PDA

View Full Version : A new solution for the AC3 lag

zia1994
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
I found the strangest fix the other day. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix the boston lag but this worked... really well.

Quite simply, open the game. Open task manager. Continue to play the game with task manager open.
[For those who dont know, press ctrl-alt-delete/right click on your taskbar and click "Start Task Manager" to open it up]

This takes me from about 10-20fps to around 40-60fps in Boston etc.

I also tried this technique in far cry 3. Took me straight up to 60fps from 20fps. This works in a few ubisoft games, so I think it might be a solution to some of their not-so-great ports (Maybe getting a bit too optimistic there).

Just thought you should know, give it a shot and let me know if this doesn't just work for me.

[EDIT: People are saying this is stupid, but honestly it is definitely working for me. I cant even see how it would work, but it just does.]

miranzzz
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
No.

Amaral724
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I found the strangest fix the other day. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix the boston lag but this worked... really well.

Quite simply, open the game. Open task manager. Continue to play the game with task manager open.

This takes me from about 10-20fps to around 40-60fps in Boston etc.

I also tried this technique in far cry 3. Took me straight up to 60fps from 20fps. This works in a few ubisoft games, so I think it might be a solution to their bad ports (Maybe getting a bit too optimistic there).

Just thought you should know, give it a shot and let me know if this doesn't just work for me.

What task manager? that uplay thing you need to open with SHIFT+F2?

SixKeys
12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
What task manager? that uplay thing you need to open with SHIFT+F2?

That's the Uplay overlay. I think he just means regular Task Manager, which comes up when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del while having the game open.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I heard this trick from the internet,I set the prio for ACIIISp.exe to high,this gives me an extra 10-15 fps boost on high settings,with disabled V sync.

zia1994
12-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I heard this trick from the internet,I set the prio for ACIIISp.exe to high,this gives me an extra 10-15 fps boost on high settings,with disabled V sync.

I didn't even change the priority. I have been doing all sorts of things to get AC3 and FC3 running decently, then all i dd was leave task manager open and the game runs perfectly. As soon as I close task manager it has horrible lag again. strange.

Amaral724
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
That's the Uplay overlay. I think he just means regular Task Manager, which comes up when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del while having the game open.

can you show me the steps? cause i'm not understanding

toukoh
12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
this is easy

Play, press "ctrl+alt+del" choose "task manager"
now go back in the game (in the task bar)
so here, your in game but "task manager" is open and your in game

spectatorx
12-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Just open task manager and do nothing else? Are you serious? xD Of course it can't give you any boost.....

michal1234b
12-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Dude no offense, but your idea about task manager is stupid. First, if u have around 20 fps in Far Cry 3 its problem with ur PC cuz there is not anything wrong with FC3 port.

zia1994
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Dude no offense, but your idea about task manager is stupid. First, if u have around 20 fps in Far Cry 3 its problem with ur PC cuz there is not anything wrong with FC3 port.

I totally understand if you think its a stupid idea... but it worked for me, and it only worked in FC3 and AC3.
Leaving task manager on takes my fps from 20 to 50-60. I know my PC is capable of getting good fps anyway, but something was bottlenecking my performance in these games. Leaving task manager on solved this problem for me.
Honestly I think its stupid myself and dont see how it could possibly work, just thought i'd share in case it helped someone.

Meh, it might just be me then.

jhewt.sp
12-19-2012, 12:47 AM
zia1994 please, can you post your full system specs?

The only reason I found ragarding your "fps boost" is because when you the game gets minimized, it clears part of the scenario and when you go back to the game it loads again after a few minutes or by walking...

zia1994
12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
zia1994 please, can you post your full system specs?

The only reason I found ragarding your "fps boost" is because when you the game gets minimized, it clears part of the scenario and when you go back to the game it loads again after a few minutes or by walking...

AMD Phenom x6 1055t (clocked to 3.2GHz)
4Gb Ram
ATI Raedon HD 5670

It doesn't just fix it for a few minutes btw, i can play for hours with no lag at all using this method. I guess it hasn't worked for anyone else :(

RexNovus
12-19-2012, 11:48 PM
The FPS issues are not lag.. For a moment I though you figured a way to beat Ubisofts crappy matchmaking and servers/delay.

BerntBalchen
12-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I dont know if this has been tried, but turn off the aero in w7.

zia1994
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
The FPS issues are not lag.. For a moment I though you figured a way to beat Ubisofts crappy matchmaking and servers/delay.

lag can mean fps lag.

RexNovus
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM
lag can mean fps lag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

No, lag is not fps related. I don't care that much what term you use though, I was just hoping the lag issues were solved ^^, I'm getting tired of getting weird kills, stuns and deaths in the MP. Still, I'm glad I don't suffer the fps issues, but it's a crime Ubisoft ignores the problem in it's entirity.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
The only solution I found for the horribad fps was to OC your CPU/GPU/both, which is sad..

AjinkyaParuleka
12-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Is MSI Afterburner the only good thing for that overclocking thing?

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Is MSI Afterburner the only good thing for that overclocking thing?

Don't attempt it unless you're experienced in it.. can damage your hardware xD But yeah you can OC your gpu through your afterburner, I do it from my Catalyst CC.. cpu overclocking is done from your BIOS menu. But like I said, do not attempt it unless you absolutely know what you're doing :p

Mafi46
12-21-2012, 09:43 PM
I also had this FPS problems in Boston so I tried using the "Razer Game Booster" which is a program designed to get the best out of your computer and use it for your games. It has fixed my lag problems and I recommend it to everyone. Just go to the Razer website and sign up for the Game booster. It may take some time for you to receive the download but trust me it is worth it

Voyager456
12-21-2012, 10:15 PM
I tried this with task manager and it worked haha im getting about 10 fps more still not perfect but much more playable thaks man:cool:

hitman47222
12-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Don't attempt it unless you're experienced in it.. can damage your hardware xD But yeah you can OC your gpu through your afterburner, I do it from my Catalyst CC.. cpu overclocking is done from your BIOS menu. But like I said, do not attempt it unless you absolutely know what you're doing :p

I overclocked my FX 6100 to 4GHz and the GPU to maximum core and memory settings. and still horrible FPS.