PDA

View Full Version : Predators Killing Prey

ReDLaCES22
12-19-2012, 02:07 AM
So I have clocked numerous hours into this game and have yet to witness a predator take down or kill prey. I'm curious if anyone has come across an event like this (and I'm not talking about watching a wolf eating a dead, lifeless corpse), but actually seeing one animal attack another? Anyone seen anything like this?

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 02:49 AM
I`v seen wolves attacking a Cow once...

Attacking a Deer AND proceeding to feast on it.....Until they saw me..

Saw a Bear trying to catch fish too....if that counts

dannymorass
12-19-2012, 04:06 AM
ive only seen wolves attacking deer and a fox chaseing a rabbit.

xboxauditore
12-19-2012, 07:17 AM
I once saw a Wolf kill one of a Two man patrol, I got the achievement then.

Paribissee
12-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Ive seen bobcats kill soldiers funny ****! Also wolf killing deer

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I once saw a beer cub derping around. Tried to kill it, but the game won't let me. :(

shobhit7777777
12-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I once saw a beer cub derping around. Tried to kill it, but the game won't let me. :(

You couldn't kill it because beer cannot reproduce and ergo...there is no cub...

BTW Which city are you in? In real life that is..

montagemik
12-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Witnessed in the Frontier & homestead
a Cougar killing soldiers
a bobcat killing soldiers
Bear cubs playing
Bear fishing for jumping fish
Wolves attack / kill a deer
Wolves eating deer remains
Wolf chasing a rabbit
Bear eating beaver remains

Wolves regularly attack the cows on the Homestead too.
i've even seen a fox steal a chicken.

But i've yet to find ANY snakes in the Frontier ...........funny considering we can collect / craft Snake bite remedy & the Printers make "don't tread on me" Snake posters . :nonchalance:

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Which city are you in? In real life that is..

Patna. :D

shobhit7777777
12-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Patna. :D

BIHAR!

Folks...Pirate is an Indian Redneck ;)

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 02:09 PM
>.>

ReDLaCES22
12-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Witnessed in the Frontier & homestead
a Cougar killing soldiers
a bobcat killing soldiers
Bear cubs playing
Bear fishing for jumping fish
Wolves attack / kill a deer
Wolves eating deer remains
Wolf chasing a rabbit
Bear eating beaver remains

Wolves regularly attack the cows on the Homestead too.
i've even seen a fox steal a chicken.

But i've yet to find ANY snakes in the Frontier ...........funny considering we can collect / craft Snake bite remedy & the Printers make "don't tread on me" Snake posters . :nonchalance:

Fox stealing a chicken? Really. From where? I'm sorry to be a skeptic in this case, but that seems highly implausible. I can't imagine that Ubisoft would implement such a random and slick action by a creature in the Frontier. I'm still astounded how everyone whom commented seen such a myriad of wildlife performing such kills and actions in the Frontier.

Does anyone know how can I stumble across any of this stuff. I've beat the game and I'm on my second playthrough and have yet to come across any of this. How can I catch some of this National Geographic action??

MT4K
12-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Fox stealing a chicken? Really. From where? I'm sorry to be a skeptic in this case, but that seems highly implausible. I can't imagine that Ubisoft would implement such a random and slick action by a creature in the Frontier. I'm still astounded how everyone whom commented seen such a myriad of wildlife performing such kills and actions in the Frontier.

Does anyone know how can I stumble across any of this stuff. I've beat the game and I'm on my second playthrough and have yet to come across any of this. How can I catch some of this National Geographic action??

Stop and pay attention from time to time. You will occasionally hear a whistle type of sound. it means animals or something nearby is performing actions like thiese and other stuff for you to see.

ReDLaCES22
12-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Stop and pay attention from time to time. You will occasionally hear a whistle type of sound. it means animals or something nearby is performing actions like thiese and other stuff for you to see.

Oh so that's what that random whistle noise means when roaming through the Frontier and the Homestead. I thought it was related to Connor's Native-American background in someway but I couldn't pinpoint what it was for. I just thought because he's Native-American that occasionally there's like some mysterious figure or a indigenous person from his tribe or something making some type of noise in the background for no apparent reason. But cool.

BTW, @MT4K, do you work for Ubisoft or are you a part of the AC3 team?

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 08:17 PM
BTW, MT4K, do you work for Ubisoft?

He is their favorite cat......They abuse him:p

Dejan507
12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Wait this whole time i thought that sound was an amazing bird of some sort!

MT4K
12-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Nah i don't work for Ubisoft.

Well i'm glad you guys know now. Go forth and make David Attenborough proud.

ReDLaCES22
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM

David Attenborough? Who's that? And BTW, you never answered my question if whether you work for Ubisoft or not...? Just curious.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
David Attenborough? Who's that? And BTW, you never answered my question if whether you work for Ubisoft or not...? Just curious.

He just did xD

Mjandrews82
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM

Yeah i tried this to !! kinda sucks dont it :( , i have seen wolfs attacking a deer but thats about all ive seen thus far.

Mjandrews82
12-19-2012, 10:25 PM

David Attenborough is only one of the most famous natural world explorer and narrators ever !! check out life on earth - i am not a wildlife buff but even i found very interesting , he goes all over the world and sometimes to the most remote places !! he is pretty awesome !!

ReDLaCES22
12-19-2012, 11:29 PM

So, once again, I'm curious: How do you know that signals an interesting event is about to happen with the wildlife in the Frontier?

MT4K
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
So, once again, I'm curious: How do you know that signals an interesting event is about to happen with the wildlife in the Frontier?

Because i've seen it in action. Plus Shade even confirmed it once in the past shortly after the game's release :p.

ReDLaCES22
12-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah i tried this to !! kinda sucks dont it :( , i have seen wolfs attacking a deer but thats about all ive seen thus far.

Deer!? Seriously? Why haven't I seen this. Stuff like this drive me nuts. I'm really curious on how I can encounter situations like this? There's videos which verify that it is possible to catch wolves attacking people, but haven't seen anything about wolves attacking animals. There are numerous claims like yours that affirm it though. I just wish there was some easy way to catch this. I think its interesting that this game has National Geographic moments like this.

jenyto
12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Deer!? Seriously? Why haven't I seen this. Stuff like this drive me nuts. I'm really curious on how I can encounter situations like this? There's videos which verify that it is possible to catch wolves attacking people, but haven't seen anything about wolves attacking animals. There are numerous claims like yours that affirm it though. I just wish there was some easy way to catch this. I think its interesting that this game has National Geographic moments like this.

Near concord, to the west, there's a swamp like area with wolves, that's usually where I see the wolves kill a deer.
In Packanack, west of the dirt road, there's always 2 soldiers walking around and they are usually attacked by a bobcat.
Also in that area to the west, past the river is the bear area, so you can just stay in a safe spot and watch them mill about.
In the Black Creek, towards the south, I remember there being wolves in that area, and they will attack the soldiers stationned there.
and in Kanieh:keh, when Connor was teaching his friend to hunt, I saw plenty of fox chasing a hare.

I also had a Male elk attack a passing troop once :o

To see theses, you just have to take time to explore and watch the animals.

Oh and since David Attenborough was mentionned, I'll leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuopJYLBvrI

He's the narrator btw.

CalgaryJay
12-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Another solid place to see this (at least for me) is at the very summit in the Great Peace Hills, where that camp had the dead body from the animal attack Boone told you about. Lots of elk & bobcats up there. Seen a bobcat go after both people & female elk a few times.

On a side note, that area may be my favourite spot in the whole Frontier. Such a picturesque area, and with all the big game, you rack up the fur trade moneys pretty quick.

FreshGroundFX
12-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Seeing animals take out guards is the best. And you get an achievement for watching it :D

ReDLaCES22
12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Near concord, to the west, there's a swamp like area with wolves, that's usually where I see the wolves kill a deer.
In Packanack, west of the dirt road, there's always 2 soldiers walking around and they are usually attacked by a bobcat.
Also in that area to the west, past the river is the bear area, so you can just stay in a safe spot and watch them mill about.
In the Black Creek, towards the south, I remember there being wolves in that area, and they will attack the soldiers stationned there.
and in Kanieh:keh, when Connor was teaching his friend to hunt, I saw plenty of fox chasing a hare.

I also had a Male elk attack a passing troop once :o

To see theses, you just have to take time to explore and watch the animals.

Oh and since David Attenborough was mentionned, I'll leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuopJYLBvrI

He's the narrator btw.

Thank you so much bro. I'm definitely going to use the information you gave me to see any of these occurrences. And I also heard about foxes chasing deer and have yet to seen this as well! I've seen foxes and deer in that area but no chases. I'm really going to do my best to pay attention bro. Thanks a lot!

Also, you said that I can catch an area where I can see wolves attacking deer near Concord. Did you mean to the West of Concord or in the West part of the Frontier near Concord? I'm a little bit confused on that.

ReDLaCES22
12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Another solid place to see this (at least for me) is at the very summit in the Great Peace Hills, where that camp had the dead body from the animal attack Boone told you about. Lots of elk & bobcats up there. Seen a bobcat go after both people & female elk a few times.

On a side note, that area may be my favourite spot in the whole Frontier. Such a picturesque area, and with all the big game, you rack up the fur trade moneys pretty quick.

Wow. In a second when I get on AC3 I'm definitely going to check that out. Thanks bro ;-)

eagleforlife1
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
I have only ever seen wolves eating a deer carcass. That got me the tropgy. The only other thing remotely like this I have seen is two deer fawns suckling from their mother. I killed the mother and felt awful afterwards as the fawns ran away. It felt like Bambi all over again :(

ACfan443
12-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I've seen animals take out guards, but I haven't seen animals attack other animals.

jenyto
12-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Also, you said that I can catch an area where I can see wolves attacking deer near Concord. Did you mean to the West of Concord or in the West part of the Frontier near Concord? I'm a little bit confused on that.
Just west of Concord.
Though it might not happen all the time to be honest.

ReDLaCES22
12-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Just west of Concord.
Though it might not happen all the time to be honest.

That's okay. At least you've given me an option. Appreciate it! Hopefully I'll see something!

SixKeys
12-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I have only ever seen wolves eating a deer carcass. That got me the tropgy. The only other thing remotely like this I have seen is two deer fawns suckling from their mother. I killed the mother and felt awful afterwards as the fawns ran away. It felt like Bambi all over again :(

Haha, I had this with some bears and wolf cubs. In my defence, I would have gotten killed if I hadn't fought back, but I still felt kinda bad for killing their moms.

smke1
12-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Have a few game saves, one at 100% sync, the other two in Boston & New York when British Regular Troop strength is in its peak (sorry..killing redcoats satisfies my inner assassin much more than picking on blues..). Anyway to get to the point.. -- If anyone is still having trouble glimpsing Animal Attacks on soldiers...the funniest thing to do when you have a few minutes is gain full notoriety in the frontier, then when Jaegers are spawning to your right and left, back and front, hit the trees with your bait loaded up. Make your way to John's Town or Great Piece Hills(bears in J.T., wolves in G.P.H.), remembering to stay in the trees, drop some bait and the bears/wolves won't be far behind. In my experience with the game, ANY Jaeger in Conner's wake or immediate vicinity, gingerly strolling through the woods, will be attacked/mauled when encroaching into Conner's wild kingdom... So anyway just if your bored, try it out and get a few laughs out of it, kind of my own furry grenade payback for the devs equipping Jaegers with a fail safe(their own grenades) to end my Jaeger Bomb streaks.

P.S. if you're really crafty, you already know where the bear/wolves spawn spots in each of those two areas are. I've had a pack of 12 wolves roaming beneath me, taking Jaegers out one by one. The bears are equally enjoyable to watch, but there is something about having that wolfpack do the work.

***forgot to mention...don't fall or accidentally jump out of the tree unless you are adept at the animal attack button mini-fight. Helps to keep the Rope Dart handy to strangle any stragglers from above.