PDA

View Full Version : One thing I would have loved to see in this game

the_atm
12-18-2012, 09:24 PM
So I've always loved AC games, they are one of the best examples of open world games. but just about every open world game out there misses one thing. Voices.

Now don't get me wrong, during the story the voice acting is top notch, no what I mean is during free roam Connor does not speak. that's in just about every game though.

One thing I would have loved to see was Connor speak to people. I don't mean the chats I mean like if he's passing someone he might say "Have a nice day" or something along those lines. My best example would be in RDR with the circle button and he tips his hat and says something. I bothers me when not in story missions the characters are mutes. Maybe Connor could instead of whistle from a hide spot he could taunt like "Hey lobster back!" or something, I don't know...

thoughts? Please i'm curious to hear your opinions.

TheHumanTowel
12-18-2012, 09:29 PM
I think it would be great if Connor just asks people passing by "Where is Charles Lee?" every once in a while. I would be so immersed. I'm gonna make a petition real quick. brb

xboxauditore
12-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I think it would be great if Connor just asks people passing by "Where is Charles Lee?" every once in a while. I would be so immersed. I'm gonna make a petition real quick. brb

Haha, "Where is Charles Lee" "He's dead, sir"................. "Where is Charles Lee"

the_atm
12-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Ok well this was a serious topic...

xboxauditore
12-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I honestly think this isn't a very Assassin like thing, Besides, Connor seems like a Silent type in public, I can't easily picture him just saying Hello to everyone he passes because It doesn't A. Suit Connors Personality and B. Because what kind of Assassin just says "Hello!" to everyone?

Aphex_Tim
12-18-2012, 10:14 PM

That, or "what would you have me do?"

rocketxsurgeon
12-18-2012, 10:23 PM

haha love this idea.

TOMatXL
12-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Haha, "Where is Charles Lee" "He's dead, sir"................. "Where is Charles Lee"

LOL! ;) exactly! I bet the voice actor nowadays still wakes up soaking wet in the middle of the night after yelling that.
Sh*t, Ubisoft should make a bind button for this question :p

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 02:56 AM
Wouldn't work for an Assassin who`s, SUPPOSEDLY, main use of stealth depends mostly on Social Stealth..

Just my 2 cents..

Gi1t
12-19-2012, 03:57 AM
I like the idea. :D Prince of Persia had random communication between Elika and the Prince and that was VERY immersive. :) I would say, make a lot of possible lines and maybe something to stop the same ones from coming up too frequently, if it's not too much trouble. The great thing about random bits of dialogue in any game is that you can have one or two unexpected or funny lines mixed in there that only happen very rarely. :D

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 06:58 AM
During the initial part when Haytham landed in Boston, I spotted him bowing his head slightly at passing ladies. That was a nice touch.. didn't see it in other parts of the game, and don't think it would suit Connor's character much.

Sushiglutton
12-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes and no. Connor seems like someone who is not that interested in smaltalk. I mean he's not really the hairdresser type of person. At the same time I agree it's a bit nice if Connor acknowledge the people around him in the world in ohter ways than just shoving them around. Maybe if it was player controlled in some simple way like RDR.

I think the whistle is better than him saying something. The latter would give away that it was a human and the soldier would raise the alarm.

shobhit7777777
12-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I think the whistle is better than him saying something. The latter would give away that it was a human and the soldier would raise the alarm.

And how many animals do you know who can whistle off a melody?

Simple touches like "My apologies" or "pardon me" would be welcome....it goes well with Connor's personality....but not too much, don't want him to come off as an apologetic limp-****

And on the note of distractions things like "Hey I need some help" in an accent....

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Guy in white hood covered with weapons to random guy: Hey how you doing. D: