PDA

View Full Version : Random events and outstanding spots

SaintPerkele
12-19-2012, 08:05 PM
There are many threads which include discussions similar to the idea of this one, but I'd like to collect them and see them all in one place.

AC3 features a huge landscape and is full of life to be discovered when you don't rush through the world. What random events have you witnessed in AC3 (e.g., encounters between certain NPCs, animals or NPCs and animals)? Which kind of outstanding spots have you discovered in the frontier that are not that well known? Or which are actually known, but deserve a mention in your opinion?

Just some of my favourite things:
Random events:
- two male elks fighting with their horns (well, I suppose everyone has seen this, but it's still so cool to watch them doing this while sitting on a treebranch)
- two dogs fighting/playing with each other
- a child teaching a dog to sit up and beg
- bears laying on their back in a quite relaxed pose
- bears trying to fish
- bear cubs playing
- many, many NPC interactions (can't think of any in particular now, need to play for a while to remember the,; a simple yet great one is two NPCs greeting each other though)

Places:
- obviously, the Great Temple (located in Kanien'kaha)
- the burial grounds of the Kanien'kaha (pretty sure one of the hunting missions takes place there)
- the long beach near Monmouth, with all the small wrecked boats and that one windmill (love to climb windmills!)
- the place in Packanack with all the bears. Not just great for collecting pelts, but the small lake and the water fall as well as the cave are just beautiful. And try sneaking through that area without any bear attacking you :D
- the somewhat swamp like area near Valley Forge

I heard some stories about NPCs jumping down the cliff at the Lighthouse (does that still occur after the Boone-mission?), random corpses in the frontier and something about a dog at a grave or something like that. Can anybody confirm these?

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:12 PM
My favorite area is Black Creek (AKA swampy area next to Valley Forge:p)

-Baby wolves feeding
-Wolves hunting a cow in the Homestead (I like to play body guard there and see how much cows I save)
-I once saw a little kid walking up to a merchant and asking him something, but then the merchant just shoos him away............I killed the merchant :|

SaintPerkele
12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Not Black Creed, i think I meant Diamond Basin, need to check that. Black Creek is my favourite area too though :D Love the area near the fort where the one hunting mission takes place.

I really need to spend more time in the cities and on the Homestead :D Completely forgot about the Homestead NPC actions anyway, it's amazing how many different each of them seems to have. Especially outside of their daily routine, I had Prudence chat with another woman about her former lover or the priest reading out several different letters.

Oh, also forgot about that one spot in the frontier, that canyon with the corpse in there (think one of Peg Leg's objects is located right next to it).

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Not Black Creed, i think I meant Diamond Basin, need to check that. Black Creek is my favourite area too though :D Love the area near the fort where the one hunting mission takes place.

I really need to spend more time in the cities and on the Homestead :D Completely forgot about the Homestead NPC actions anyway, it's amazing how many different each of them seems to have. Especially outside of their daily routine, I had Prudence chat with another woman about her former lover or the priest reading out several different letters.

Oh, also forgot about that one spot in the frontier, that canyon with the corpse in there (think one of Peg Leg's objects is located right next to it).

Oh Yes that place is awesome. There`s a cave inside too..

roostersrule2
12-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Black Creek, I love that place and I love the cove thing in the top left corner of the map and I also love Kanien'kaha.
-Saw 2 people at the edge of a cove throwing a stick at the ground trying to fish.
-Seeing Myriam taking apart of a deer.
-Seeing Lance build a chair.
-Trying to re-enact the E3 demo when a cougar kills one of the lookout guards.