PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite PRESENT DAY character and why? (fix)

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Who's your favorite PRESENT DAY character and why? (fix) I fixed it so you can vote for Clay. :D
Copy pasta
Mine is Desmond, followed by Lucy. Desmond because I got attached to him after a while and felt like I WAS him.

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Le copypasta from the other pole: :p

William Miles hands down. The air of mystery around that man is just so engrossing, reminds me of the old Ezio. Would love to know more about his past exploits and see his role expanded in the coming games.

Shaun comes a close second. His catchy comments and database entries always bring a smile, right from AC2.

psf22
12-20-2012, 03:49 AM

William Miles hands down. The air of mystery around that man is just so engrossing, reminds me of the old Ezio. Would love to know more about his past exploits and see his role expanded in the coming games.

Shaun comes a close second. His catchy comments and database entries always bring a smile, right from AC2.

Gotta love the British.

I like Williams voice. It sounds kinda stupid yet intriguing at the same time. Cannot explain it well.

Kaschra
12-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Guess who is my fave :rolleyes:

I like most modern day characters actually. William pissed me off during the beginning of AC3, but later on I started to like him more.
Daniel is great in the comics, in AC3... not so much :/
Vidic... hm, I don't care that much for him.
I love Shaun's snarky humour, he just makes me burst out laughing with his comments and database entries xD
Rebecca is cute, I like tomboyish characters like her (because I'm tomboyish, too)
I still like Lucy. I just cannot hate her. I feel kinda sorry for her.
I always liked Desmond, but now after AC3 he's one of my favourite characters (I'm fangirling over him, to be honest)

But yeah, there's no question who is my fave. I just love that crazy bastard Clay :p

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Guess who is my fave :rolleyes:

But yeah, there's no question who is my fave. I just love that crazy bastard Clay :p
Hmm... If you didn't tell me, I would've never guessed. :D

Jexx21
12-20-2012, 04:43 AM
either Desmond, Clay, or Shaun.

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 04:47 AM

Whats funny is that I never met anyone who actually hated Shuan. Everyone loves him.

Assassin_M
12-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Whats funny is that I never met anyone who actually hated Shuan. Everyone loves him.
Who can hate a Snarky British Smartass ??

xboxauditore
12-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Daniel Cross, He's bada** and his story in the comic aswell as his Ancestor Nikolai Orelov made him seem even cooler, shame they made him seem so weak, but after like 20 years just being Abstergo's trump card I suppose he lost his strength.

Daniel cross FTW!

"Look, I'm not supposed to killyou, But the bossman didn't say anything about ***king you up."

mazohystic
12-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Clay or Shaun, I can't decide who. D: Clay because gosh darn it, he has some of the best lines in all of AC and I always sympathized with him ever since the first AC. Then TLA came along and I wanted to curl into a ball and weep every time I think of the guy. Shaun because general Shaun lulz.

shobhit7777777
12-20-2012, 08:37 AM
I like Shaun because he is the only one who realizes how big of a moron Desmond is and doesn't let him forget it.
I also like Desmond's dad for punching Desmond's face in and getting him to emote for once in his loser life.

TheSpong
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM
The Hastings gets my vote. I couldn't stand him in AC2 though, it wasn't until his line about painting a bullseye on himself at the start of Brotherhood and saying Rebecca was a Templar in an e-mail that I started to enjoy him. His e-mails in AC3 about the spell checker not having a British English dictionary was hilarious, it's exactly the kind of thing I'd complain about.

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I like Shaun because he is the only one who realizes how big of a moron Desmond is and doesn't let him forget it.
I also like Desmond's dad for punching Desmond's face in and getting him to emote for once in his loser life.

Lmfao!!

Aphex_Tim
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
William gets my vote.
As someone above said, i'd really like to know more about his past.
I also like him for punching Desmond in the face. Not that i dislike Desmond or anything but i couldn't help but laugh at that point.

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm in the "Please Ubi come to your senses and remove this ridiculous modern day part, that is getting more and more out of hand for each game"-camp

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm in the "Please Ubi come to your senses and remove this ridiculous modern day part, that is getting more and more out of hand for each game"-camp

I'm 50-50 into that camp. I think if they do intend to include modern day sections they should either sit down and put some real effort into it, or leave it out altogether. Half-assed modern day parts (like there were in AC3) distract from the overall experience and should be abandoned.

TheHumanTowel
12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Pre-ACR Subject 16 is my favourite modern day character. He was so mysterious. The glyphs did such a good job of letting his character shine through and really made him a tragic figure. Then in ACR he was like a completely different person.

LoyalACFan
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Clay. Always found his little sub-story to be kind of annoying in the first three games, but in Revelations, he immediately became my favorite character in the modern part, complete with one of the most awesome quotes of the series (the "what is a man..." speech.). I'm still hoping he'll turn up again in some massive plot twist somehow :p

LoyalACFan
12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Pre-ACR Subject 16 is my favourite modern day character. He was so mysterious. The glyphs did such a good job of letting his character shine through and really made him a tragic figure. Then in ACR he was like a completely different person.

Well, Revelations depicted him before he went bats**t insane. He pretty much WAS a different person than the one you knew from the glyph puzzles.

dbuddy101
12-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I've decided to change my answer to none, as there are many that I just like. I really love Shaun's humor, Clay's story is intriguing and having him in each Ezio game has been great, I love Daniel in the comics, I love Desmond who has went from irresponsible bartender to proactive assassin (kind of). I can't really say I liked any better than the other, excluding Lucy, Rebecca, Warren, and William (simply because we know so little about him).

medavroog
12-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Who can hate a Snarky British Smartass ??

Let's vote Shaun Hastings for the Next President of Great Britain...

...Response from Shaun Hastings, "You are aware the British Mandate does not run on presidency, right?"

she-assassin
12-20-2012, 03:37 PM
I LOVE THEM ALL. I honestly can't decide, but I voted for Daniel because he needs more love after the complete fiasco that was AC3 and because he's currently my favorite together with Des, Lucy and Clay. The irony of it all is that all my favorite characters are dead, and as if that wasn't enough, all of them died in a very painful way. :(

I'm so done with this series.

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm 50-50 into that camp. I think if they do intend to include modern day sections they should either sit down and put some real effort into it, or leave it out altogether. Half-assed modern day parts (like there were in AC3) distract from the overall experience and should be abandoned.

Fair enough. What they should absolutely not do is to take characters from other media and kill them off in the main game without any presentation. Or kill off characters in the main game and then explain why in some tedious DLC. I'm going to stop there before I go on a nerd rage and embarass myself :mad:.

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Fair enough. What they should absolutely not do is to take characters from other media and kill them off in the main game without any presentation. Or kill off characters in the main game and then explain why in some tedious DLC. I'm going to stop there before I go on a nerd rage and embarass myself :mad:.

I agree. Cross was represented craptastically. I heard people talking about how bad it was, and kept thinking they were exaggerating. Then I saw how badly he really was handled. Like a random Abestergo guard #34567.

Also, another of my gripes is the gameplay. They have to realize fistfights and stick fights with a 21st century force having access to advanced weapons is beyond stupid. They need to find a way to represent the modern-day gameplay that is not hilarious and yet not a Splinter Cell rip off. Its a thin line, but I have some faith they'll pull it off. If they can't then better to leave out the modern day gameplay altogether.

DrBlutengott
12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Shaun. He has the most character development out of them all through his databank entries. Did you know Shaun doesnt like light jazz? Because he told us.

WarriorAegis
12-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Rebecca! She's my type of woman, save the profanity. :P

ACPrincess
12-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Desmond then Shaun the others have no characters and/or just dont apeal to me

xboxauditore
12-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Rebecca! She's my type of woman, save the profanity. :P

Rebecca is mine! I challenge you a duel sir!

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 08:05 PM

You did note she did plastic surgery between Revelations and AC3, that failed mieserably and that she now is one of the ugliest women to ever be in a videogame?

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 08:10 PM
You did note she did plastic surgery between Revelations and AC3, that failed mieserably and that she now is one of the ugliest women to ever be in a videogame?

I thought she became hotter in AC3 :/

zMrFahrenheit
12-20-2012, 08:19 PM
That ^^^
Shaun, because he is extremely funny and because he is the only one who realizes how big of a moron Desmond is, and Desmond's father, because he punched Desmond right in the face and made Desmond all like " Boohooo, my daddy punched me. Nobody loves me. Bohoooo. "

WarriorAegis
12-20-2012, 08:31 PM

Challenge accepted! :D *draws his sword*

xboxauditore
12-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Challenge accepted! :D *draws his sword*

*Draws a Minigun* Come at me. BRO.

Kaschra
12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I LOVE THEM ALL. I honestly can't decide, but I voted for Daniel because he needs more love after the complete fiasco that was AC3 and because he's currently my favorite together with Des, Lucy and Clay. The irony of it all is that all my favorite characters are dead, and as if that wasn't enough, all of them died in a very painful way. :(

Ugh, I can really relate to that.
All my fave characters in AC3 died... And I'm just talking about AC3 only, not counting in all the dead characters from the previous AC games.

Usually, whenever I like a character, they die. This is really annoying ;__;

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Ugh, I can really relate to that.
All my fave characters in AC3 died... And I'm just talking about AC3 only, not counting in all the dead characters from the previous AC games.

Usually, whenever I like a character, they die. This is really annoying ;__;
I feel for you Bro, or Sis

XLT sMasHerZZX
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Shaun, His humor and accent makes me want to love him even more.

ToughGuy31
12-21-2012, 12:49 AM
*Draws a Minigun* Come at me. BRO.
WHOA. Chill out guys, you can both love Rebecca.

ToughGuy31
12-21-2012, 12:49 AM
That ^^^
Shaun, because he is extremely funny and because he is the only one who realizes how big of a moron Desmond is, and Desmond's father, because he punched Desmond right in the face and made Desmond all like " Boohooo, my daddy punched me. Nobody loves me. Bohoooo. "
Hmm. I heard you hate Desmond. Can you tell me why?

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Clay.....crazy bastard...TLA made me appreciate him more..Just like how the Desmond memories made me like HIM more

rocketxsurgeon
12-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Shaun, because i love his sarcasm (:

ToughGuy31
12-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Clay.....crazy bastard...TLA made me appreciate him more..Just like how the Desmond memories made me like HIM more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

SixKeys
12-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Desmond. I guess Vidic or Rebecca would be my second choice.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised Shaun is winning. I know there are a lot of people who like him. I just can't stand him.

zMrFahrenheit
12-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Hmm. I heard you hate Desmond. Can you tell me why?

Simply because his father trained him to fight to what is right, to what he needed to do, and then he simply "Naaah, I'm becoming a bartender". Yes, his father was harsh with him, but he could at least think in other people besides him. He is boring, as shobhit7777777 said, he was a shell of a character, and when Assassin's Creed devs developed the characters, being the peak (IMO) Connor, Desmond was waaaaaaaaay behind. Also, when I think of Desmond, I remember those climbing missions that annoyed the crap out of me. And as I played all AC I realized how annoying and how a whining baby he was. I just simply... ARGH!. And
I was absolutely ecstatic when that moron dropped dead.

kriegerdesgottes
12-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Weird. I keep reading through the list and it occurred to me that I don't really like any of them. I don't hate them but I don't like them either.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Weird. I keep reading through the list and it occurred to me that I don't really like any of them. I don't hate them but I don't like them either.
That`s called being indifferent.....First time ?:p

kriegerdesgottes
12-21-2012, 03:22 AM
That`s called being indifferent.....First time ?:p

For Assassin's Creed it is haha :P Most of my AC opinions are loud, and as you may already know, without flaw and perfect :P But I guess you're right. I'm fairly indifferent to the modern day portion of the game.

Assassin_M
12-21-2012, 03:25 AM
For Assassin's Creed it is haha :P Most of my AC opinions are loud, and as you may already know, without flaw and perfect :P But I guess you're right. I'm fairly indifferent to the modern day portion of the game.
Haha sure..

It was a cycle for me. I was indifferent about it in AC I, It was KINDA intriguing in AC II (Mainly because of the Glyphs), It was crap in ACB and then I started to appreciate it more with ACR..

ToughGuy31
12-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Simply because his father trained him to fight to what is right, to what he needed to do, and then he simply "Naaah, I'm becoming a bartender". Yes, his father was harsh with him, but he could at least think in other people besides him. He is boring, as shobhit7777777 said, he was a shell of a character, and when Assassin's Creed devs developed the characters, being the peak (IMO) Connor, Desmond was waaaaaaaaay behind. Also, when I think of Desmond, I remember those climbing missions that annoyed the crap out of me. And as I played all AC I realized how annoying and how a whining baby he was. I just simply... ARGH!. And
Cool. I like Desmond and you hate him. I can totally respect your opinion.

ToughGuy31
12-21-2012, 04:05 AM

Ikr, they all die, it sucks. Once they killed Desmond, they'res really no point in playing.

EaglePrince25
12-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Clay easily. Had the odds stacked against him, every reason to give up, an on the verge of insanity he still stuck to his mission and did his best to ensure the enemy wouldn't win. He then went even further and helped his successor from beyond the grave, again while on the verge of insanity, and sacrificed himself again so the enemy couldn't win. I also like how he was able to draw all those symbols in Abstergo while his body was being drained of blood. Very nice.

ToughGuy31
12-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Clay easily. Had the odds stacked against him, every reason to give up, an on the verge of insanity he still stuck to his mission and did his best to ensure the enemy wouldn't win. He then went even further and helped his successor from beyond the grave, again while on the verge of insanity, and sacrificed himself again so the enemy couldn't win. I also like how he was able to draw all those symbols in Abstergo while his body was being drained of blood. Very nice.
Clay is awesome, Everyone agrees.