PDA

View Full Version : Still bad stutters at 18th December 2012.

devalera2011
12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
:mad:Still stutters

I of course have the latest patch as downloaded by steam and yesterday the 17th Dec 2012 tried a total reinstall of IL-2 COD but still severe stutters. I really love this game and would spend hours on the steep learning curve but I just can't get past the stuttering. My system is a AMD bulldozer 6100 6 core cpu running a 3.3mgz, 8 mg of ddr3 ram 1333, and an ATI Radeon 7870 GPU. which should be more that enough, The strange thing is according to Fraps the frame rates are between 40fps and 50fps at say the first campaign mission when I am sitting on the ground waiting to take off, I look up and the german bombers going across the sky, or should I say jump across sky above the airfeild. Those stutters or freezes if you like are still there. Can't help thinking what we PC gamers have to put up with, I mean if you bought a TV or say a new car that kept stopping and starting you would take it back for repair or refund. After all what we are buying in IL-2 COD is a faulty product, there is nothing on the box or on Steam to say, " this game has faults and may freeze up during play and doesn't run properly. Its not good enough. My system plays X-plane 10 which is a very heavy simulator on medium to high settings smooth as silk, all the Total War series in ultra settings and of course Wings of Prey no problem so its back to Wings of Prey again I suppose.
If anyone has any other help to offer in stopping these stutters I would be forever in your debt, of course I don't mean the makers or producers of this game, who is it Maddox games or something that would be to much to ask.

Worf101
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Are you playhing "IL2 1046" or "IL2 Cliffs of Dover"? If you're playing "IL2 1946" there's no way you should be having those kinds of problems. If you're playing CloD good luck brudder. I've a similar set-up as your and I get good if not great Framerates. Something is quite wrong in there. But I suggest you go to the CloD forum and ask there.

Worf

devalera2011
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi' yes its Cliff of Dover I'm playing, or rather not playing as I can't stand the stutters, but thanks for the reply.

lefturns007
12-23-2012, 02:06 AM
I have the same problem running far cry 3 on my PC, I love the game but my eyes hurt when I play it. Its only the far cry games that stutter bad, I can play any other game with no problem which makes me think it has to be a problem with the game itself and not my PC.

devalera2011
12-24-2012, 10:26 AM
just out of interest, what is your vid card?.