PDA

View Full Version : So... who is this John De La Tour person?

LoyalACFan
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
So far in the series, we've gotten gear from Altair, Brutus, and Ishak Pasha. All of these guys were either noted historical figures or previously established characters in AC lore, but in AC3, we get a bunch of stuff from a guy I've never heard of in history books or any AC media. Who the hell is John De La Tour? And don't say "the first Assassin in the colonies," because I know that much. Just seems odd that they name-checked him several times for really important things (i.e. the Assassin robes and the tomahawk) without explaining who he was or why he was significant.

ze_topazio
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
He's a guy with a english first name and a french surname.

CrimzonRazor
12-18-2012, 03:30 PM
He was a royalist http://www.royalist.info/execute/tree?person=1953 and Count of Auvergne

cat_awsum
12-18-2012, 07:38 PM
So, father in law of lorenzo medici, it seems, from acII

LoyalACFan
12-18-2012, 08:52 PM
He was a royalist http://www.royalist.info/execute/tree?person=1953 and Count of Auvergne

Interesting... Nice find. That's REALLY obscure though, lol. If they were going to make stuff about the first Assassin in the colonies, I would have thought they would make it Giovanni Borgia, since up until now I think he was the earliest one in known AC lore.

roxasedge
05-22-2013, 10:39 PM
well thats really interesting, especialy the link to the medici, but achilles personally knew him and that guy died 200 years before AC3. there was a Jean de la Tour that lived around the time of AC 3. he was executed during the French revolution which was afterwards. but it doesnt look like he was ever in the colonies. however his father had the same name but i dont know anything about him other than that.

LoyalACFan
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
well thats really interesting, especialy the link to the medici, but achilles personally knew him and that guy died 200 years before AC3. there was a Jean de la Tour that lived around the time of AC 3. he was executed during the French revolution which was afterwards. but it doesnt look like he was ever in the colonies. however his father had the same name but i dont know anything about him other than that.

I don't think Achilles actually knew him. He just said his own old robes once belonged to him. We just don't know how long ago that was.

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2013, 10:53 PM
That is my real name.

rob.davies2014
05-22-2013, 11:06 PM
I hope we get to see or learn more about him in Black Flag or Utopia.

LoyalACFan
05-22-2013, 11:07 PM
I hope we get to see or learn more about him in Black Flag or Utopia.

I thought Utopia got cancelled?

rob.davies2014
05-22-2013, 11:08 PM
I thought Utopia got cancelled?

I don't think so, I just think it's been delayed.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Do we know how long the assassins have been in America?

Rugterwyper32
05-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Do we know how long the assassins have been in America?

in the DS game, Discovery, Ezio ensured Columbus would make it there. So probably since the very start.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2013, 02:06 AM
in the DS game, Discovery, Ezio ensured Columbus would make it there. So probably since the very start.

I was aware if this, though i don't know if ezio paved the way for the brotherhood to be established in the americas.

LoyalACFan
05-23-2013, 02:39 AM
I was aware if this, though i don't know if ezio paved the way for the brotherhood to be established in the americas.

Well, Giovanni Borgia was the first one to head over to the New World, but he evidently didn't start up a Brotherhood there. But I doubt the Assassins would have waited another two hundred years to send someone else, which is why I don't think Achilles knew John.

roxasedge
05-25-2013, 01:51 PM
I don't think Achilles actually knew him. He just said his own old robes once belonged to him. We just don't know how long ago that was.
i coulda sworn achilles said de la tour trained him

roxasedge
05-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Well, Giovanni Borgia was the first one to head over to the New World, but he evidently didn't start up a Brotherhood there. But I doubt the Assassins would have waited another two hundred years to send someone else, which is why I don't think Achilles knew John.
well, there wouldnt have been much use for a brotherhood there. its was mostly just wilderness. also Juan Borgia was an assassin??!! he was, first a borgia, and second a major ****. he was almost as bad as cesere. and he died in 1497 which was before even ac 2 ended and only just before they realized "hey, this isnt india"

LoyalACFan
05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
well, there wouldnt have been much use for a brotherhood there. its was mostly just wilderness. also Juan Borgia was an assassin??!! he was, first a borgia, and second a major ****. he was almost as bad as cesere. and he died in 1497 which was before even ac 2 ended and only just before they realized "hey, this isnt india"

No, not Juan Borgia... Giovanni Borgia. Lucrezia's son. He went to Mexico with Cortes around 1520 and returned safely to Europe to live another several decades, so he was technically the first Assassin in the Americas, but he evidently didn't return and try to set up a brotherhood there. However, he would have presumably communicated with his fellow Assassins about the journey. The Americas were pretty well colonized by Europeans by the middle of the 1600s, and it seems hard to believe the Assassins wouldn't have sent anyone else there until Achilles' time.