PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Finding a Courier on PC Assassin's Creed 3 Thieves Club Task

ThexKezza
12-18-2012, 02:02 AM
I as many other PC players had issues finding a Courier on PC, I found ways to trick the spawns on YouTube but sadly, they didn't seem to work on the PC version.
So here I am wondering if I kill a bunch of guards then go to the Paper Printer I'll find one running past.

So running around SOUTH BOSTON with ONE STAR NOTORIETY I perform a running assassination on two guards on the map (Custom Marker) shown a Courier spawns right in front of me!
Hope it's not just luck.
http://pics-akamai.slickpic.com/MzY2NTkyNDBmMTczZg,,/20121217/Mjg4NDk2NWYxMTc,/p/1600/2012-12-18_00003.jpg

GOOD LUCK!

tcplotts
12-21-2012, 03:42 AM
I find them. I've killed 4 already less than half way through my 2d playthrough. My problem is that the kills aren't recognized for this quest. Just one of many screwups.

cmrggamer
12-21-2012, 05:00 AM
I find them. I've killed 4 already less than half way through my 2d playthrough. My problem is that the kills aren't recognized for this quest. Just one of many screwups.

You're not supposed to kill them, you're supposed to tackle them.

tcplotts
12-21-2012, 09:50 AM
You're not supposed to kill them, you're supposed to tackle them.

well, that explains that. thanks! they're dying anyway. i'll just skip the quest...:)

YazX_
12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
the next patch will have them spawn more often, if you just finished the game like me and wanted to complete this challenge, it took me around 1 hour to make him pop out, but if you are playing normal, usually when liberating forts, there is one running out of it. but as most of players, i just killed him without knowing i have to do the tackling thing until i got the challenge.

Anyway, if anyone have a problem with this, you can go to NY harbor and roam there, they usually spawn there more often but its a matter of luck. the one spawned for me was walking guarding a convoy, so i just tackled him easily without any running or chasing.

medavroog
12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
well, that explains that. thanks! they're dying anyway. i'll just skip the quest...:)

There is an Easy Trick on courier tackles...

Throw a Poison Dart at the Courier to slow him down, and then, run (in case you aren't running already) to him to tackle him before he dies.

tcplotts
12-23-2012, 12:03 PM
i actually chased one across all of new york--anyone else a little miffed that these old, fat buggers lugging around muskets are almost as fast as you?--and the acheivement didn't trigger. i mean, given all the rest of the bugs in this thing, it's a smaller one, but still.

so i'm putting them back on ignore.