PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Holiday patch?? Does anyone have it yet?

Pages : [1] 2

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Since Ubisoft isn't clear in their messages...
I'd like to ask to you, community...
Have you recieved any new patch yet?

I started my AC III game...but no chance there is no patch...
I saw a thread on the forum about the holiday patch...on the PC section!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739416-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch

but If you click further on the link...in the description you see the following:

"If your console is connected to the internet at the time of release"

I'm not sure if they just do that on purpose...or they just forgot the PC users "again"....

bolz87
12-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Not sure that this patch is for PC, in fact I think the exact opposite, and of course there is no mention of the FPS fix :nonchalance:, when I get home I will check if the patch is out

jhewt.sp
12-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Read again... http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739410-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Holiday-Patch-Spoilers-Forums

Hello Assassins,

I have included below the details of our next Assassin's Creed III holiday patch. If your console is connected to the internet at the time of release, you will receive a prompt to inform you that a title update is available to download.

bolz87
12-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah i've seen this part, but why also a post in PC forum???????? :confused:

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah i've seen this part, but why also a post in PC forum???????? :confused:
That's what I ask myself...

Are they trying to troll us?

spectatorx
12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
They are trying to find out top of our patience and if we really gonna sue them or not. I know one thing: we, pc community, should shake them hardly to take what we bought from them: final version of game, additional content for proper licenses and support.

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I do understand that their goal is only to focus on consoles...but seriously... I know that some companies have gone bankrupt by ignoring certain customers.
And I don't think it's wise to ignore such an important comunity.

Heck, in America their have been class action lawsuits that made companies pay a lot!

I hope they are aware of that.

LambertoKevlar
12-18-2012, 12:16 PM
patch for consoles but not for pc,why i'm not surprised....

Bakin360
12-18-2012, 12:24 PM
At the steam forum a user posted something about a 1.02 BETA patch.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3030373

Maybe we will be lucky and there is also a patch for us PC users.

sharkdrutt
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Still waiting for a dev reply...

Tim_Skijwalker
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
pretty sure this is PC as well guys =D

Sushiglutton
12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Not yet, but I'd be shocked if it doesn't come pretty soon :)

unionjack_89
12-19-2012, 04:17 PM
I wrote to the staff who posted the Holiday Patch thread and i got this reply back:

Hi ******,

There was an issue with some 3rd party programs, but we are talking with them to get the patch out ASAP.

I'll be sure to message you back here once we have a solid date.
Cheers!

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Well let's hope they bring it out soon....
Before the end of the world!

hitman47222
12-19-2012, 05:52 PM
I wrote to the staff who posted the Holiday Patch thread and i got this reply back:

Hi ******,

There was an issue with some 3rd party programs, but we are talking with them to get the patch out ASAP.

I'll be sure to message you back here once we have a solid date.
Cheers!

I hope you are legit and not trolling

AjinkyaParuleka
12-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Well let's hope they bring it out soon....
Before the end of the world!
Don't worry desmond would save us...though it'd be pretty funny seeing meteors raining from the sky.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Don't worry desmond would save us...though it'd be pretty funny seeing meteors raining from the sky.

will he?
I don't know since I dont want to play the game without music

-_-

I hope you are right ;)

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Release date for PC patch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ZG2nyUXiY

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Blast! I was hoping for some beautiful UBI babe announcing us the patch... dang it :(

It's the END!!!!

Tim_Skijwalker
12-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Blast! I was hoping for some beautiful UBI babe announcing us the patch... dang it :(

It's the END!!!!

same

didn't read your comment correctly and read

some beautiful UBI babe announcing us the patch
then a voice in my head screamed
"CLICK THAT LINK NOW!!!!!!!"

lorik2010
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey guys new flash .
Do you know the definition of insanity ? Insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over and over again( posting here) expecting **** to change .... That is Crazy

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey guys new flash .
Do you know the definition of insanity ? Insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over and over again( posting here) expecting **** to change .... That is Crazy

Vaas didn't know that :D

Mr_Shade
12-19-2012, 07:39 PM
The PC patch is in the final stages.. So please watch for updates ;)

The announcement is for all formats ;)

hitman47222
12-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Finally some official response.

Does it contain any FPS improvements?

sharkdrutt
12-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Great news!

I was waiting for a UBI babe to announce it however! :(

LambertoKevlar
12-19-2012, 07:47 PM

Does it contain any FPS improvements?

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't hope for it but anyway good news is the patch is incoming soon.

Mr_Shade
12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Details of the patch are already posted ?

hitman47222
12-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Then there is no FPS improvement. Lets hope the next patch has it then ... :(

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes?
Announced as pc patch so i understand there is no performance fixes in this incoming patch ;-)

Mr_Shade
12-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Nvidia and AMD are publishing updated drivers constantly, which help boost FPS.

The latest Nvidia ones boost FPS for AC3 - so worth making sure everything is upto date etc.

World detail and AA are things you can consider dropping to boost FPS further etc.

xMarlecx
12-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks Mr Shade for the info

lorik2010
12-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Seriously I really think its AMD in our case that should update their drivers ,not Ubisoft please complain at ATI forums

hitman47222
12-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Seriously I really think its AMD in our case that should update their drivers ,not Ubisoft please complain at ATI forums

ATI forums are scary. Some dude complained there and got jerked around by da mod and said the problem is his hardware and that he should upgrade.

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Nvidia and AMD are publishing updated drivers constantly, which help boost FPS.

The latest Nvidia ones boost FPS for AC3 - so worth making sure everything is upto date etc.

World detail and AA are things you can consider dropping to boost FPS further etc.

So if understand you words correctly performance fix will never come. Everyone in here perfectly knows it is not driver issue but game problem which should be fixed by ubisoft not amd nor nvidia.

lorik2010
12-19-2012, 08:39 PM
So if understand you words correctly performance fix will never come. Everyone in here perfectly knows it is not driver issue but game problem which should be fixed by ubisoft not amd nor nvidia.

Totally inaccurate ,by your words an AMD 7970 should play this game with 60fps constant BUT from what I have seen here from another user even an amd 7970 is barely pushing 30fps max ,which makes all this AMD's fault .So please lets go there and fix this issue ASAP

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 08:40 PM
what about the "missing music bug with DLC installed" ? Can PLEASE a mod/dev tell us if at least this issue is being addressed?

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 08:41 PM
It is not amd's fault... Nvidia users also are experiencing this problem with gtx680 - top single-core card on nvidia side. This is game's problem, not amd or nvidia.

L_Alejo
12-19-2012, 08:53 PM
So what about the missing music Mr_Shade? I see no mention of that, and even though you claim that the patch notas are for all formats, it obviously doesn't cover some aspects that should be fixed within the PC platform, so are we to guess that we have to wait for ANOTHER patch in order to fix the Sound and FPS issues?

lorik2010
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
It is not amd's fault... Nvidia users also are experiencing this problem with gtx680 - top single-core card on nvidia side. This is game's problem, not amd or nvidia.

On the contrary, I have been monitoring this thread for a pretty long time and from what I have gathered a gtx 680 is doing 45-60 fps in Boston

Bucur92
12-19-2012, 08:59 PM
This is funny so we PC gamers get the patch after the console which has to go to certification with both Microsoft and Sony.Unbelievable.

abohamed
12-19-2012, 09:01 PM

I SAID THAT ONE MONTH AGO AND NO ONE IS LISTING TO ME :mad:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/731159-messge-for-all-ATI-video-cards-guys

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 09:04 PM
On the contrary, I have been monitoring this thread for a pretty long time and from what I have gathered a gtx 680 is doing 45-60 fps in Boston
So you didn't watch "low fps threads" carefully, there were also users with gtx680 and some high-end i7 cpus having 10-15fps.

abohamed
12-19-2012, 09:05 PM

Nvidia fix this problem one month ago .. i see it with my own eyes :
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/731159-messge-for-all-ATI-video-cards-guys
CHECK THE DATE !!!

abohamed
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
So you didn't watch "low fps threads" carefully, there were also users with gtx680 and some high-end i7 cpus having 10-15fps.

they properly use win 8 and forget to disable hyper v thing !!!

Boemundus
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
PLEASE , Mod or Dev tell us something about missing music bug , PLEASE

ivanpula84
12-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Hy.I bought AC 3 last month,an i'm having this stupid hair glitch in cutscenes and now even during gameplay with Connor.According to Ubisoft,this hollyday patch should fix the problem,does anyone know when it wil be aviable on PC?

spectatorx
12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Ahmed, i do not think so, still here, at forum, people post low fps with high performance gpus from nvidia side, under windows 7. n****ia didn't fix it yet also because it is not driver-side issue.

lorik2010
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Ahmed, i do not think so, still here, at forum, people post low fps with high performance gpus from nvidia side, under windows 7. n****ia didn't fix it yet also because it is not driver-side issue.

Im gonna have to disagree with that in the mean time I'm gonna be waiting for a gtx 680 user to come along and prove me wrong

Amaral724
12-19-2012, 10:47 PM

Hey thanks for the news MR SHADE.

Can you teell us a release date?

eobelenis
12-19-2012, 11:21 PM
hello.yeah i'm a gtx680 user with latest drivers and huge fps drops.this is not driver isue and everyone knows that.this is about cpu and multicore rendering problems.most textures and npc's are being rendered by cpu which should be done by gpu instead.this is because of game being bad port.plus either way the cpu is not being utilized,only one core goes at 90 percent the rest 40-60 and thats for thousands of people both amd or intel nvidia or amd gpu users .new drivers only smoothens the game but fps stays same.why...cause consoles uses more cpu horsepover, so this engine been made for most cpu rendering instead of gpu .so doesn't matter what gpu you have you still gonna have these issues.if anyone says different please post a video with ultra settings and higher that 35 fps in boston streets facing whole map.there is fps drops and anyone who can't see them is absolute nooob on games and pc's.so please stop proving that you are one in 10000 people not having problems trollolol.this whole god ****ed engine render code has to be remade either boston,Ny and frontier map files completely reconfigured to fix this stuff,but it would take lots of time and i can't belive that ubi will do this.oh yea and my min fps is 28 in boston and frontier,i'm using win 7 my hyper threading is ok,driver nvidia 310.70 everything max.1080p res.intel i7 3960x 8gb dd3 gtx 680 sli.

abohamed
12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
hello.yeah i'm a gtx680 user with latest drivers and huge fps drops.this is not driver isue and everyone knows that.this is about cpu and multicore rendering problems.most textures and npc's are being rendered by cpu which should be done by gpu instead.this is because of game being bad port.plus either way the cpu is not being utilized,only one core goes at 90 percent the rest 40-60 and thats for thousands of people both amd or intel nvidia or amd gpu users .new drivers only smoothens the game but fps stays same.why...cause consoles uses more cpu horsepover, so this engine been made for most cpu rendering instead of gpu .so doesn't matter what gpu you have you still gonna have these issues.if anyone says different please post a video with ultra settings and higher that 35 fps in boston streets facing whole map.there is fps drops and anyone who can't see them is absolute nooob on games and pc's.so please stop proving that you are one in 10000 people not having problems trollolol.this whole god ****ed engine render code has to be remade either boston,Ny and frontier map files completely reconfigured to fix this stuff,but it would take lots of time and i can't belive that ubi will do this.

WOW .. i did not see that coming :D

LambertoKevlar
12-20-2012, 12:26 AM
hello.yeah i'm a gtx680 user with latest drivers and huge fps drops.this is not driver isue and everyone knows that.this is about cpu and multicore rendering problems.most textures and npc's are being rendered by cpu which should be done by gpu instead.this is because of game being bad port.plus either way the cpu is not being utilized,only one core goes at 90 percent the rest 40-60 and thats for thousands of people both amd or intel nvidia or amd gpu users .new drivers only smoothens the game but fps stays same.why...cause consoles uses more cpu horsepover, so this engine been made for most cpu rendering instead of gpu .so doesn't matter what gpu you have you still gonna have these issues.if anyone says different please post a video with ultra settings and higher that 35 fps in boston streets facing whole map.there is fps drops and anyone who can't see them is absolute nooob on games and pc's.so please stop proving that you are one in 10000 people not having problems trollolol.this whole god ****ed engine render code has to be remade either boston,Ny and frontier map files completely reconfigured to fix this stuff,but it would take lots of time and i can't belive that ubi will do this.oh yea and my min fps is 28 in boston and frontier,i'm using win 7 my hyper threading is ok,driver nvidia 310.70 everything max.1080p res.intel i7 3960x 8gb dd3 gtx 680 sli.
gtx 680 i72600k
IDEM.

spectatorx
12-20-2012, 12:31 AM
So someone in here didn't take enough of look into threads and tried to defend ubisoft, unfortunately ubisoft have to fix the game, not nvidia and amd, i wish it could be fixable via driver.... But we can dream only about it.

Bobbtom
12-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Any word on the horrible music glitch?

Wh00ster
12-20-2012, 03:50 AM

I would assume u were kidding except that most ppl wouldn't waste that much time for a joke post

My brain hurts

sharkdrutt
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
another day...still nothing...! and tommorrow is the END!

orxan91
12-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Tell me please.Is the changelog of holiday's patch for consoles will be the same for PC ?
Will be there any additions like fps improvements or not ?
Thx in advance!

LambertoKevlar
12-20-2012, 02:24 PM
nope

BzkGB
12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Tell me please.Is the changelog of holiday's patch for consoles will be the same for PC ?
Will be there any additions like fps improvements or not ?
Thx in advance!

Nope. No FPS improvements.

orxan91
12-20-2012, 03:54 PM
So...What is everyone waiting for ? If there wont be anything about optimization ? :nonchalance:

Sushiglutton
12-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Reading this thread makes me realize how extremely lucky I have been. I have no framerate issues, which is awesome. That said I have still experienced a number of bugs, the worst being the game getting deleted from my hard drive so I had to redownload it from Steam. Anyway I hope Ubis sorts this out and are able to help all you guys!

kaliver-
12-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Im gonna have to disagree with that in the mean time I'm gonna be waiting for a gtx 680 user to come along and prove me wrong

No one cares what you have to disagree with because there is a thread with dozens upon dozens of pages with users detailing their problems with Nvidia and AMD cards alike. Stop trolling. Or continue trolling if it gives you a thrill, but enjoy being ignored.

Amaral724
12-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Reading this thread makes me realize how extremely lucky I have been. I have no framerate issues, which is awesome. That said I have still experienced a number of bugs, the worst being the game getting deleted from my hard drive so I had to redownload it from Steam. Anyway I hope Ubis sorts this out and are able to help all you guys!

Yeah, i have no fPS issues too. But have some bugs etc, hope the patch fix all.

Amaral724
12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
So...What is everyone waiting for ? If there wont be anything about optimization ? :nonchalance:

And with the fps issues, here's how i solve it:

Start the game with low fps , until reache the desmond training ground. in there i save and get out to desktop restart the game, after that i dont have any fps issue. I reinstall it 3 diferent times after doing that "method" solve it. And at begining the fps issue hapens with all configurations(low, normal etc....) And my pc is not that big:

Intel core i5
Geforce 330m 1GB
4GB RAM

And my friend with :

intel core i7
Gt 640 2GB
6GB ram

Play with AA, texture and all the other things on HIGH fine

ElvishRogue
12-20-2012, 05:11 PM
And with the fps issues, here's how i solve it:

Start the game with low fps , until reache the desmond training ground. in there i save and get out to desktop restart the game, after that i dont have any fps issue. I reinstall it 3 diferent times after doing that "method" solve it. And at begining the fps issue hapens with all configurations(low, normal etc....) And my pc is not that big:

Intel core i5
Geforce 330m 1GB
4GB RAM

And my friend with :

intel core i7
Gt 640 2GB
6GB ram

Play with AA, texture and all the other things on HIGH fine

This is my first comment in this forum though i've been following ubi forum since ac3 had been released... I had no intention to write anything, I have just been reading the posts because i have fps issue as well... but after reading u'r comment i have to ask... what kind of ******* joke is that???

Amaral724
12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
This is my first comment in this forum though i've been following ubi forum since ac3 had been released... I had no intention to write anything, I have just been reading the posts because i have fps issue as well... but after reading u'r comment i have to ask... what kind of ******* joke is that???

I just post my solution, its not a fix or something like that, just a simple thing i did. you Dont need to offense. And i change DX11 TO DX10, but i dont think that help, because after it change again to DX11

abohamed
12-20-2012, 07:48 PM
spectatorx (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/264315-spectatorx) is there any new NEWS for a AMD driver or something ?! because i have already ended all 2012 games and first next REAL PC game is DMC5 on 25/1/2013 and i can not wait until then without playing my only still unfinished game .... AC3;)

spectatorx
12-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Unfrtunately, no news so far but you can be sure i will post info about new drivers when they will show up ;-)

abohamed
12-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Unfrtunately, no news so far but you can be sure i will post info about new drivers when they will show up ;-)

thx :D

Bobz55
12-21-2012, 06:55 AM
I only have low fps frame rates during cutscenes sometimes only. other than that everythingelse is fine except for bugs here and there. quick release the patch already.

sharkdrutt
12-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Still nothing...

spectatorx
12-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Abstergo entertainment... i mean ubisoft xD is not Santa Claus, they will not give to us any gift: no patch nor champions/loyalty packs. :D
Merry Xmas everybody:D

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/60993_546534398694080_122100465_n.jpg

Boemundus
12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
is there a chance the patch will be released before Christmas?

andreja110s
12-21-2012, 02:52 PM
is there a chance the patch will be released before Christmas?

Before Tuesday?? I doubt that...

hitman47222
12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Before Tuesday?? I doubt that...

I highly doubt your doubt lol.

The mod said very soon and all should be watching for updates. I doubt by "very soon" that its gonna release in January.

cico_thebest69
12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Ubisoft "very soon" meaning= 1-2 months

ivanpula84
12-22-2012, 04:13 PM
I also think the patch wouldn't be out before january.The guys from nvidia have found the fix for the colored hair glitch that is bothering a lot of nvidia gpu users,an it will be included in the next drivers for january,and i think that the same fix my be included in the patch for the pc.For what is worth i think Ubi should have waited some time before realase this game on pc,like they did with the other AC tiles,and clean he game from bugs and glitches,because waiting the patch to arrive or playng the game with bugs is frustrating the same as wainig the game to be released.
For the rest,i think this game is excellent,like all AC games so far.
(sorry for bad english,it's not my mother language)

sharkdrutt
12-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Let's make the patch ourself!

hitman47222
12-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Gah. ATI users are ****ed. Nothing from AMD and nothing from ubisoft. Guess i will never play this game.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-22-2012, 07:37 PM
This ain't driver problems...the game's badly optimized,wish there was a way we could optimize it ourselves.

YazX_
12-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Btw, your CPU is bottle-necking your card as its PCIEx 3.0 and your CPU natively supports PCIEx 2.0,However, you should update your MB bios and chipset drivers to enable PCIEx 3.0 if you havent already done that as PCIEx 3.0 is natively supported on Ivy Bridge CPUs only.

hope this helps and give you some performance boost.

fq360
12-23-2012, 12:50 AM
It's been delayed until next year. Read below

Improvizor
12-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Before those of you with fps issues start raging because of the delay, try to think rationally about it. If the patch isn't supposed to fix fps in the first place, then it doesn't matter when it's going to be released. However, if they fix fps issues with it, it will be worth the wait. With that in mind, stay calm.

badroz
12-23-2012, 01:14 AM
It's been delayed until next year. Read below

next year = next month , troll easier next time !

fq360
12-23-2012, 01:40 AM
next year = next month , troll easier next time !

I'm not trolling. Stating what was posted in the link. It says in the new year!!

I'm merely pointing it out for people who like me are waiting on the patch. No trolling intended

sharkdrutt
12-23-2012, 01:44 AM
It's scandalous anyway....

that they don't give us ANYTHING... NO LOYALTY, no champion packs...

Improvizor
12-23-2012, 02:00 AM
I applaud you for your for your optimistic point of view.
It's hardly an optimistic point of view. An optimist would say that they will definitely fix it. I'm just saying that it doesn't matter when the patch is out if it doesn't fix the issue, and if it does, then the delay is justified.

Dustpan
12-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Is there anyway to remove the DLC inside the game files?

McJobless
12-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Everything Ubisoft does only makes the PC version worse...they might as well just give us all a free game because I doubt AC3 PC is ever going to be as good as the console counterparts.

LambertoKevlar
12-23-2012, 09:50 AM
They took my money,i can't play....and now they go to holiday...with my money..there's something wrong

zambar25
12-23-2012, 09:59 AM
OMG!!! I have waited and collecting abstergo credtis and FOR WHAT????? I really like the champion packs and wanted to buy them but no the ******* console players must have it and pc can wait for 3-4 years right. UBI YOU DISAPPOINTED ME

badroz
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
They took my money,i can't play....and now they go to holiday...with my money.

http://troll.me/images/zoidberg-time/they-got-my-money-i-got-their-balls.jpg

x_Kizuke_x
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM
This isn't funny anymore.

They took my money,i can't play....and now they go to holiday...with my money..there's something wrong
Well said! There's something badly wrong. I bet they just noticed the big problems on Multiplayer and NOW they try to fix it....well, not now, after the holidays i think.
The mulitplayer got problems since last sunday and they do nothing? WTF? Next Ubibug Game i will definitily choose a FU**** SRow release. :)

Razrback16
12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Everything Ubisoft does only makes the PC version worse...they might as well just give us all a free game because I doubt AC3 PC is ever going to be as good as the console counterparts.

The PC version rocks. I've played it on both XBOX & PC. The only difference between the two is that the PC has FAR SUPERIOR graphics. Other than that, the games are identical, obviously. Looks awful on the XBOX, great on PC in DirectX 11.

McJobless
12-23-2012, 10:02 PM
The PC version rocks. I've played it on both XBOX & PC. The only difference between the two is that the PC has FAR SUPERIOR graphics. Other than that, the games are identical, obviously. Looks awful on the XBOX, great on PC in DirectX 11.
You must be completely high. There is no way it's running good on your machine.

badroz
12-23-2012, 10:05 PM

i came to troll too

Razrback16
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
You must be completely high. There is no way it's running good on your machine.

Game runs flawless for me, zero issues.

Rig Specs:

Vista 64-Bit
ASrock 990FX Extreme4
Phenom II 955
16GB DDR3
NVidia GTX 680

You can also read my full review on newegg if you like. My moniker on there is Razorback -- it's approx the 3rd review down from the top.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832138100

sharkdrutt
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm warned for next time at least...

spectatorx
12-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Merry christmas assassins! With your unfixed game...

Boemundus
12-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I found a video showing Ubisoft Patch Team on holiday with our money:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

And this is the typical guy who can't play ACIII during his vacation:

http://www.google.it/imgres?um=1&hl=it&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1141&bih=884&tbm=isch&tbnid=8leeU6xxmplb7M:&imgrefurl=http://tfparsons.wordpress.com/2012/03/&docid=D7o_u1BHhZjk3M&imgurl=http://tfparsons.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/bored-guy-at-the-computer.jpg&w=400&h=266&ei=bjzYUKSiHqmN4gTWmIDwCA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=375&sig=100386314388381989521&page=1&tbnh=130&tbnw=207&start=0&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:97&tx=125&ty=47

Anykeyer
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM
They still have time to release it. Its working week in Ukraine because christmass in on jan 7 (orthodox christmass). And if they didnt lost the last bits of dignity they will release this freaking patch, DLC music and MP champion/loyalty constumes fixes this year.
How can they even dare to continue to sell this broken DLC? This is ridiculous. They didnt even appologize to anyone who bought it yet. Especially those who bought it and could not even get files. Even Steam were selling this DLC outside of Season Pass for 2 days without actual files.

Boemundus
12-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I appreciate your optimism Anykeyer, but Ubi_gabe stated that the patch will be out in the first weeks of january...

Anykeyer
12-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Its not optimism. Im just saying that they can. And its the only thing any DECENT publisher/developer would do in such situation. They still have time, and had more than enough too. Im not saying that they will. Guess Ubi is just WAY too low.
AC3 is my last Ubi game. And all my RL friends too.

LambertoKevlar
12-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Leave your hopes,these morons care only about money

hitman47222
12-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Lets just hope it comes out early in January.. Not like 27th...

spectatorx
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Lets just hope it comes out early in January.. Not like 27th...
31st it is! :D

Boemundus
12-24-2012, 03:32 PM
So let's see.... Ukrainian (ubisoft kiev, the "devs") are orthodox christians and celebrate Christmas 7th january. But I heard they have chinese programmes as well, who celebrate chinese new year's eve on february 10th 2013. Oh, and they got muslims too, which obviously will wait for Ramadan ( 9th of July 2013).

Ok. The patch will be released in August. ;)

andreja110s
12-24-2012, 03:52 PM
So let's see.... Ukrainian (ubisoft kiev, the "devs") are orthodox christians and celebrate Christmas 7th january. But I heard they have chinese programmes as well, who celebrate chinese new year's eve on february 10th 2013. Oh, and they got muslims too, which obviously will wait for Ramadan ( 9th of July 2013).

Ok. The patch will be released in August. ;)

Yaaaay! :D And I thought it was going to be released next February! What a great news this is! :D

Anykeyer
12-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Do they look like they care?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.456665897728854.109862.124164170979030&type=1
Last-minute incompatibility, my ***. They just started patying on dec 19 and still cant stop.

spectatorx
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.456665897728854.109862.124164170979030&type=1
Last-minute incompatibility, my ***. They just started patying on dec 19 and still cant stop.

Bring me the code, i will fix this bugged game, they will be too drunk to even notice someone stole few machines with their work from building.

Boemundus
12-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Man, I can wait for the patch if they let me date that sexy brunette ! :cool:

Mr_Shade
12-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Lets not assume..

the official reason is what has been stated.

the teams only take a few days off for Christmas, so they will be working as hard as possible to get the patch out.

spectatorx
12-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Man, I can wait for the patch if they let me date that sexy brunette ! :cool:

Which one? Ukrainian girls are ugly, polish girls are awsome :D

Jexx21
12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Lets not assume..

the official reason is what has been stated.

the teams only take a few days off for Christmas, so they will be working as hard as possible to get the patch out.

A lot of people are jerks Shade, don't let it bother you.

hitman47222
12-24-2012, 05:09 PM
A lot of people are jerks Shade, don't let it bother you.

Nice. So now we are the jerks because we are pissed we cannot play the game even after about a month of release and even the announced patch ( which will not fix FPS ) is delayed on PC even tho it released on consoles normally?? Yup we are the jerks here.

Jexx21
12-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Honestly, I think you are.

If you can't provide your criticism without insulting the people who work hard to get the game out there and assuming things, then yes, you're jerks.

Also, I'm a PC player too. Getting outraged about a game just isn't how I roll.

Anykeyer
12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I AM a jerk. Its even in my signature. Now scram.

Getting outraged about a game just isn't how I roll.
Nice try playing a good guy. Im not outraged. I have more than playable fps, and I can easily "fix" that DLC by simply removing it. This DLC is useless for me anyway since I have Deluxe.
What Im doing here is watching how this ridiculous situation develops from bad to worse, and laugh thinking how Ubi's CEO will "discuss" PC piracy again soon.

And you honestly think we will take it as excuse? Game is broken for holiday. THE major holiday of the year. And I bet you will continue to sell it for that period as well. Without even changing minimum requrements to make sure your game is actually playable on listed spec PCs. You wont hold sales of DLC that completelly brokes game's experience, and sure as hell you wont put a warning about it either. You will just pursue nothing but money. And then blame piracy for your own faults. Its nothing new.

Boemundus
12-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Which one? Ukrainian girls are ugly, polish girls are awsome :D

this one

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456666694395441&set=a.456665897728854.109862.124164170979030&type=3&theater

<3 <3 <3

PATCH ME PLEASE ! lol

sharkdrutt
12-24-2012, 06:54 PM
this one

PATCH ME PLEASE ! lol

oh yes please!

abohamed
12-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Honestly, I think you are.

If you can't provide your criticism without insulting the people who work hard to get the game out there and assuming things, then yes, you're jerks.

Also, I'm a PC player too. Getting outraged about a game just isn't how I roll.

+1

abohamed
12-24-2012, 09:34 PM
so let's see.... Ukrainian (ubisoft kiev, the "devs") are orthodox christians and celebrate christmas 7th january. But i heard they have chinese programmes as well, who celebrate chinese new year's eve on february 10th 2013. Oh, and they got muslims too, which obviously will wait for ramadan ( 9th of july 2013).

Ok. The patch will be released in august. ;)

lol

YazX_
12-25-2012, 12:15 AM

LOL

just for the fun and nothing personal, i think this is your guy, i guess he is the one who ported the game to PC:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456666791062098&set=a.456665897728854.109862.124164170979030&type=3&theater

badroz
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM

are u even surprised !?
u really thought they 'll be busting there *** for PC foreveralone's who been continuously moaning for a 60 days & yet not A SINGLE OFFICIAL response were given ?

abohamed
12-26-2012, 03:32 AM
hey guys .. i have a very good news http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png ... first iam a AMD user i have Asus HD5770 card ( old but capable ) and ubisoft support change my ticket status from UPDATED to SOLVED so i think this means they are will fix this epic FPS problem with the next patch and by that i mean holiday patch .. i just hope iam right

hitman47222
12-26-2012, 04:44 AM
hey guys .. i have a very good news http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png ... first iam a AMD user i have Asus HD5770 card ( old but capable ) and ubisoft support change my ticket status from UPDATED to SOLVED so i think this means they are will fix this epic FPS problem with the next patch and by that i mean holiday patch .. i just hope iam right

No. When they change it to solved it means that the problem has been solved.. This happens by either 2 ways. First is if you reply saying you fixed it. Or If you did not reply to their last message for 48 hours. They just ASSUME that you fixed and mark the question solved and move on.

abohamed
12-26-2012, 04:54 AM
No. When they change it to solved it means that the problem has been solved.. This happens by either 2 ways. First is if you reply saying you fixed it. Or If you did not reply to their last message for 48 hours. They just ASSUME that you fixed and mark the question solved and move on.

do not worry none of this happened :D

Anykeyer
12-26-2012, 08:13 AM
LOL. And your fps suddenly raised all by itself or what? Why do you happy? If they didnt write anything and just marked your ticked as solved then its just another way for them to tell you to go away and stop bothering them with your pathetic tickets.

abohamed
12-26-2012, 08:17 AM
LOL. And your fps suddenly raised all by itself or what? Why do you happy?

why not ?!!!
its just a game man why i be so mad for a one single not good port for PC game ?!:D

Anykeyer
12-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Im not telling you to be mad. But they just got rid of you and thats what made you happy. Its just funny.

abohamed
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Im not telling you to be mad. But they just got rid of you and thats what made you happy. Its just funny.

0_o

Anykeyer
12-26-2012, 10:56 AM
You still didnt get it? Oh well. They dismissed you, like, I dunno, 10th rate customer. Any normal tech support does not just silently mark tickets as solved. Maybe they got too many and decided to ramdomly "solve" some and see what happens next :D

abohamed
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
You still didnt get it? Oh well. They dismissed you, like, I dunno, 10th rate customer. Any normal tech support does not just silently mark tickets as solved. Maybe they got too many and decided to ramdomly "solve" some and see what happens next :D

**** me if you are right :D

spectatorx
12-26-2012, 12:22 PM
A normal tech support gives any answer in few hours, days, not weeks.

hitman47222
12-26-2012, 06:17 PM
A normal tech support gives any answer in few hours, days, not weeks.

Some even have instant support. Like EA's Live chat. those always helped alot and right at the moment.

ragnarockpl
12-28-2012, 12:15 AM
NICE PARTY UBI.

User: voyager1234

I made a petition for Ubisoft to optimize the game. All I need now is your signs. Sign it and share it please. If we don't unite we won't be heard. Propose images and videos for it

Link : PETITION (http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-optimize-assassin-s-creed-iii-for-pc?utm_campaign=new_signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt#share)

FPS drop in Boston (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727583-Assassin-s-Creed-III-fps-drop-in-Boston/page33)

Anykeyer
12-28-2012, 06:52 AM
LOL. they keep "solving" my loyalty/champions support ticket without any explanation. And I keep reopening it. :p

spectatorx
12-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Ubisoft "support" makes no sense. Giving scripted answers, closing unsolved threads, responding after long time periods... My dictionary is weak so much that i do not know how to express myself about ubisoft "support".

abohamed
12-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Ubisoft "support" makes no sense. Giving scripted answers, closing unsolved threads, responding after long time periods... My dictionary is weak so much that i do not know how to express myself about ubisoft "support".

i think i will be on the first flight to france and met them personally :D

spectatorx
12-28-2012, 10:26 AM
i think i will be on the first flight to france and met them personally :D
Make some pictures and post them :D

Biels
12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Funny though that it went from "very soon" to "we have no Idea what the hell we're doing and when it'll be finished" in a matter of days...

Tells you something about the internal communication and skills that Ubisoft has. Not meant to be flaming, but I kind of feel sad for Ubisoft if this is the normal way to treat people that have (in some cases) paid a lot of money for this game.

I really miss the times where there actually wasn't any internet for updates. Because the games would actually run without major issues then.

Crazybone992
12-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Can't wait for january :O Thanks to the directx 9 tweak, my fps is now better but still can't wait for the patch. And why AMD hasn't released any new drivers yet? I thought they were working a new driver for AC III?

Boemundus
12-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Can't wait for january :O Thanks to the directx 9 tweak, my fps is now better but still can't wait for the patch. And why AMD hasn't released any new drivers yet? I thought they were working a new driver for AC III?

excuse me, which directx 9 tweak? I'ts been proven that the game runs only in d3d11

abohamed
12-28-2012, 02:11 PM
excuse me, which directx 9 tweak? I'ts been proven that the game runs only in d3d11

look at his name first :D

ProletariatPleb
12-28-2012, 02:14 PM
PC patch team hard at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

abohamed
12-28-2012, 02:27 PM
pc patch team hard at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4rtvmqp10

this

Shadowguy2020
12-28-2012, 02:40 PM
We will never get the patch guys, no hope...

Shadowguy2020
12-28-2012, 02:43 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qfIx4L_6fis/UFVu0hh595I/AAAAAAAAALM/l0keXm8bMbk/s1280/vlcsnap-2012-09-16-02h15m56s76.jpg
And is Connor really able to wear a musket on his back ?

Crazybone992
12-29-2012, 06:55 PM
look at his name first :D

Haha very funny. But it's true. When I changed the Graphics_DX11 line to DX9 my fps improved. Some people say that the .ini file automatically restores the DX11 setting, well my game doesn't restore it. I checked the file after playing and couldn't find a DX11 line anywhere. I know the game doesn't support DX9 but I swear that for me this tweak definitely works.

Crazybone992
12-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I even changed my graphics settings above the default ones from the options menu and the game still didn't restore the original settings. Some other people have also reported that this works but the reason why it works is unknown.

abohamed
12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Haha very funny. But it's true. When I changed the Graphics_DX11 line to DX9 my fps improved. Some people say that the .ini file automatically restores the DX11 setting, well my game doesn't restore it. I checked the file after playing and couldn't find a DX11 line anywhere. I know the game doesn't support DX9 but I swear that for me this tweak definitely works.

iam so sorry if that hurt you .... iam just kidin ok ?! and btw good for you that the DX9 thing work for you .. iam happy for you man :D

Anykeyer
12-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Funfact: game's exe knows nothing about Graphics_DX9
By changing Graphics_DX11 to absolutelly anything you just make game unable to read graphics settings, and it resets everything to default.

Crazybone992
12-30-2012, 12:33 PM
iam so sorry if that hurt you .... iam just kidin ok ?! and btw good for you that the DX9 thing work for you .. iam happy for you man :D

Don't be sorry. I'm not hurt :) My fps might be better but it's still not steady. And there are also some bugs in the game that need to be fixed. I really hope Ubi releases the patch soon.

Tim_Skijwalker
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
still waiting =D

Really want to play this game again so i hope its coming soon :cool:

Boemundus
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
ok it's 2013, where's the patch?

Tim_Skijwalker
01-01-2013, 04:31 PM
ok it's 2013, where's the patch?

you will receive the holiday patch after the holiday :cool:

http://store.outline-editions.co.uk/images/thumbs/0000521_550.jpeg

sharkdrutt
01-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Honestly, I don't expect anything anymore... there have been enough false promises from mods/devs.

YazX_
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Im not sure why everyone is waiting for the patch, the FPS drop is not included as a fix because simply Ubisoft blames Nvidia and AMD for this as its driver fault. and no new drivers or even beta ones are available.

yes i agree if the game was better optimized , it would perform alot better even with buggy/unstable drivers, but till now i havent seen that Ubisoft acknowledged that its their problem and they are working on properly optimizing the game. only thing i saw is they are working with Nvidia to release a new driver to fix FPS issues.

Still not sure if the release notes with the long awaited patch will change to include FPS fixes, but i hope it would.

Boemundus
01-01-2013, 06:26 PM
There's the music bug (DLC 1) which has to be fixed asap.

(but they're still selling it,a broken file. LOL)

ExitT0ExisT
01-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Im not sure why everyone is waiting for the patch, the FPS drop is not included as a fix because simply Ubisoft blames Nvidia and AMD for this as its driver fault. and no new drivers or even beta ones are available.

yes i agree if the game was better optimized , it would perform alot better even with buggy/unstable drivers, but till now i havent seen that Ubisoft acknowledged that its their problem and they are working on properly optimizing the game. only thing i saw is they are working with Nvidia to release a new driver to fix FPS issues.

Still not sure if the release notes with the long awaited patch will change to include FPS fixes, but i hope it would.
I really wonder at what kind of system Ubi tested this piece of garbage and got consistent 60 fps (answer: none)

spectatorx
01-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I took a look at posted changelog of this patch and one thing makes me almost speechless:
- A DEADLY PERFORMANCE: fixed a music glitch by making a cinematic not skippable

WTF?! One conditional loop can fix this!!!! FFS.... Do you even have any programmers out there? I do not wonder anymore why they released pre-alpha game as final product.

Carch
01-02-2013, 07:42 AM
I took a look at posted changelog of this patch and one thing makes me almost speechless:
- A DEADLY PERFORMANCE: fixed a music glitch by making a cinematic not skippable

WTF?! One conditional loop can fix this!!!! FFS.... Do you even have any programmers out there? I do not wonder anymore why they released pre-alpha game as final product.

Ah, a backseat programmer. One of my favorite forum creatures.

Boemundus
01-02-2013, 12:51 PM
January the 2nd here. I'm counting the days.

abohamed
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
January the 2nd here. I'm counting the days.

do not worry .. here :

you can see the reason of this ( Quick ) edit from UbiGabe at the last line : " Patch releasing early January 2013" ... and i think this mean the patch will come out in Q1 of January

LambertoKevlar
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
As we saiy in Italy "Aspitt frisck"

Boemundus
01-02-2013, 02:58 PM
As we saiy in Italy "Aspitt frisck"

lol, translated: "wait and stay cool"

jeerryyyyy
01-02-2013, 03:01 PM
ok they release the patch for PC but question is this patch fix the FPS problem for AMD and NVIDIA :)

vinx980
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
they released the patch?

ProletariatPleb
01-02-2013, 03:39 PM
they released the patch?
No?

abohamed
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
they released the patch?

not yet but ewan.pL mean that even when the patch is released the important question is : this patch will really fix the FPS problem ?! because its not mention at all in the changelog of this ( holiday ) patch

jeerryyyyy
01-02-2013, 04:32 PM
thats right abohamed

Razrback16
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I doubt it will have fps improvements as they are not mentioned at all in the changelog. Also was hoping they would fix the reported DLC / Music bug, but no mention of that in there that I saw .

Boemundus
01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I doubt it will have fps improvements as they are not mentioned at all in the changelog. Also was hoping they would fix the reported DLC / Music bug, but no mention of that in there that I saw .

If they don't fix AT LEAST the infamous music bug ( which is caused by a 640kb file !!!), they'll lose ALL their customers.

LambertoKevlar
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
lol, translated: "wait and stay cool"

ah ah ah are you Italian from Bari?

Boemundus
01-03-2013, 02:26 PM
ah ah ah are you Italian from Bari?

no, from Bologna, but the meaning was clear :P

Draven_4
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Ubisoft (Kiev, at least) should really listen to this, specially the second half of the video. This is just out outrageous

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/gcwibn/annoyed-gamer-new-year-resolutions

LambertoKevlar
01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
These unprofessional guys don't do quality test,don't give us answers,delayng patches that,however, don't work.It's Unbelievable,never,NEVER,in 25 years of gaming i saw a behaviour like this.This company,his dev and his forum moderators so uppish should only beashamed of themeselves.We can't complain,we can't have answers,we are ignored,we have no rights for the money we gave to you,it's a shame.That's the truth,you know it,we know it, and now give me another infraction dear Black Widow.

Boemundus
01-03-2013, 06:30 PM
maybe a moderator (assuming he's back from vacation :D ) could update us on the state of the patch scheduled for release

ProletariatPleb
01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
maybe a moderator (assuming he's back from vacation :D ) could update us on the state of the patch scheduled for release
Moderators are doing this job voluntarily, they aren't paid for it. So they never had any "vacation".

Boemundus
01-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Moderators are doing this job voluntarily, they aren't paid for it. So they never had any "vacation".

Strange to say... They're not posting anything for two weeks, and we are in early January, so maybe we expect a word from them about the patch, instead of groping in the dark like this.

vinx980
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
They escaped with money or only enjoying vacation until 6th of January?
Or simply they don't know how to resolve this infinite list of bugs?

FIX AT LEAST THAT **** MUSIC BUG THAT APPEARS WHEN ACTIVATING THE FIRST DLC!

Boemundus
01-03-2013, 09:30 PM
ubisoft staff doesn't really know the moral behind latin phrase: " Pacta sunt servanda"

Turin_Hawke
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
This is really annoying, we have wait for a "holiday" patch, I won't have time to play AC 3, I wanted to play it on this vacations but I couldn't, Ubisoft must give us something FREE for our patience.

spectatorx
01-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Free season pass, welcome :D

hitman47222
01-03-2013, 10:25 PM
ubisoft staff doesn't really know the moral behind latin phrase: " Pacta sunt servanda"

Umm.... Actually most of us don't know the meaning of that either :D haha.

Distant_Eagle
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Great, now I've waited a month and still no resolution. I won't have time to play when school begins shortly. If I ever do get a Ubisoft game again (doubtful), it will be from the bay.

just_luck.exe
01-03-2013, 10:40 PM
There is no patch coming this way, so join the group!
we DEMAND a patch for Assassins Creed 3 FPS issue (http://www.facebook.com/groups/114760718696774/)

gwklam
01-04-2013, 03:18 AM
http://www.image-share.com/upload/1972/260.jpg

Ubisoft Kiev, You should tessellate the character models, my hood looks ugly
did the change log ver specify saying that rope dart pouch 1 upgrade will have more than 5 rope darts?
stupid money sign is ruining the moment

ShardofTruth
01-04-2013, 10:03 AM
The 5 rope arrow bug is actually introduced with the Uplay Life Scratcher Pack, normally you would start with 3 rope arrows (like it's the case with bombs, poison etc.) and upgrade them to 4 with the dart pouch while having the Life Cratcher Pack would upgrade them to 5 instead.

I'm guess it that the patch will arrive next week.

LambertoKevlar
01-04-2013, 10:04 AM

It should be "A pact has to be respected"

spectatorx
01-04-2013, 10:19 AM
http://www.image-share.com/upload/1972/260.jpg

Ubisoft Kiev, You should tessellate the character models, my hood looks ugly
did the change log ver specify saying that rope dart pouch 1 upgrade will have more than 5 rope darts?
stupid money sign is ruining the moment

About pic: Connor get pissed with ubisoft kiev for this what they did to him? :D

kastrix
01-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Any update/ETA for patch?

thanks-

Boemundus
01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
no, besides this one: you won't be able to play the game for ANOTHER weekend ;)

Bucur92
01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
So Ubisoft where is the patch?

ProletariatPleb
01-05-2013, 06:24 PM
I'll just assume it will come around mid-January.

Bucur92
01-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Well this is unacceptable the console owners got it weeks ago.I will not buy a Ubisoft game again i was looking to buy Far Cry 3 but not anymore.Almost 3 months and no FPS fix and now this no patch to fix the game bugs.In the meantime im sure they are working on another patch for the console and PC didn't even get the second patch.Unbelievable

ProletariatPleb
01-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Well this is unacceptable the console owners got it weeks ago.I will not buy a Ubisoft game again i was looking to buy Far Cry 3 but not anymore.Almost 3 months and no FPS fix and now this no patch to fix the game bugs.In the meantime im sure they are working on another patch for the console and PC didn't even get the second patch.Unbelievable
On the contrary Far Cry 3 is highly optimized, it has already received 4 patches and the last patch optimized the game for 32 core processors.

Bucur92
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Well kudos to AMD for helping Ubisoft with Far Cry 3 and teach Ubisoft how to proply port games to PC.
But i lost 60$ on AC3 and i get 20 FPS in Boston so no more wasted money on Ubisoft games.

dewgel
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Well kudos to AMD for helping Ubisoft with Far Cry 3 and teach Ubisoft how to proply port games to PC.
But i lost 60$ on AC3 and i get 20 FPS in Boston so no more wasted money on Ubisoft games.

You didn't lose $60 on AC3 you stupid nob head. The game is playable, Far Cry 3 on console actually only runs at around 20fps, so live with it.

Just be patient and wait for it. This is what you get. Moron

Bucur92
01-05-2013, 09:38 PM
You didn't lose $60 on AC3 you stupid nob head. The game is playable, Far Cry 3 on console actually only runs at around 20fps, so live with it.

Just be patient and wait for it. This is what you get. Moron

Yes the game is playable at 20 FPS in Boston maybe you like it that way but i dont so if you like to give Ubisoft 60$ for crappy ports also maybe you like to kiss them in the *** too.Many players are getting 20 FPS in AC3 even with a high end card and you come here to tell me that AC3 is playable is pathetic.

miranzzz
01-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes the game is playable at 20 FPS in Boston maybe you like it that way but i dont so if you like to give Ubisoft 60$ for crappy ports also maybe you like to kiss them in the *** too.Many players are getting 20 FPS in AC3 even with a high end card and you come here to tell me that AC3 is playable is pathetic.

Funny thing is, when im in boston when i look out of the city i get 130+ ~160 fps and when i spin 190 degrees and look at the town i get 35~40 and i'm using a sapphire hd 7970 vapor x 3gb oc -__-

DiamondThief
01-05-2013, 10:34 PM
My frame rate seems to hover in the mid to high 20s. Im using a lowly GTX650ti lol. Shows how badly this game is optimised if it can keep up with a HD7970. My main problem is the .exe crash. this whole game is riddled with faults from start to finish. This was supposed to be the game to covert me from a console gamer to a proper PC gamer. To be honest it isnt working and isnt likely to. I can already hear the xbox calling my name with its steady FPS. Its shocking how people playing on 1000+ PC's are being outdone by a near 6 year old console with old tech. Especially when all it would take is a small amount of effort from Ubisoft to keep all its customers happy primed and ready to buy future Ubi products. Instead....were being treated as 3rd class gamers behind the console gamers.
Rant over.....normal service will now be resumed lol!

dewgel
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
My frame rate seems to hover in the mid to high 20s. Im using a lowly GTX650ti lol. Shows how badly this game is optimised if it can keep up with a HD7970. My main problem is the .exe crash. this whole game is riddled with faults from start to finish. This was supposed to be the game to covert me from a console gamer to a proper PC gamer. To be honest it isnt working and isnt likely to. I can already hear the xbox calling my name with its steady FPS. Its shocking how people playing on 1000+ PC's are being outdone by a near 6 year old console with old tech. Especially when all it would take is a small amount of effort from Ubisoft to keep all its customers happy primed and ready to buy future Ubi products. Instead....were being treated as 3rd class gamers behind the console gamers.
Rant over.....normal service will now be resumed lol!

Agree with you there Michael lad! And haha yeah this was also my first "modern" PC game. Just got a new laptop last month, runs nearly all games on ultra, but AC3 it's the same, 25fps average.

And I get the same guys, when I look away from Boston I get crazy high FPS, and as soon as I turn back it drops. This is the same on my PS3 though, runs so smooth whenever you climb ships etc.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else get a steady 50-60fps when playing as Haytham on the Providence?

abohamed
01-06-2013, 01:28 AM
guys i told you that before : this game run with ANY nvidia card with ANY intel i5 CPUs ( i5 at least ) and please trust me when i told you that i saw it with my own eyes ... my friend has a laptop ( not even a desktop !! ) and his spec is nvidia 525M and intel i5 @ 2.44 and he already finished the game with solid 35 - 40 FPS ANYWHERE EVEN IN BOSTON ... and you all know that the nvidia 525M is not for games but its for kitchen jobs !! but still it runs this game better than my Asus 5770 HD card .. so the real problem is with ALL AMD cards/CPUs that need to be fixed by AMD or ubisoft or both .. end of story.

BzkGB
01-06-2013, 02:15 AM
guys i told you that before : this game run with ANY nvidia card with ANY intel i5 CPUs ( i5 at least ) and please trust me when i told you that i saw it with my own eyes ... my friend has a laptop ( not even a desktop !! ) and his spec is nvidia 525M and intel i5 @ 2.44 and he already finished the game with solid 35 - 40 FPS ANYWHERE EVEN IN BOSTON ... and you all know that the nvidia 525M is not for games but its for kitchen jobs !! but still it runs this game better than my Asus 5770 HD card .. so the real problem is with ALL AMD cards/CPUs that need to be fixed by AMD or ubisoft or both .. end of story.

Maybe your friend was lucky - but the rest of what you're saying is, quite frankly, a lie.

I'm running an i5 2500k 3.3GHz overclocked at 4.2, with a Nvidia GTX 670 FTW and I'm still getting fairly large FPS drops in Boston/New York/Frontier.

DiamondThief
01-06-2013, 02:52 AM
Maybe your friend was lucky - but the rest of what you're saying is, quite frankly, a lie.

I'm running an i5 2500k 3.3GHz overclocked at 4.2, with a Nvidia GTX 670 FTW and I'm still getting fairly large FPS drops in Boston/New York/Frontier.

Spot on! couldn't of said it better myself. Ive witnessed the game running on a Demo unit in a local shop which had an i7 3770k @ 4.9Ghz, 32GB 1866Mhz RAM, and a GTX 690 backed up by a Samsung 830 SSD. Frame rates were appalling to the point where it was taken off the Demo stand as it was making the shops flagship PC look terrible.

hitman47222
01-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Spot on! couldn't of said it better myself. Ive witnessed the game running on a Demo unit in a local shop which had an i7 3770k @ 4.9Ghz, 32GB 1866Mhz RAM, and a GTX 690 backed up by a Samsung 830 SSD. Frame rates were appalling to the point where it was taken off the Demo stand as it was making the shops flagship PC look terrible.

i7 3770K @ 4.9GHz.. 32GB of RAM... GTX 690 AND A SSD.. And still bad FPS?

Guess i am not upgrading for this game lol.

gwklam
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Does anyone find the very high AA look very annoying to look at? is there any other way to get or force better AA through the Nvidia Control panel? I only have gtx460 so no TXAA.

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Does anyone find the very high AA look very annoying to look at? is there any other way to get or force better AA through the Nvidia Control panel? I only have gtx460 so no TXAA.
You can force through nvidia control panel yes or you can use your own AA methods like I did.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728927-Assassin-s-Creed-III-PC-color-mod
It is essentially a color mod with custom AA, and other tweaks but if you want I can do just AA for you, altho the colors are nice if I can say so myself.

bveUSbve
01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I have a GTX690 and even with it the frame rates drop noticeably at places in Boston. Yesterday evening a new Nvidia-Driver became available, and it seemed to improve things slightly (not yet sure about that).

Regarding comparisons with consoles:
It seems they manage (mostly) to keep a steady frame rate of 30. Since those are quite constant - without frequent bigger "gaps" between two frames - it is perceived as "acceptable". Whereas on PC such "gaps" may occur, even though the frame rate a tool like MSI Afterburner reports are generally well above 40.

But what's about the resolution? As far as I know the PC-version of this game (as well as of most other modern games) utilizes textures of much higher resolution than their consoles counterparts. And the drawing distance (correct term?) is much wider. So I think the comparison consoles/PC is a classic case apples vs. oranges...

The game may be badly optimized. I don't really know - AC2 and Brotherhood (and the forgettable Revelations..) required powerful hardware to run smooth on high settings too. But whoever appreciates "high end" graphics quality (in an Open World game!) is better off with the PC-version, that much I'm sure of.

gwklam
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
You can force through nvidia control panel yes or you can use your own AA methods like I did.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728927-Assassin-s-Creed-III-PC-color-mod
It is essentially a color mod with custom AA, and other tweaks but if you want I can do just AA for you, altho the colors are nice if I can say so myself.

Hey i just tried out your color mod, color looks great but... might be a bit too much for me lol.
But the AA didnt seem to work for me. i followed your instructions, set my ingame AA to normal and left the SMAA at 1.
Im on drivers 310.90 Nvidia btw

Somehow on the Assassins3.ini file when i set multisampling to 3 instead of 2 (im on gtx460), and then set my Nvidia Control Panel to having 8X supersampling, i can feel the AA got a lil bit, just a tad bit better, and hence the fps goes down by like.... 5 fps. i usually get 26-32fps in boston with everything at very high at 1080p

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey i just tried out your color mod, color looks great but... might be a bit too much for me lol.
But the AA didnt seem to work for me. i followed your instructions, set my ingame AA to normal and left the SMAA at 1.
Im on drivers 310.90 Nvidia btw

Somehow on the Assassins3.ini file when i set multisampling to 3 instead of 2 (im on gtx460), and then set my Nvidia Control Panel to having 8X supersampling, i can feel the AA got a lil bit, just a tad bit better, and hence the fps goes down by like.... 5 fps. i usually get 26-32fps in boston with everything at very high at 1080p
Uhm, what exactly didn't work, you were having jaggies?

gwklam
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Uhm, what exactly didn't work, you were having jaggies?

Yea, jaggies all over the buildings, as if AA was the ingame normal.

Connor was ok though,
well......... he's up close

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Yea, jaggies all over the buildings, as if AA was the ingame normal.

Connor was ok though,
well......... he's up close
Odd I don't really see jaggies

http://i.minus.com/ib0LY2hqZrhedZ.png

gwklam
01-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Odd I don't really see jaggies

http://i.minus.com/ib0LY2hqZrhedZ.png

i see them all over your windows and sidewalk.
anyways I notice the lack of AA when walkin around

ProletariatPleb
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
i see them all over your windows and sidewalk.
anyways I notice the lack of AA when walkin around
But that's there even in very high AA?
I'm an AMD/ATi card user so I don't have TXAA, the only way to eliminate the 'walking thing' you mentioned is in TXAA if you and I are talking about the same thing.

Since AA is all you care about, I have another suggestion, open AC3.txt from my mod and delete everything inside, then copy-paste this into it.

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /
'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 98 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

Then try the game and tell me if it's any better.

BzkGB
01-06-2013, 03:01 PM

http://i46.tinypic.com/vpyioy.jpg

DiamondThief
01-06-2013, 08:01 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/vpyioy.jpg

Exactly! Us gamers who dont have bottomless pockets for upgrades might aswell give up now.
Or.......we could all make sure our drivers are up to date coz thats the miracle cure....isnt that right Ubisoft? haha

Razrback16
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Just curious -- has anyone with fps issues contacted AMD or NVidia to see what they have to say about it? The game runs fine on my rig, but for those of you with issues, I am curious if the vid card companies are working on any additional performance enhancements for upcoming driver releases?

DiamondThief
01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Just curious -- has anyone with fps issues contacted AMD or NVidia to see what they have to say about it? The game runs fine on my rig, but for those of you with issues, I am curious if the vid card companies are working on any additional performance enhancements for upcoming driver releases?

Its already been established that its not drivers at fault. its a badly optimised game. Nvidia have released 2 new updates (as far as i know) and its no difference. People have reported only 50% load on some top end cards. The game is not utilising the GPU properly. No matter how many drivers Nvidia or AMD/ATI release, that wont change until Ubisoft get off there behinds and do something about it. The whole problem is Ubisoft passing the problems off to other people not wanting to admit they launched a complete lemon of a game.

gwklam
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
But that's there even in very high AA?
I'm an AMD/ATi card user so I don't have TXAA, the only way to eliminate the 'walking thing' you mentioned is in TXAA if you and I are talking about the same thing.

Since AA is all you care about, I have another suggestion, open AC3.txt from my mod and delete everything inside, then copy-paste this into it.

Then try the game and tell me if it's any better.

http://i.imgur.com/8nuAV.jpg

Ive tried again, the right side image is using your files.
:(

senseman62
01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
UbiGabe wrote:
Apologies PC Assassins, but some last-minute incompatibilities mean that we will need to release this patch after the holidays.We'll get it out as soon as possible in the new year. Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

Holidays ended,new year coms its 6th January and where is that patch ? Was 1,5 month and nothing..Maybe released in 2014 LOL

Boemundus
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I believe at this point that mods HAVE TO tell us something, an ETA, a release date...

Bakin360
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I would say today is their first working day after the holidays. If we're lucky we'll get the patch next week, but I still think it will neither fix the FPS problems nor the infamous music bug. :-(

komissarov87
01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
very interesting ... when the patch does come to PC? and most importantly, what information may not have ... indeed a new year ended ... then it was not necessary to promise that he will be released in early January 2013 and indicate the date of the patch.. ubisoft you undermine trust in yourself, and it's sad: (

sharkdrutt
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
They are completely ingoring PC at the moment...

No response from devs any more...

LambertoKevlar
01-07-2013, 01:18 PM
where's Anonymous when we need them?

ProletariatPleb
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Ive tried again, the right side image is using your files.
:(
Ah, now I see what you mean. Let me see if I can do anything about it. Maybe FXAA will work better.

BzkGB
01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
where's Anonymous when we need them?

Indeed.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
this is taking soooo long

can we pretty please get a dev reply or something?
are they still working on a patch or do i have to restart my game again?

http://www.josimarie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/waiting.gif

LambertoKevlar
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
i think they don't know anything,the right hand don't know what the ****ing left hand is doing,they are shameless

sharkdrutt
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Two months ago:

Extra, Extra! important news:

We will release a patch soon!

Two months later....

Soon!

Boemundus
01-07-2013, 05:02 PM
and still no communication. no respect at all

Bucur92
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/assassins-creed-3-battle-hardened-multiplayer-dlc-pack-dated-detailed/ (http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/assassins-creed-3-battle-hardened-multiplayer-dlc-pack-dated-detailed/).They have time to work on DLC but not on the patch it seems.No FPS fix no patch to fix the bugs in the game nothing typical Ubisoft no respect for the PC gamers.So from now on at least for me no more wasted money on Ubisoft games.

BzkGB
01-07-2013, 06:03 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/assassins-creed-3-battle-hardened-multiplayer-dlc-pack-dated-detailed/ (http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/assassins-creed-3-battle-hardened-multiplayer-dlc-pack-dated-detailed/).They have time to work on DLC but not on the patch it seems.No FPS fix no patch to fix the bugs in the game nothing typical Ubisoft no respect for the PC gamers.So from now on at least for me no more wasted money on Ubisoft games.

To the Bay!

LambertoKevlar
01-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Anonymous please...if you can read me this is your call of duty!!!

senseman62
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
this is taking soooo long

can we pretty please get a dev reply or something?
are they still working on a patch or do i have to restart my game again?

http://www.josimarie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/waiting.gif

Two months ago:

Extra, Extra! important news:

We will release a patch soon!

Two months later....

Soon!

+1

Boemundus
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
cmon ubisoft , speak or forever hold your peace ! :cool:

SixKeys
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
I haven't see any of the regular mods around the forums for weeks. I suspect they're all on vacation. So there's no-one even paying attention to these posts.

LambertoKevlar
01-08-2013, 12:32 AM
i'm happy to pay their vacations...

Anykeyer
01-08-2013, 07:11 AM

This one does not even appear like a proper DLC. Characters are already in game files, and maps they just cut from final game (look at first 10 prestige titles and you will see)

Tim_Skijwalker
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Still staring at my screen.. waiting for a dev reply or some patch notes..

I'll be here ubisoft.. actually still excited about playing assassins creed III :cool:

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2012/05/will-smith-men-in-black-3-thumb-550x303-92258.jpg

It's just that I can't play at the moment and that makes me a little sad

http://www.solarnavigator.net/media/media_images/george_bush_president_united_states_of_america_sad _face.jpg

Boemundus
01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
"Battle hardened pack" for multiplayer is coming january 15, so I guess we won't see the patch until that day

Turin_Hawke
01-08-2013, 06:11 PM
I won't buy its dlc, I want it free for my patience.

spectatorx
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
"Battle hardened pack" for multiplayer is coming january 15, so I guess we won't see the patch until that day
Or dlc will come with patch. As it was with dlcs for revelations, in patch changelog you had entry "improved compatibility with dlc" what meant "with this patch we apply dlc files, now you have them installed so you can buy the code to use them".

hitman47222
01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
QUOTE :

I just received a response from tech support after they asked for dxdiag and msinfo stuff:
They are "..currently aware of the issue..." and it will be addressed in the "...next update for the game...".

I inquired as to when that update would be available. They couldn't give me a hard date, but they did say probably "...within the next week or so."

END QUOTE

This was said by someone on the DLC missing music problem. It was posted 4th of Jan. So that next week the support said is supposed to be this week. Lets see if they can get the patch out before the weekend.

abohamed
01-08-2013, 06:54 PM
QUOTE :

I just received a response from tech support after they asked for dxdiag and msinfo stuff:
They are "..currently aware of the issue..." and it will be addressed in the "...next update for the game...".

I inquired as to when that update would be available. They couldn't give me a hard date, but they did say probably "...within the next week or so."

END QUOTE

This was said by someone on the DLC missing music problem. It was posted 4th of Jan. So that next week the support said is supposed to be this week. Lets see if they can get the patch out before the weekend.

Amen .. but i have a Q : when he say : "..currently aware of the issue..." and it will be addressed in the "...next update for the game...".
are he taking about the FPS problem OR about the music missing problem .. waiting for an answer ...................

Boemundus
01-08-2013, 07:13 PM
is that particular statement, he was referring to the infamous music missing bug

abohamed
01-08-2013, 07:19 PM
is that particular statement, he was referring to the infamous music missing bug

now i want to cry :(

Boemundus
01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
now i want to cry :(

I infer that you do not suffer from this stupid bug :P