PDA

View Full Version : Where's the 1 hour's worth of DLC in Hidden Secrets

PCJOHNO
12-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I just played through all the Hidden Secrets DLC and I was was shocked that it only lasted me about 15 minutes to complete.

I love AC3 and im not the best gamer in the world but 15 mins for DLC is disgusting and it was so basic gameplay it was ridiculous. What happened to the hour it was supposed to be.

When I bought the season pass I did not think it would include all the free stuff for pre-order. Its just a complete farce.

Borderlands 2 has 4 download packages with the Season pass and up to now all the DLC content is quite substansive. The pre-order stuff is not included in the season pass.

My question is what more DLC content will we be getting after the King Washington DLC. Will that actual be 6 hours as promised? Will there be more side missions, club challenges. At the moment on the single player side of things I have nothing else to do.

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
This is exactly why I never buy any non-Bethesda, non-Gearbox DLCs. They are not good value for money. Most likely the Washington DLC would be 4-5 hours and for what? 30$? Ridiculous.

pacmanate
12-18-2012, 09:16 PM
I told you guys that they triple/quadruple the time for DLCs but no one listens to me.

kuled2012
12-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I told you guys that they triple/quadruple the time for DLCs but no one listens to me.
What was that? Can't hear you.

STEALTH SNAKEY
12-18-2012, 09:30 PM
I just played through all the Hidden Secrets DLC and I was was shocked that it only lasted me about 15 minutes to complete.

I love AC3 and im not the best gamer in the world but 15 mins for DLC is disgusting and it was so basic gameplay it was ridiculous. What happened to the hour it was supposed to be.

When I bought the season pass I did not think it would include all the free stuff for pre-order. Its just a complete farce.

Borderlands 2 has 4 download packages with the Season pass and up to now all the DLC content is quite substansive. The pre-order stuff is not included in the season pass.

My question is what more DLC content will we be getting after the King Washington DLC. Will that actual be 6 hours as promised? Will there be more side missions, club challenges. At the moment on the single player side of things I have nothing else to do.

the last DLC included some weapons and some trading stuff with 1 mission that took 5mins to get a new blade. i dont know what the new dlc will be

pacmanate
12-18-2012, 10:01 PM
6 hours of content, I am guessing with all 3 DLCs we will get about 2 hours maximum of actual missions.

For each DLC I think they will be about 40 minutes of mission time.

Jexx21
12-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Games have been $60 as a standard for a decade now. They are actually making less money on the base price than before.

SleezeRocker
12-19-2012, 12:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbtOG4bfxE

lol couldn't resist

@PCJohno yeah dlc aren't really ever as they're adverised sadly
Like the Bendict Arnold misisons were supposedly 1hr as well but I finished those in like 25min
Arkham City Harley's Revenge was supposed to be like 1-2 hours but i did it in like 20-30min (also not enough robin time T_T)

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Hence why Gearbox DLCs rock. I've always spent more time than they have announced. I must have spent close to 25 hours in the two Borderlands 2 DLCs launched till now. Makes these other DLCs seem puny in comparison.

Assassin_M
12-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Hence why Gearbox DLCs rock. I've always spent more time than they have announced. I must have spent close to 25 hours in the two Borderlands 2 DLCs launched till now. Makes these other DLCs seem *crap in comparison.
*fixed

pirate1802
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Hmm.. Won't say crap because the TOKG DLC indeed looks verrry interesting, but they aren't just big enough to warrant the price tag. My pocket aint that big to enable me to pay half the game price (or, in my country, 1.5 times the actual game price, believe it or not!) to enjoy at best six hours, no matter how awesome those six hours may be. SO I'll hold on to my wallet :p

jamgamerforever
12-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I already had two-thirds of the DLC because I bought the Freedom Edition, but altogether it took around 35-40 minutes. Sure, that's not an hour, but how did you complete all 4 missions in 15 minutes?

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 12:39 AM
i just played through all the hidden secrets dlc and i was was shocked that it only lasted me about 15 minutes to complete.

I love ac3 and im not the best gamer in the world but 15 mins for dlc is disgusting and it was so basic gameplay it was ridiculous. What happened to the hour it was supposed to be.

When i bought the season pass i did not think it would include all the free stuff for pre-order. Its just a complete farce.

Borderlands 2 has 4 download packages with the season pass and up to now all the dlc content is quite substansive. The pre-order stuff is not included in the season pass.

My question is what more dlc content will we be getting after the king washington dlc. Will that actual be 6 hours as promised? Will there be more side missions, club challenges. At the moment on the single player side of things i have nothing else to do.
every dev should be looking at rockstar on how to make dlc.

Chocoburger
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure where you got the number 15 but that is completely off. I only own the Best Buy pre-order missions which are Ghost of War part 1 and 2. Both missions total to about 10 minutes. If you're completing 3 additional missions on top of the 2 I know about, then it sure as heck takes more than 15 minutes. Perhaps you didn't actually complete it all, perhaps you're over exaggerating how little content it is, or perhaps something else, but 15 minutes is just wrong.

Go back and complete all 5 missions again, and use a stopwatch to time yourself. It should be about 30-40 minutes (add a few extra minutes since the first time through takes longer than a speed run).

kite9000
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM

It all depends on how you define 'complete'.
At the following link you can see a play through of 'a dangerous secret'
http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/A_Dangerous_Secret
As you'll notice that takes 7 minutes alone, if you're able to pull it off perfectly in one go.
This means that you then have 8 minutes left for Lost Mayan Ruins and the Ghost of War.
In short, OP is full of it.

He reminds me of those that were complaining barely a couple of days after release about how short AC3 is. That they played the entire game in less then 20hours , some even less then 9hous. I was hearing and reading those comments and kind of braced myself on a very short game. I however didn't rush, did lost of exploring, did all missions, side missions and such. Getting all trophies etc. Taking my time to enjoy the look and feel of the game. Didn't go on to a next missions until I had 100% on the previous one. It took me +70 hours. Which for a 'short' game is pretty darn long I would say.

That is isn't an hours worth I wouldn't find surprising seeing that it consist of 3 missions that were added as bonusses to begin with. This however doesn't mean you have to lie because it isn't exactly what you had hoped for.

I'm still on the fence about getting the pass because for 30 Euro I could buy a full game second hand instead of having a few missions that would, at best, last me 7 hours. If however the King George DLC's are fantastic then I might just get it.

TheSpong
12-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Yep, the Hidden Secrets DLC was a damp squib for sure, I got half an hour out of it at the most. I posted the e-mail Ubi sent me on another forum, mocking their one hour of extra gameplay claim. If this was proper DLC and not just a few pre-order unlocks then I'd have been genuinely annoyed. As it is though, the Mayan temple secret location was a massive disappointment, it lasts barely five minutes.

But look at it this way; at least it's not another Lost Archives DLC. Worst. DLC. Ever.

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Am I the only one who didn't buy the Lost Archives? :p

pirate1802
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
every dev should be looking at rockstar on how to make dlc.

And Gearbox too.

TheSpong
12-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Am I the only one who didn't buy the Lost Archives? :p

I only bought it because I wanted the pre-order unlocks, I was furious at Ubi for not selling it separately. I forced myself to play through the actual Lost Archive DLC just once. Don't feel bad about not owning it, you should be happy you never wasted your money. It's that bad.

PCJOHNO
12-22-2012, 02:42 PM
It all depends on how you define 'complete'.
At the following link you can see a play through of 'a dangerous secret'
http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/A_Dangerous_Secret
As you'll notice that takes 7 minutes alone, if you're able to pull it off perfectly in one go.
This means that you then have 8 minutes left for Lost Mayan Ruins and the Ghost of War.
In short, OP is full of it.

He reminds me of those that were complaining barely a couple of days after release about how short AC3 is. That they played the entire game in less then 20hours , some even less then 9hous. I was hearing and reading those comments and kind of braced myself on a very short game. I however didn't rush, did lost of exploring, did all missions, side missions and such. Getting all trophies etc. Taking my time to enjoy the look and feel of the game. Didn't go on to a next missions until I had 100% on the previous one. It took me +70 hours. Which for a 'short' game is pretty darn long I would say.

That is isn't an hours worth I wouldn't find surprising seeing that it consist of 3 missions that were added as bonusses to begin with. This however doesn't mean you have to lie because it isn't exactly what you had hoped for.

I'm still on the fence about getting the pass because for 30 Euro I could buy a full game second hand instead of having a few missions that would, at best, last me 7 hours. If however the King George DLC's are fantastic then I might just get it.

I have gone though the DLC again as requested and it took me 19 mins for a thorough play through. So maybe 15 was a bit small but I did say about sorry. I have over 70 hours on the single player game and love it im sure you would agree 19 mins is short. I have my Aquila fully upgraded so the Naval missions are completed on no time at all.