PDA

View Full Version : assassin's creed 3 dissappointed (spoilers)

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
ok first let me say this i have played through the 98% of the game excluding some of the naval missions. and to be honest i was really dissapponted ,so i decided to narrow down what bugged me the most .

1 the lack of armor or armor-like upgrades now i know that armor wasnt common durning the reveloutionary area but conseidering the shard of eden you can get at the very least ubi could have had some light weight metal fibers woven into connors outfit to reduce some damage .on the same subject connor is not tough at all but that depends on your fighting style .

2 the economy is **** ,yes i know that colonial america isnt rome or constantinople but to be honest i was at least you could revenate shopes like the previous games in addition to the hunting , the crafting while somewhat fun should not have been the soul source of special gear .

3 i did not enjoy playing as haytham , seeing as it takes three sequiences/four really untill you get to play as connor thats half the **** game gone ,i did not spend 60 dollars to play as some *** hole assassin drop out who just wanted power **** if ezio could rise from the grave he'd whipe the floor with haytham and snap him neck .

4 now connor really is fun to play but to be honest i havent used the rooftops of either city to travel (fyi i know fast travel but still this is an assassin's creed game come on ) due to not wanting to be chased by 30 + soilders

and finally the tomhawk was supposed to be also used as the hookblade and no ziplines except for one mission and it was a ****ing cut secene

sorry had to get this out :(

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 07:24 PM
1) This is a pretty tiny part of the experience, don't u think?

2) I was glad that renovating shops were gone. It was a very silly feature (Ezio owning every single shop in Constantinople/Rome) and really tedious and dull to do. The crafting was pretty poorly designed menu wise (for example, why doesn't things you have allready crafted disappear, why can't you choose how many out of something you want to craft/send away). Overall the economy meant very little as there was almost nothing to buy. The flip side being that those activities were pretty optional.

3) I thought the idea to play as Haytham was cool and I though he was the best character in the game. But the start of the game was too slow imo. There were way too many tutorial type missions (after the first ten hours I was in wtf-mode pretty much). On top of that you had the Desmond things that also drags the tempo down. It was a very bold way to start a AAA-game, but ultimately I think it semi-failed.

4) Use the rooftops more than, they are fun :)! Pull the guards off the rooftops with the ropedarts, never gets old ;). Also the bow is a good way to kill guards before they can raise the alarm.

5) Ziplines were kind of cool. I wouldn't mind some kind of comeback.

Overall I think you are focusing a bit too much on a few negative details. There are also a ton of things that were well done, like the climbable forest for example.

dewgel
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
ok first let me say this i have played through the 98% of the game excluding some of the naval missions. and to be honest i was really dissapponted ,so i decided to narrow down what bugged me the most .

1 the lack of armor or armor-like upgrades now i know that armor wasnt common durning the reveloutionary area but conseidering the shard of eden you can get at the very least ubi could have had some light weight metal fibers woven into connors outfit to reduce some damage .on the same subject connor is not tough at all but that depends on your fighting style .

2 the economy is **** ,yes i know that colonial america isnt rome or constantinople but to be honest i was at least you could revenate shopes like the previous games in addition to the hunting , the crafting while somewhat fun should not have been the soul source of special gear .

3 i did not enjoy playing as haytham , seeing as it takes three sequiences/four really untill you get to play as connor thats half the **** game gone ,i did not spend 60 dollars to play as some *** hole assassin drop out who just wanted power **** if ezio could rise from the grave he'd whipe the floor with haytham and snap him neck .

4 now connor really is fun to play but to be honest i havent used the rooftops of either city to travel (fyi i know fast travel but still this is an assassin's creed game come on ) due to not wanting to be chased by 30 + soilders

and finally the tomhawk was supposed to be also used as the hookblade and no ziplines except for one mission and it was a ****ing cut secene

sorry had to get this out :(

Sushi has already made valid points, but I'll add to it and explain where you are wrong and poorly informed.

1) Armour just isn't required. As you said yourself, the period did not suit it. There was no armour made then. They simply did not have anything like that in the period, regardless, Connor is a Mohawk, not a soldier.

2) The economy is amazing and a much better concept, Steven Masters said recently they ran into UI issues very late in development which probably explains the poor design of the crafting, however once you get the hang of it, crafting and trading is very fun. And much more realistic.

3) The Haytham bits were amazing. The introduction of playing as the protagonist was very clever. The basic idea behind it was that they wanted you to feel close to Haytham, realise that the Templars were not as bad as we all think. They're just one side to a fight, with both sides wanting good in their own unique ways.
We also got the chance to get close, and actually recruit his team, and the Templars of America. Which was clever, considering we got to kill all them after getting close to them earlier in the game. Very clever!

4) That's your choice. Noone's forced you to fast travel. Lose your notoriety and you'll enjoy the city gameplay. It's very fun!

As for the Tomahawk as a Zipline, you've either been misinformed or got your hopes way too high.. no one ever said that it would work like that. It was confirmed that it'll appear as a zipline in Fort Wolcott, which was in the Connor's Story trailer. Apart from that, there was no indication, confirmation nor very much speculation that it would be used as a zipline (Which would be a stupid idea regardless, considering the ziplines were put up Constantinople because the already established Brotherhood had put them there, there was no Brotherhood in Connor's introduction)

Hope you set aside those petty grievances and enjoy the game :)

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I hate to be the **** that brings this up, but in future can you not make thread(s) about how much you liked the game, post in the General Feedback thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

So sick of seeing the front page cluttered with complaint threads.

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 08:06 PM
ok wasn't trying to say i didnt enjoy the game but still some of the stiff could have been done better also didnt mean to come off as winey was trying to advoid that

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:08 PM
ok wasn't trying to say i didnt enjoy the game but still some of the stiff could have been done better also didnt mean to come off as winey was trying to advoid that

Well between the gloomy face next to the title "Assassins Creed 3 disappointed" and the cussing, ANYONE is going to think you absolutely HATED the game..

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
sorry about the frowny face i did mark as spoiler at lest

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Sorry, I'm not saying you aren't entitled to express your opinion, but if everybody posts a NEW thread about what they like/dislike about the game, the forum becomes an annoying mess.
Also if you post in the General Feedback thread, your thoughts and opinions are more likely to get back to the developers, as they DO read that thread regularly (Or UbiGabe does). That's why it's a sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Wasn't trying to have a go at you or anything, I should have been more polite.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Sorry, I'm not saying you aren't entitled to express your opinion, but if everybody posts a NEW thread about what they like/dislike about the game, the forum becomes an annoying mess.
Also if you post in the General Feedback thread, your thoughts and opinions are more likely to get back to the developers, as they DO read that thread regularly (Or UbiGabe does). That's why it's a sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Wasn't trying to have a go at you or anything, I should have been more polite.

Listen to this man..

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
why bother tell ubi what what i think the chances that they read it are 10000000000000000/1 odd /not trying to be an *** but thats the way i feel and i really do love ac series but 3 was dissappointing to me and sorry for posting what i think about the game

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:18 PM
why bother tell ubi what what i think the chances that they read it are 10000000000000000/1 odd /not trying to be an *** but thats the way i feel and i really do love ac series but 3 was dissappointing to me and sorry for posting what i think about the game

If that`s how you think, why make a thread about it then ?? He was just trying to help since you seemed interested to let Ubisoft know what you thought about the game..

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 08:33 PM
not the point i havent been posting for long but it seems to me when ever someone critizes ac3 other members are quick to tell that person to go stfu reguardless of weather or not the post is a legemate review of how they feel about the game or not i also did not mean to hurt any feelings but really i doubt that one post to ubisoft will have them wanting to change the game

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
not the point i havent been posting for long but it seems to me when ever someone critizes ac3 other members are quick to tell that person to go stfu reguardless of weather or not the post is a legemate review of how they feel about the game or not i also did not mean to hurt any feelings but really i doubt that one post to ubisoft will have them wanting to change the game

No one told you to shut the **** up....We`re actually helping you...

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 08:38 PM
You're confusing me now... Also seeing as this thread has already been made, I completely disagree with everything in your OP - those things all worked great.

1) Armor would have been useless to Connor - just slowing him down and offering little protection. Connor's defense is his lightning-fast reflexes and superb agility.
2) Renovating shops was just getting stupid by Revelations. Connor had more important things to do than invest in businesses. Plus Ezio came from a BANKING FAMILY - He had experience in the area.
3) Haytham only took up a QUARTER of the story (3 out of 12 sequences) and this was a fantastic way of developing the game's antagonists - As we were able to play as and become somewhat attached to the enemy which I thought was brilliant design choice.
4) Rooftops are a great way to travel in New York (although admittedly not in Boston). The gunmen are up there to get the player to think about where they're going and plan a route. This feature has always been in the series. Just avoid them. Also if you decide to use fast travel a lot then it's inevitable that you won't enjoy the game as much.

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 08:40 PM
fully aware of that and i didnt say you did and appreciate the fact you didnt

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll try to be more clear then:

If you want to give your feedback on the game so that the Developers might read your post and take it into account - Post here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS)

If you want to share your ideas with the community and see what they think, Look for any recent threads (First 2-3 pages of the forum) on the topic you want to discuss , and if you can't find one - make a thread on a specific area of the game you want to discuss with other members/
Eg: "What did you think of the rooftop navigation in AC3?"

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 08:47 PM
sorry what i ment to say is that it feels like as soon as you get on the rooftop every ****ing ******* soilder in the ****ing city chases you and dont tell me that it has awalys been that way brotherhood and revelations were not like that hell 2 didnt have that unless your notaritey was the highest /off topic sorry if my spelling is a bit rough spell check is blocked by my fire wall

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:51 PM
sorry what i ment to say is that it feels like as soon as you get on the rooftop every ****ing ******* soilder in the ****ing city chases you and dont tell me that it has awalys been that way brotherhood and revelations were not like that hell 2 didnt have that unless your notaritey was the highest /off topic sorry if my spelling is a bit rough spell check is blocked by my fire wall

I just use my trusty air assasinate, triple shot technique:p kills all nearby guards on roofs

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:01 PM
if this gets me banned fine infectednation there is such a thing as a game review which i was trying to make now apparently you see me as either wining ,being an ******* or just some troll the fact that i am bringing up what i feel are somethings that are missing should not mean that i have to post some subsection 5.3.2.7.8 part of the fourm just to be heard oh and if you cant tell thats me being sarcastic

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:04 PM
if this gets me banned fine infectednation there is such a thing as a game review which i was trying to make now apparently you see me as either wining ,being an ******* or just some troll the fact that i am bringing up what i feel are somethings that are missing should not mean that i have to post some subsection 5.3.2.7.8 part of the fourm just to be heard oh and if you cant tell thats me being sarcastic
Why will that get you banned ?? Also, he explained.....That the Devs do not look at individual threads..they only look at the stickied thread for feedback. making more threads will just give the mods here a hard time....That`s the whole thing

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:07 PM
"So be it. I offered you an olive branch, and you knocked it from my hand"

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:11 PM
look all i was trying to say was i wrote a review of things i felt were missing also about the buying stores why not its called Entrepreneur second the shard of eden could have been made to block 25% of all damage thats not at all gamebreaking and would make a **** load of a lot more sense that a chance to deflect musket balls

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:13 PM
not joking where was the olive branch

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:13 PM
look all i was trying to say was i wrote a review of things i felt were missing also about the buying stores why not its called Entrepreneur second the shard of eden could have been made to block 25% of all damage thats not at all gamebreaking and would make a **** load of a lot more sense that a chance to deflect musket balls

Because a Shard of Eden makes sense :rolleyes:

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:16 PM
::)thats my whole point the game isnt historically accurate nor does it make sense in that respect so asking for any kind of armor isnt out of context

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:18 PM

Connor isn't an entrepreneur though, he's an assassin fighting for the safety of his people and the freedom of the colonists.
And I can't help but disagree about your second point there - why do we need armor when we have a much more balanced combat system with appropriate synchronisation/damage rather than a nifty lil' thing which will sometimes save your *** when you've been caught of guard by gunmen or trying to escape them?

Eg: You're climbing a tall building, guard shoots you but you don't fall because the shard deflects bullets. It's useful :)

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:18 PM
thats my whole point the game isnt historically accurate nor does it make sense in that respect so asking for any kind of armor isnt out of context
It is..

The game has the fictious element and Accurate element...

Neither can interfere with the other. Historical accuracy is more important than anything in it`s own field.

TrueAssassin77
12-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I agree with you on the haytham and armor part. I know armor wasn't the thing back then, but they still should have replaced the feature with some sort of equivalent. something similar. but instead they just get rid of it. makes it seem like a lack of player progression. COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE HAYTHAM PART. exactly man. ex-^%^%^%^&-actly!

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:21 PM
I agree with you on the haytham and armor part. I know armor wasn't the thing back then, but they still should have replaced the feature with some sort of equivalent. something similar. but instead they just get rid of it. makes it seem like a lack of player progression. COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE HAYTHAM PART. exactly man. ex-^%^%^%^&-actly!
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/thumb/2/2e/Haytham_kenway_by_babiebroly-d5irowm.jpg/468px-Haytham_kenway_by_babiebroly-d5irowm.jpg

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:21 PM
what do you call the homested then and as for balanced combat that may be true but not for fighting 30+ enemies in boston or new york cause the dection range is redicules

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:22 PM
what do you call the homested then and as for balanced combat that may be true but not for fighting 30+ enemies in boston or new york cause the dection range is redicules

What do you mean by Homestead ??

And Oh no.... You actually say that Combat is hard ?

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:23 PM
thank you im not asking ezio level armor just something that doesnt make me feel like connor is made of cardboard

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:24 PM
yes some of us do actually find it hard shocking i know / the homestead ie davenport

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Any character or real person should struggle/ be unable to take on 30 people in combat.

EDIT: If you're being detected too easily - lower your notoriety.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:25 PM
yes some of us do actually find it hard shocking i know / the homestead ie davenport

My god.....Combat is getting easier next year........again :|

Yes I know you mean Davenport Homestead....What does that have to do with the conversation ??

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
My god.....Combat is getting easier next year........again :|

Yes I know you mean Davenport Homestead....What does that have to do with the conversation ??

I think he's pointing out that the Homestead is a historical inaccuracy, not that it really matters though - do we have well known documented evidence of what that region of the coast was really used for? It's like pointing out that AC2 onwards were inaccurate because the Templars were really disbanded in the 14th century.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
I think he's pointing out that the Homestead is a historical inaccuracy, not that it really matters though - do we have well known documented evidence of what that region of the coast was really used for?

If that`s true then we`d get into a waaaaay more complex argument, but seeing how he is...I dont think he wants one

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
the homestead is an example of Entrepreneurism and is accouact at least the idea is

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
the homestead is an example of Entrepreneurism and is accouact at least the idea is

Oh thaaaaaaaaat

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
whatisnt accuract is the ****ing shard of eden

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
whatisnt accuract is the ****ing shard of eden

Stop cussing ?

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
sorry will stop cussing

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
sorry will stop cussing
Thank You:)

Connor is historically inaccurate:p

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:35 PM
lol most true but my point is that they should have put in a better replacement to armor that the shard which rarely works

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I thought the homestead was more to do with necessity + community than business.

Achilles needed woodwork - Connor saved a lumberer and woodworker and suggested they settled down near to Davenport Manor so that they could help them repair it. From there onwards, Connor got more people to settle in so that his new friends would be provided for without having to travel to Boston or Lexington, and that the people he helped could have a fresh start.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:37 PM
lol most true but my point is that they should have put in a better replacement to armor that the shard which rarely works

For me...I repeat...for me...The outfits were a replacement for armor...True, it does not increase health or anything, but.... I kinda like it that way....I just can`t believe how you find combat hard...and in AC ??? Just How ??? :|

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm getting a horrible feeling that there are some players who want Assassin's Creed 10 to still be following the framework of the Ezio trilogy :/

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm getting a horrible feeling that there are some players who want Assassin's Creed 10 to still be following the framework of the Ezio trilogy :/

That`s scary :|

Actually I dont want to think about it

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:42 PM
because the combat to me is not very well defined i.e getting headbutted by a scout should not take 20% of my health and it seems that evey time you attack someone either hits your with the butt of a gun or three soliders gang up on you and stab you to death

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
because the combat to me is not very well defined i.e getting headbutted by a scout should not take 20% of my health and it seems that evey time you attack someone either hits your with the butt of a gun or three soliders gang up on you and stab you to death

I must be paying another game.....Gang up on you ?? What game are you playing ?? Seriously

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
wait so you hate the combat in the ezio games ok starting to see why some what i said pissed people off /fyi ezio is great

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
wait so you hate the combat in the ezio games ok starting to see why some what i said pissed people off /fyi ezio is great

I hate the combat in all the games....It`s too damm easy....also, Ezio`s great ? Ok ?

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:46 PM
yea the frontier and yea i know its usally near the forts also im not asking for an easy game ac is not easy i like that but ubi needs to give us a little edge and not the shard does not count

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
ac is not easy ubi needs to give us a little edge

You did not just say that :|

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
wait you hate the combat ok cool to each his own for me the hook blade finishers in revelations were awesome

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:48 PM
wait you hate the combat ok cool to each his own for me the hook blade finishers in revelations were awesome

What do Animations have to do with Combat ?? D:

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:48 PM
ment to say ac is not easy i dont play for easy thats why i like the games just want a little protection thats all

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:50 PM
ment to say ac is not easy i dont play for easy thats why i like the games just want a little protection thats all
I`m so happy for You....I truly am...

You find the game hard......Hard....AC is hard.....I`ll go die now :|

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:50 PM
just that it was satsfying to know that if i had to i could wipe out soilders and not totally get my *** kicked

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
At least when the next is easy as crap I`ll know who to blame....I`m out of this....IT`S A MAD HOUSE

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
again sorry for the cussing

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
im sorry im going to make the next ac game too easy

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:55 PM
If a big scary Scot headbutted me in a fight - I reckon I'd be 20% of the way to being brutally killed... He could give Connor concussion/double vision, knock him out... etc. It kinda sounds like you're used to playing superheroes who are resistant to everything and cannot be hurt.

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 09:56 PM
IT`S A MAD HOUSE

Or soooo they claim...?

TheHumanTowel
12-19-2012, 09:57 PM
This is an odd thread. But kind of a nice one as well.

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
so gathering that you hated the following armor of brutus ,armor of altiar ,and all the other iunbreakable armor then and you also hate medice from the ezio games

InfectedNation
12-19-2012, 10:02 PM
so gathering that you hated the following armor of brutus (YES) ,armor of altiar (Nope - it worked as an awesome armor you acquire before the final confrontation, didn't really need it for combat though) ,and all the other iunbreakable armor then and you also hate medice from the ezio games (SO MUCH!)

also you're ignoring how different the fighting systems were between the Ezio games and AC3. In Brotherhood and Revelations I actually avoided armor as much as was possible.

ShrunkLawyer0
12-19-2012, 10:16 PM
two things
1impressed that you avoided armor and medicen in those game
2 for some others we actually like both armor and medicen the armor of brutus however was one butt ugly armor but guessing thats not why you hated it