PDA

View Full Version : Privateer Contract 12: The Giant and the Storm

mr_doom1987
12-19-2012, 03:11 PM
In this mission it is really hard to get full sync! Seriously, i completely upgraded my ship, but then i just keep failing this mission! I feel like these missions like this should be nerfed, because this is ridiculous! I'm now stuck at 99% sync, because of it.
EDIT: I completed it in full sync by ramming it from the front and by listening to montagemik's suggestion (thanks).:p

montagemik
12-19-2012, 03:50 PM
This mission is close to impossible to get full sync! Seriously, i completely upgraded my ship, but then i just keep failing this mission! What was Ubisoft thinking when they added this in the game?! These missions like this should be nerfed, because this is ridiculous! I'm now stuck at 99% sync, because of it!!!

You're actually stuck at 99% sync because of your Temper - Not because it's impossible (& it Doesn't need nerfing)

Approach the 3 ships with them to your LEFT side - Chain shot the Man-o War & the 2 frigates to stop them dead in the water. .
Then go pick each one off with round or heat shot , head for the Front of each ship - FULL STOP & aim half your Cannon shot on just their Bow - 1 or 2 shots should expose their Barrel weakspots . Shoot when exposed .

The only difficult part is avoiding / ducking Rogue waves & timing your shot between waves.

How easy SHOULD they make this for you ?? ...........just keep blasting all cannons & win !! ?? .......... would be a little boring .

ProletariatPleb
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Took me 1 retry, no need for nerfing, what is this Battlefield 3? Nerfing an already easy game...

mr_doom1987
12-19-2012, 04:12 PM
You're actually stuck at 99% sync because of your Temper - Not because it's impossible (& it Doesn't need nerfing)

Approach the 3 ships with them to your LEFT side - Chain shot the Man-o War & the 2 frigates to stop them dead in the water. .
Then go pick each one off with round or heat shot , head for the Front of each ship - FULL STOP & aim half your Cannon shot on just their Bow - 1 or 2 shots should expose their Barrel weakspots . Shoot when exposed .

The only difficult part is avoiding / ducking Rogue waves & timing your shot between waves.

How easy SHOULD they make this for you ?? ...........just keep blasting all cannons & win !! ?? .......... would be a little boring .
They could at least put a checkpoint, instead of doing the mission over and over from the beginning. Don't get me wrong, i do menage to blow up the powder, but i just can't menage to hit all 3 of them without failing. You have to be REALLY precise to do it. They should make it like they did in other missions, after a few shots, the critical point is revealed by itself. Why did they do this in those, but not in this one?

Aphex_Tim
12-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, i do menage to blow up the powder, but i just can't menage to hit all 3 of them without failing. You have to be REALLY precise to do it. They should make it like they did in other missions, after a few shots, the critical point is revealed by itself. Why did they do this in those, but not in this one?

Firing heatshot at the bow usually exposes the powder instantly.

jenyto
12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Not sure what the complains are all about, I just chain shot them to stop them from running around and went in front of them and just shot the round shots, got the weak point easily.

mr_doom1987
12-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Not sure what the complains are all about, I just chain shot them to stop them from running around and went in front of them and just shot the round shots, got the weak point easily.
Yeah, it's easy when the Aquilla is not upgraded, but when it's at full strenght, it's too strong and instead of revealing the powder, it just ends up destroying it.

jenyto
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it's easy when the Aquilla is not upgraded, but when it's at full strenght, it's too strong and instead of revealing the powder, it just ends up destroying it.
I did it at full upgrade o-o
A single round shot was never strong enough to sink it in 1 hit in my game...

MT4K
12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
The way i did it with a fully upgraded ship was like others have said. Chain shot to stop them dead. Then sailed to the front and i used round shot on the front. I tapped the button to make sure it wasn't a focused shot and so minimal rounds actually hit the ship (When you hold the button you eventually hear a click which means all the cannons are focused and aimed properly). Then it exposed the powder without causing the ships to sink. It may take a couple shots when not focusing the shots, but the risk of sinking them before revealing the powder is much lower.

mr_doom1987
12-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I did it at full upgrade o-o
A single round shot was never strong enough to sink it in 1 hit in my game...
Then i guess lucky you. I finally got full sync but in a lot more complicated way. I wish that didn't take me so much time. And there seems to be a glitch after completing these missions - When trading on the Virgin Islands, the risk is still 80%, even though i finished all the privateer contracts.