PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III. What were you thinking?

oscar6853
12-20-2012, 04:53 AM
What the hell have you done to the Assassin's Creed series. You have made one of the most enjoyable series of games I've ever played (all previous Assassin's Creeds) to the worst game you (Ubisoft) have ever produced. This game is so confusing it's a nightmare to play. I can't figure out what my next main mission is, I'm forever running around this ****en frontier not having a clue what I'm supposed to do next. The map is useless it shows nothing referring to the main mission. A bunch of **** pops at me while roaming around aimlessly. These animals spring up out of nowhere and you have the buttons to press (A B X Y) and so on) to survive the attack, by the time you see it, if you're quick enough to press the button on time you don't stand a chance, unless you happen to be clairvoyant. All stupid and pointless. You ****ed up a good game. I will never buy a Ubisoft game again.

Tully__
12-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Moved from http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/191-General-Discussion

medavroog
12-20-2012, 02:50 PM
What the hell have you done to the Assassin's Creed series. You have made one of the most enjoyable series of games I've ever played (all previous Assassin's Creeds) to the worst game you (Ubisoft) have ever produced. This game is so confusing it's a nightmare to play. I can't figure out what my next main mission is, I'm forever running around this ****en frontier not having a clue what I'm supposed to do next. The map is useless it shows nothing referring to the main mission. A bunch of **** pops at me while roaming around aimlessly. These animals spring up out of nowhere and you have the buttons to press (A B X Y) and so on) to survive the attack, by the time you see it, if you're quick enough to press the button on time you don't stand a chance, unless you happen to be clairvoyant. All stupid and pointless. You ****ed up a good game. I will never buy a Ubisoft game again.

There is a marker on your map that will show you the main mission's location...
...some people hated the Frontier, some people enjoyed it...each to his own.

AntiChrist7
12-20-2012, 03:31 PM
if you have played all previous games, how can you not know the exclamation mark is where you have to be to continue?

razsi1990
12-20-2012, 04:35 PM

What an idiot. Blind,******ed ****.

tcplotts
12-21-2012, 03:26 AM
This is a frustrating game,and I think by quite a bit the worst of the series, but there's still a lot of fun to be had since you already spent the money. Appealing to these companies to change their business practices is close to futile. IF EA wouldn't do it after the ME3 debacle, these guys certainly won't. If you continue to game, this is how it's going to be until gamers stop taking it.

In the meantime, everything you mentioned can be dealt with. It does take some patience and practice, and since more than half the game is basically a glorified tutorial, you'll get plenty of it. With hunting, when ou start hearing growls, switch over to pistols until you get the quick time down. If I'm in a predator area, I just hover a finger over that E key. If you get that first one, and then the quick time escape, you can take the initiative. When you get good at it, hunting i unlimited cash. It's also kind of fun to hunt while doing other things around the house. I love the hunting part, but it took me awhile to get there.

The map is an abortion. But as far as missions go, the icons are still there. There are bugs--sometimes my quick travel icons go missing after a load up on the frontier map--but that's just one more excuse to hunt my way toward my destination.

This is only my second release date-ish purchase this year, since I rarely do that. My advice is to just wait for a game to be out a bit and take your time evaluating it through other players before you decide to buy or not. That's about all you can do to protect yourself.