PDA

View Full Version : New ability #3 - Retribution

Aza404
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
The best defense is attack!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/preatorian.png

Or at least, thatís what they sayÖ

Retribution is the new haven ability and is represented by the Wolf Duchy. We wanted an ability that would give a bigger importance to retaliation. With Retribution, warriors from the Wolf Duchy are capable of bringing down their enemies while being attacked. They will even deal retaliation damage while they die!

A retaliation of 4 is also extremely dangerous for many creatures such as Harpies, Griffons or Juggernauts. When a creature is facing another higher cost creature, we often try to deal a small amount of damage, survive and block one turn. When facing a Wolf PraetorianÖ itís not that easy.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Ret1.JPG

After an attack, the Juggernaut also ends up in the cemetery.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Ret2.JPG

This is a creature that upholds the Haven factionís defensive strategy, but being able to retaliate so hard means that he also has a way of hurting the enemy creatures fighting for the wrong duchy.

Some would say that an ability based on retaliation is not worth it if you face shooters. But they would be wrong!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/elrathblessing.png

How much retaliation do shooters have? 0? 1?
How much does the praetorian have?

Thanks to Elrathís Blessing, the Wolf Duchy can dictate the rhythm of the battle for one whole turn. Praetorians become a real threat, the assassin no longer knows how to fight, the Deathseeker has lost his sword on the way here and the Sea Elf Archer could just as well be shooting flowers instead of arrows for all the harm they do.
Haven is not usually aggressive for long, but when it bears its fangs, itís not a force to be reckoned with!

For example: how many inferno creatures will perish from Havenís attack this turn? And most importantly, how many Haven creatures will survive until the next turn?

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Ret3.JPG

And now, after Elrathís Blessing?

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Ret4.JPG

One picture is worth a thousand words:

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/Ret5.JPG

Simon_V, Game Designer

hydramarine
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
One card that works as combat surprise card and almost fog effect. 2 resource, and common. GG WP :)

Looks like it will be core in a lot of haven decks.

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
niiiice !

this may end up being my favorite keyword :P
since it's on a decent body and has demented interaction !

also there seems to be an event that gives creatures + retaliation permanently . like week of emerald song for life :D

also more definition for haven , I LOVE it !

Shikao87
12-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Retribution looks like nice, powerful, but not OP.

However, Elrath's Blessing twice in a row and inferno will be basically gone =/ And with low cost and requirements it may happen quite easily.

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Retribution looks like nice, powerful, but not OP.

However, Elrath's Blessing twice in a row and inferno will be basically gone =/ And with low cost and requirements it may happen quite easily.

inferno has decent retaliation values as well , at least on his melee creatures.
what I fear is shooters in general taking a HUGE blow from this if it becomes too popular :P

Shikao87
12-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Haven has nice retalliation too. With lower attack you will not be able to kill them right away, so you will be hurt by their retalliation. And now add Guard ability to mix...

hydramarine
12-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Looks like they knew what they were doing when they gave +1 ret- -1 health to Marksman compared to Lich / Succubi.

Some people were complaining about Marksman. Just wanted to point that out =)

r3tsa
12-17-2012, 06:45 PM
I really hope there will be fortune counter.

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 07:45 PM
I really hope there will be fortune counter.

well the closest thing to counters that they can make atm is wasteland , or wasteland similar cards ...

r3tsa
12-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Elrath's Blessing stay on the field long enough to be countered by a Dispel like card.

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Elrath's Blessing stay on the field long enough to be countered by a Dispel like card.

Prison and time jump , and the gain 100 resources cards don't .
also , there should be SOME kind of counters for all spells fortunes , not only to the ongoing ones .
also , it doesn't help you much to dispel this fortune after the 0atk /100 retaliation opposing army killed all your creatures :P

ulpsz
12-18-2012, 12:17 AM
wolf pretorian is OP !!!!!

come on....... cost 4, health 6, and that super ability...

can't be taken down by any earley ranged/ spell combo , and takes out allmost any cost 4 flyer/ melee in one shot....
this should be an anti melee creature , not ANTY EVERYTHING

retribution is cool, and it's a good thing to be able to stop an earley ravager rush, but this makes it impossible

what i,f added to it's health 6 , there is a ranged guard near it???
you can cast sunbursts freely without fear of losing it too

make it health 3 so it at least dies from fire\sunburst,

elrath blessing is neat...like the idea alot, fits the heaven theme perfectley also

leonid1995927
12-18-2012, 01:02 AM
I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens!

Rocambole4
12-18-2012, 08:17 AM
inferno has decent retaliation values as well , at least on his melee creatures.
what I fear is shooters in general taking a HUGE blow from this if it becomes too popular :P

The cool thing is - shooters are the perfect counter to Retribution, so both mechanics kinda make them balanced again...

groumph88
12-18-2012, 08:45 AM
OMAGAD!!!!!!!!

Me wantiii now! Haven is back baby:rolleyes:

Thanisse
12-18-2012, 09:16 AM
OMAGAD!!!!!!!!

Me wantiii now! Haven is back baby:rolleyes:

when was haven away :P ?
last I checked, among the best decks there was one such prison siegfried , and the combo siegfried :P

haven was never away ... just needed 4x DA to work properly !

Hakko83
12-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Very good card... haven cards wall will become even more annoying :)

groumph88
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
when was haven away :P ?
last I checked, among the best decks there was one such prison siegfried , and the combo siegfried :P

haven was never away ... just needed 4x DA to work properly !

Yeah, one lousy boring cheated deck is all we should hope from a faction...

I don't play such things, i like having fun, and thos cards seems full of!

SILENT4ever32
12-18-2012, 12:05 PM
haven now is really abit op.....praetorian + 2 kinds of guards....with this blessing now haven is perfect vs inferno

Thanisse
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah, one lousy boring cheated deck is all we should hope from a faction...

I don't play such things, i like having fun, and thos cards seems full of!

one of the top players in tournament yesterday had a sandalphone deck :)
again , he had 2-4 DA's , but it was spell based , and a very good rush deck to be honest.

also there are "cheater" nergal decks too ... I would risk saying they are better then siegfried :P lol
that one I actually liked and if it's not utterly newtered with the patch , might try one on for zize next tournament :P .

Hakko83
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
one of the top players in tournament yesterday had a sandalphone deck :)
again , he had 2-4 DA's , but it was spell based , and a very good rush deck to be honest.
Yeah, was a great rush deck, i won against him thanks to my super lucky double earthquake draw on the first turn :D

r3tsa
12-18-2012, 03:10 PM
If you are referring to Lisek, then that's deck is super weak vs Nergal.