PDA

View Full Version : Some praise for Ubisoft...

the_atm
12-17-2012, 09:52 PM
So AC3 didn't win GOTY, not sure if it was even nominated. they didn't really win anything. that's gota be hard after all the publicity they put out, the hard work and everything so I'm just making this thread about praising Ubisoft for their hard work. feel free to ignore or praise with me, but please no negative comments towards other members or ubisoft them selves.

The animals. step off the boat in the beginning and i'm welcomed to a cat and dog fight. step in the streets and see the remains of a dead rat. see a cat playing with laundry hanging out side. Truly amazing.

I'm currently standing on a building in New york and I can see people walking all around me way way out where normal games would not have people. They truly did stick to the 2000 people on screen at a time.

Though some hate Ubisoft for not having music in free roam, I like it. some games just drown you in music to the point where you hate it. this game is so much fun to run around, hear carts, horses people or trees and branches.

the free running is the best in the series. it's not a repetitive motion, he puts his legs on either side of a window for leverage. it's astounding.

The facial expressions look... jaw dropping... :D but really though, sometimes I feel bad when I see that i've killed an older man and I see his face in pain than I see connors face all like :O

The environment. need I say more? you have drunks near the poorer parts of town, garbage everywhere people talking and or arguing in public parks or seating areas, men and women making out in back allies. it's all so... real?

The navy... I mean really. I'd be fine with just the normal stuff but the navy brings the whole game to a whole new high. The water effects are astounding, life like, the crew is realistic.

and remember this is all in one game? yeah. there's many more I could say but I'll leave some to you guys. remember only positive remarks, nothing negative about Ubisoft or other members here. no sarcasm either. lol have a nice day guys!

MasterAssasin84
12-17-2012, 10:57 PM
We are living the golden age of gaming noobs and bonkers plot lines !!

i am very suprised that rbi did not get any mention for this because i certainly felt that lived up to my expectations , even exceeded them in some areas , i guess todays modern gamer does not know how to appreciate artistic flair and realism and awesome gameplay as for many of the comments on here its hard !:nonchalance:

Assassin_M
12-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Homestead...Nuff said..

That Mo Fo is a Programming BEAST. Kudos to the Programmers for that..

The Story was AWESOME for me...Kudos to Corey May.

The Visuals were beautiful. Kudos to the Artists and Graphic designers.

Every one of the devs did a great Job on AC III.....Make it better, guys and keep it up..

Can`t say the same to the top suits....if this franchise becomes like COD...It`ll be your fault

Free_Hidings
12-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Agreed. There are some flaws. certainly, but overall the game blew me away. The sheer scope is one thing, but also it manages to play more fluidly / smoothly, with amazing graphics, an awesome storyline... Definately my favourite game on PS3. Also I have loved each of the multiplayers and this is definately my favourite iteration.

The attention to detail on animals and environments is amazing. Not much more to say without repeating myself, but great job Ubisoft, now let me change targets in Artifact Assault and I will buy 10 copies of AC3 tonight...

cless711
12-18-2012, 02:26 AM
In the storm you get into, with Hatham around the first sequences, I almost got seasick because of how detailed the water was XD It was amazing and no worries, I didn't throw up or anything xD

UbiHawk1ns
12-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Hey guys, we are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying AC3. With title launches, a number of issues can come up from all sides of the spectrum. During game launches, with the amount of purchases that come in and new players on top of that, we work day and night in an attempt to help everyone we possibly can. I am a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating it can be. You purchase games, you want to play them, and you want them to work.

We care about our players, and want you to have the best experience possible. These things take a large amount of time and attention to resolve. The development teams are hard at work making the best games possible, while our support teams try to make sure you get the most out of that experience by attempting to resolve said problems that come up. If you are having technical issues, feel free to contact us via the various links in my signature and we will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. The Ubisoft teams and myself are here for you, and that is the bottom line.

the_atm
12-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Thought of a few more.

This is a personal one but I did take American History last year in highschool (i'm from Canada so...) and I loved this period of history, when I was doing the paul revere stuff it was just as I imagined it, same with many of the battles.

You can feel the emotion in the actors voices, see it in their faces. You get a real sense of what Connor is fighting for through the superior writing. He knows and you as a player know that things aren't black and white.

and as seen above, Ubisoft does inhabit the forums here!

Love you Ubisoft lol!

VitaminsXYZ
12-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Agree with everything that was listed so far! I love all the new characters, too, even the villains thanks to that nice buildup at the start. I can't even begin to list all the awesome new features that I enjoyed.

And this may not seem like a big thing, but I really like how you can actually shove people without faceplanting into the ground anymore, limbs flying everywhere. That happened to me far too much in the previous AC games...

TangentialShark
12-18-2012, 09:03 AM
My favorite part of the game is the Homestead and all of its rich characters. This is the first game where I wanted to actually build up my home not just because of 100% completion but because it really feels like I am helping people in a mid-life crisis have a home. Every single time you walk by a neighbor they say hello and are doing different activities which adds to the surreal experience.

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
My favorite part of the game is the Homestead and all of its rich characters. This is the first game where I wanted to actually build up my home not just because of 100% completion but because it really feels like I am helping people in a mid-life crisis have a home. Every single time you walk by a neighbor they say hello and are doing different activities which adds to the surreal experience.

100 times this. You actually feel you are doing something precious, not just a game activity. Building a beautiful little world out of all the neglected people. Everytime they say hello, everytime you see Dr. White smoking his pipe under the tree, Father Timothy ringing the church bells at 12, Oliver doing his thing with his wife in the pub.. you actually feel you're building a new world piece by piece and it actually feels alive, not just a bunch of AIs winding around on programmed route.

pacmanate
12-18-2012, 09:29 AM
WOAH. OP you realise that you are only allowed to moan about the game :P

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 09:33 AM
WOAH. OP you realise that you are only allowed to moan about the game :P

Blasphemy! Hang the OP!

EaglePrince25
12-18-2012, 10:17 AM
The homestead and the frontier alone made the game worthwhile. Then take into account the sea battles, the fight animations, and the focus on the past and the present, and you have a solid game. It's not my favorite, and I don't consider it the best, but in terms of innovation it beats all the others. It's very clear a massive amount of work was put into it.

MasterAssasin84
12-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, we are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying AC3. With title launches, a number of issues can come up from all sides of the spectrum. During game launches, with the amount of purchases that come in and new players on top of that, we work day and night in an attempt to help everyone we possibly can. I am a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating it can be. You purchase games, you want to play them, and you want them to work.

We care about our players, and want you to have the best experience possible. These things take a large amount of time and attention to resolve. The development teams are hard at work making the best games possible, while our support teams try to make sure you get the most out of that experience by attempting to resolve said problems that come up. If you are having technical issues, feel free to contact us via the various links in my signature and we will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. The Ubisoft teams and myself are here for you, and that is the bottom line.

You are all doing an amazing job i loved AC3 , the bold creative decisions with this game have certainly paid off in my eyes , its original and the graphical content is simply amazing !!

shobhit7777777
12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
They should've created a new category - Excellence in Technical Acheivement JUST for AC3

The people on screen, the characters, the absolutely mind blowing animations and the unparalleled movement through ALL environments especially the frontier should be recgonized. NO other video game character moves like Connor.

AC was a technical masterpiece to begin with...AC3 just took it to the next level. Although graphically..Halo 4 wins :D (Fanboi!!!)

I will give my left nut to see ACR and AC2 in AC3's engine with all the new animations and gameplay additions. My. Left. Nut.

POP1Fan
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM
They should've created a new category - Excellence in Technical Acheivement JUST for AC3

The people on screen, the characters, the absolutely mind blowing animations and the unparalleled movement through ALL environments especially the frontier should be recgonized. NO other video game character moves like Connor.

AC was a technical masterpiece to begin with...AC3 just took it to the next level. Although graphically..Halo 4 wins :D (Fanboi!!!)

I will give my left nut to see ACR and AC2 in AC3's engine with all the new animations and gameplay additions. My. Left. Nut.

You have my right one too.

zMrFahrenheit
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't do anything but agree

the_atm
12-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Blasphemy! Hang the OP!

I don't moan... this is moaning...
See, you couldn't hear it. what I do is voice my opinions. I've noticed that I tend to point out the negatives of the game so I made a positive thread. :)