorry...did not realize..

But still....the single SP campaign cost just 10$ on its own

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 05:30 AM
The hidden secrets (all pre-order stuff) is also included in the season pass no?

Yesh, but its nothing special. Only people looking to complete their collection will get it. If you're into MP and planning on getting the whole pack then its a good deal. If you're mostly SP player like me, then its a very BAD deal.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 05:32 AM
If you're into MP(A certain element that not everyone uses) and planning on getting the whole pack then its a good deal. If you're mostly SP(Most guys) player like me, then its a very BAD deal.
Business...

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 05:42 AM
I like MP.. but I'm not religiously into it. ..Play it once in a while, haven't even reached lvl 20 xD

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 05:49 AM
I like MP.. but I'm not religiously into it. ..Play it once in a while, haven't even reached lvl 20 xD
Exactly.....It`s like this..

Buy this...this and that and that..They`re all just useless stuff and get what you actually want FOR FREE...

And people actually fall for it...

Hell, they might offer you a wear and tear guarantee on ink for more Money and people would STILL fall for it....Who can blame the Business ?

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Another funny stuff: AC III the retail version converted in Indian rupees cost me Rs. 999. The season pass would amount to Rs. 1500, maybe a little more. So this DLC pack is actually 1.5 times the full game for me, and what a I getting for it? :/

I'm aware the retail version is reduced in price here while the DLC is in international price, I'm not arguing about the price difference. I'm asking does it justify the price difference? For example Borderlands 2 follows the same model: Game @ 999 and season pass @ 1500 but look at the content they put in their season pass. There are two DLC still to be released and I've already put in like 25 hours in the two released ones.

jamgamerforever
12-21-2012, 06:10 AM
Season Passes are terrible for consumers. You pay $30 or more, and on what information? Blind faith?

All in all, complaining about the length is your problem. It's the consumer's job to wait for a product to be reviewed before purchase.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Seeing how awesome Borderlands 1 DLCs were, I had no doubt about the quality of Borderlands 2's, so I bought it, and it looks like a good decision. However you're right. I'm holding my horses for AC III's DLC and look for reviews. Only if they turn out to be awesome enough to override the short time factor, and I have spare cash will I go for it.

catkiller97
12-21-2012, 06:15 AM
1 hour. 2 hour MAX :)

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 06:23 AM
1 hour. 2 hour MAX :)
What the........**** ??

catkiller97
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM
@Assassins_M First Part 1-2 Hour. Total - 3-4 Hours :)

pacmanate
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM

That DLC was gold

My favourite DLC ever. Even became its own game!

psf22
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Yesh, but its nothing special. Only people looking to complete their collection will get it. If you're into MP and planning on getting the whole pack then its a good deal. If you're mostly SP player like me, then its a very BAD deal.

I see, I don't play MP at all so.

I thought that there was some other SP DLC coming AFTER TOKW but it seems that it is split up in 3 parts. So I'm staying positive here and hoping it will be good. Something tells me it will be very brutal.

I'll probably get the PASS after some positive buzz upon its release (TOKW DLC).

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Same here. M will be my guinea pig. I'll be observing his reaction to the DLC closely and only buy it if it's favourable...*mad scientist cackle*

psf22
12-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Same here. M will be my guinea pig. I'll be observing his reaction to the DLC closely and only buy it if it's favourable...*mad scientist cackle*

Word, my eyes are everywhere :p